ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Derek Wolfe taken out of game in an ambulance (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275406)

Saccopoo 08-18-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9897245)
He may be better in coverage, but hes not the better player. Eric Berry in the next two years will be known as the best safety in football.

Maybe the best strong safety, but he's got an uphill climb to reach that lofty summit. However, he should thrive in Sutton's defense, especially if Sutton employs a lot of the 46 look, which really plays to Berry's strengths.

He's been a liability against the pass for two seasons now.

There's a number of safeties taken in his draft class that have outperformed him to date, let alone guys like Eric Weddle, Troy Polamalu, Nick Collins, Adrian Wilson among others.

I like Berry a ton, but let's be realistic.

Chiefshrink 08-18-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9896319)
Eh. Ill give a pass on this one. It's good that the dude doesn't have ****ing broken spine.

Same here. What will be interesting is to see IF it will screw with his intensity psychologically when he gets back on the field(a la gun shy) because that is very scary for sure:shake:

MagicHef 08-18-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9897346)
And our Defense was on the field 70% of the game.

It sure would be nice to play defense when the offense is putting up 30+ a game instead of 7.

Moore played WAY more coverage snaps than Berry did.

LoneWolf 08-18-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9897342)
Yeah, he had one bad play. I think we know that.

What happened consistently throughout the season though, was that Berry was targeted more often than any other Safety in the league, because QBs and OCs knew they could find success.

Let me know how Moore plays the first year after tearing his ACL. Berry in the second half of the season was a completely different player than he was to start the year.

Mother****erJones 08-18-2013 03:17 PM

Berry was very unsure of his knee until midway through the season. Now he knows it's ok so he'll be a different player and better play also because of this scheme.

MagicHef 08-18-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9897370)
Let me know how Moore plays the first year after tearing his ACL. Berry in the second half of the season was a completely different player than he was to start the year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9897381)
Berry was very unsure of his knee until midway through the season. Now he knows it's ok so he'll be a different player and better play also because of this scheme.

Excuses like these are why Chiefs fans consistently think that they have one of the most talented rosters in the league.

BossChief 08-19-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9898274)
Excuses like these are why Chiefs fans consistently think that they have one of the most talented rosters in the league.

Or it could be the 6 probowlers (and 1 alternate) as well as 6 players in the top 100 (as dictated by the players themselves)

I hear a trough calling your name...

RealSNR 08-19-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9898274)

Apparently the same goes for Donk fans when it comes to Rahim "I suck cocks" Moore.

Do we have to show the gifs again?

MagicHef 08-19-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9898323)
Apparently the same goes for Donk fans when it comes to Rahim "I suck cocks" Moore.

Do we have to show the gifs again?

The gifs of one play? Go ahead.

Charles has fumbled before, it doesn't make him a bad RB.

Sorter 08-19-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9897352)
Maybe the best strong safety, but he's got an uphill climb to reach that lofty summit. However, he should thrive in Sutton's defense, especially if Sutton employs a lot of the 46 look, which really plays to Berry's strengths.

He's been a liability against the pass for two seasons now.

There's a number of safeties taken in his draft class that have outperformed him to date, let alone guys like Eric Weddle, Troy Polamalu, Nick Collins, Adrian Wilson among others.

I like Berry a ton, but let's be realistic.

Collins is done, yo.

Also, Adrian Wilson has sadly gotten old.

MagicHef 08-19-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9898315)
Or it could be the 6 probowlers (and 1 alternate) as well as 6 players in the top 100 (as dictated by the players themselves)

I hear a trough calling your name...

Yeah, I agree. Focusing on things like pro bowls and player rankings rather than actual results is another reason for the delusion.

Lzen 08-19-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9898331)
Yeah, I agree. Focusing on things like pro bowls and player rankings rather than actual results is another reason for the delusion.

Is this guy really this dumb? :spock:

Lzen 08-19-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9895793)
Discus

http://www.robbinssports.com/images/...ian-discus.jpg

RealSNR 08-19-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9898325)
The gifs of one play? Go ahead.

Charles has fumbled before, it doesn't make him a bad RB.

So a RB who has fumbled before as well doesn't make him equal with Charles.

There is no goddamned way Rahim Moore is even CLOSE to being as good as Eric Berry. This is just unbridled rampant Donk homerism, a disease spread by Knowmo ever since he welched on his bet.

Squatch 08-19-2013 07:47 AM

I hated the way Romeo used Berry. I think that was the problem last year. He was practically a linebacker. It seems like he will be freelancing and playing with instincts this year. Sort of like how Pittsburgh uses Polamalu. I have good feelings about this. I think he's the best player on the roster. He was just being wasted with Crennel.