ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 106 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282811)

Rain Man 04-05-2014 12:54 PM

SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 106

The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up three randomly selected scenes from the nomination thread.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x20TMRnPR40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qIp_8RNNX4k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/C6k9TFjWiGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rico 04-05-2014 01:00 PM

The Schindler's List farewell scene is one of the best scenes from any movie of all time.

Rain Man 04-05-2014 01:02 PM

My votes in an ... entertaining ... heat:

#1 - Schindler's List. It's not a fantastic scene, but it's fine. It was clumsy of him to drop the ring.

#2 - Miller's Crossing. Was this a comedy? Seriously, was that scene a farcical representation of mobster movies? The dude in the bathrobe got shot at with 10,000 bullets, including two guys with tommy guns bursting into his bedroom, and they missed every single shot. He shot one guy in the ankle and the guy fell unconscious, and the other guy missed him with another thousand shots as he casually walked out of the bedroom while the house was on fire. And then he gets outside in his bathrobe and a drive-by misses him with another thousand shots? I thought, "Are they going to make the car blow up? This scene is so bad that the only way to make it worse would be to make the car blow up." AND THEY DID! THEY MADE THE CAR BLOW UP! Other than Scene #3 below, this has to be the worst movie scene ever made. (No offense if you nominated it.)

#3 - Mall Rats. I thought for sure that Miller's Crossing would be #3, and then I watched the Mall Rats scene. By the end, I was begging for it to be done. I was on my knees begging. It was lots of annoying people being annoying and what's worse, I think they were trying to make this a funny scene. I found the Schindler's List scene funnier. When he dropped that ring it brought me far closer to laughing than anything in this clip. (No offense if you nominated it.)

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-05-2014 01:09 PM

The first time I watched Schindler's List as an adult that scene had me baby crying.

Infidel Goat 04-05-2014 02:42 PM

The Miller's Crossing Scene is great--and people should watch it (in spite of Rain Man's take) prior to voting.

Full disclosure: I did not nominate it.

Rain Man 04-06-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel Goat (Post 10541414)
The Miller's Crossing Scene is great--and people should watch it (in spite of Rain Man's take) prior to voting.

Full disclosure: I did not nominate it.

It's definitely worth watching. I find it hilarious.

Discuss Thrower 04-06-2014 02:29 PM

No offense to whoever nominated it my ass.

And if Miller's Crossing loses then this whole process is a SHAM.

Rain Man 04-06-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10543864)
No offense to whoever nominated it my ass.

And if Miller's Crossing loses then this whole process is a SHAM.

Well, the guy overcame billion to one odds against escaping that attack, plus he managed to kill every single attacker, so I'm not going to write him off for anything.

Deberg_1990 04-06-2014 02:44 PM

Is Millers Crossing a comedy? Hehehe

No, its just a Coen Bros flick.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man 04-06-2014 03:40 PM

Here's how I would describe the Miller's Crossing scene to a new viewer.

It's dark. A mobster has killed a guy, but he forgot to bring his gun. As the dead man's hand catches on fire in a case of spontaneous combustion, a second mobster brings the first mobster his gun and they head upstairs.

Meanwhile, a guy upstairs is smoking a cigar in bed in his bathrobe, and gets suspicious because he smells smoke. You know, because you don't normally smell smoke when you're smoking a cigar. He immediately suspects that the cause might be two mobsters headed his way with tommy guns. He puts his slippers on in case he needs to go outside and shoot at a passing car. He then snuffs his cigar and puts it in his bathrobe pocket since he might need to celebrate later if he blows up a passing car.

The mobsters burst open his door and he instantly transports himself beneath his bed. The mobsters fire furiously at the floor in an apparent attempt to shoot the dead flaming guy on the first floor in case they hadn't really finished him off.

Bathrobe guy shoots one of the men in the ankle, instantly knocking him unconscious, and then finishes him off. The other man runs because ankle penetrator bullets are very scary.

Bathrobe guy borrows the dead mobster's tommy gun and runs out into the hallway. The second mobster was waiting there to ambush him but apparently badly misjudged his speed, because his hail of bullets missed completely from a range of less than 20 feet in an open space.

Bathrobe guy then throws his gun out the window, goes out himself, rolls down the roof, hangs on the edge for a couple of seconds to check out the fire, drops to the ground, and recovers his gun. In this same amount of time the second mobster apparently moves about 10 feet in pursuit of him. Bathrobe guy waits and waits and waits for him to cover the other 10 feet, then shoots him roughly a bazillion times to the point where it looks more like an electrocution scene than a shooting.

A car then appears, shooting a bazillion bullets at bathrobe guy, who makes no attempt to dodge or hide. Instead, he calmly walks toward the car, even offering a slow chase, as he shoots another bazillion rounds from his AC-130 tommy gun.

Everybody misses when they're fifty feet apart, but once the car is a quarter-mile away the bathrobe guy kills the driver and the car crashes. This apparently sets off a fire amongst some barrels of kerosene that are inside the passenger compartment, and it blows up.

Bathrobe guy, whose heart rate never rose above 40 beats per minute the whole time, seems content with the outcome and takes out his cigar to celebrate.

Discuss Thrower 04-06-2014 03:42 PM

The old man is still an artist with a Thompson.

Rain Man 04-06-2014 03:44 PM

It's definitely way better than the Mallrats scene.

Rasputin 04-06-2014 04:59 PM

I've never seen Schindler's list. Don't think I've seen any of these movies.

Rain Man 04-06-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10544213)
I've never seen Schindler's list. Don't think I've seen any of these movies.

I never saw the ending coming. The Hitler did it.

Rasputin 04-06-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10544261)
I never saw the ending coming. The Hitler did it.

Well you could have put that in spoiler tag :cuss: