ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Brady Quinn AFC player of the week (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267392)

DaFace 12-05-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9182594)
No, not really.

The NFL is just throwng a bone to the Chiefs.

Eh, I don't know about that. Statistically, it was the best day of his career, and he had the highest QBR in the league last week. It's notable as a one-time event though probably not as a predictor of future success.

In58men 12-05-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steron (Post 9182599)
Yeah. I wouldn't mind seeing Quinn as the backup. I don't see it happening though. More than likely we will go into the regular season as follows.

1) Alex Smith
2) Matt Barkley
3) Ricky Stanzi

I'll stab myself if we get Alex Smith

BlackHelicopters 12-05-2012 02:55 PM

Probably ought to go ahead and slap that franchise tag on Quinn now.

LOCOChief 12-05-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9182993)
I'll stab myself if we get Alex Smith

I'll stab myself is we keep Stanzi or Casshole.

KC_Lee 12-05-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 9183008)
I'll stab myself is we keep Stanzi or Casshole.

I'll stab myself if any of these jokers are kept.

Lzen 12-05-2012 03:18 PM

You know, I will admit that the thought crossed my mind when the announcers said the Chiefs had 0 penalties late in the game that the NFL was having pity on the Chiefs. I turned and said to my son that they may have been instructed to not call any penalty on the Chiefs unless is was something extremely obvious (like the 1 penalty they called - false start).

Still, look at Quinn's numbers and tell me he didn't deserve it. I don't care if he's been crap before, this game he played well enough to earn that honor.

gblowfish 12-05-2012 03:20 PM

Nice job by Quinn. He deserves congratulations on a great job in a tough situation.

Frosty 12-05-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9182990)
Eh, I don't know about that. Statistically, it was the best day of his career, and he had the highest QBR in the league last week. It's notable as a one-time event though probably not as a predictor of future success.

No, though it's also appropriate to mention that that was Quinn's 16th start in the NFL. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that he could drastically improve with more playing time.

I definitely don't want them to go into next season with Quinn as the QBOTF but, depending on what he does over the next four weeks, he could end up being a quality back up and mentor to a 1st round QB.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-05-2012 03:22 PM

AP rushed for 210 yards and sucked !

KurtCobain 12-05-2012 03:23 PM

Like a Jon Kitna type.

R8RFAN 12-05-2012 03:23 PM

Hoping for a repeat performance this week

ROYC75 12-05-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9183066)
AP rushed for 210 yards and sucked !

ROFL

ROYC75 12-05-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9183072)
Hoping for a repeat performance this week

I bet you are.

HemiEd 12-05-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9182626)
I would just as soon Quinn show everyone why he was a first round pick and play lights out. He's never really had that opportunity and some QB's just can't show their stuff playing off the bench. I'm rooting for him. And this week he faces the team that drafted him and never gave him that opportunity. Expect another win. Sorry.

I agree.

I have been on the draft a QB bandwagon a long time, in fact I remember well, how pissed I was when Cleveland moved back into the first round to snatch Quinn right before the Chief's pick.

Is his situation that much different than Lenny Dawson's back in the day?

If he did work out to be a legit top 10 QB, wouldn't that help take advantage of the window the team has with players like DJ, Tamba Hali, Bowe, Flowers, and Charles?

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-05-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9183081)
I agree.

I have been on the draft a QB bandwagon a long time, in fact I remember well, how pissed I was when Cleveland moved back into the first round to snatch Quinn right before the Chief's pick.

Is his situation that much different than Lenny Dawson's back in the day?

If he did work out to be a legit top 10 QB, wouldn't that help take advantage of the window the team has with players like DJ, Tamba Hali, Bowe, Flowers, and Charles?

Damn right, If we draft a QB we might as well trade the whole team and start over because our best players will be elderly by the time he's up to speed. IF Quin can just play at an above average tempo we can go places.