ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request Could use some positive thoughts... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272148)

007 04-16-2013 12:14 AM

Could use some positive thoughts...

My middle son is experiencing some throat issues that are causing him constant coughing fits. He has missed several days of school, seen his primary care doctor, an allergist, and today an ENT. He is on 3 different prescriptions and still getting no relief. He is scheduled to go into the ENT again this week to take video documentation of his throat when coughing and speaking. If they are unable to determine what the problem is we are probably going to have to take him to Children's Mercy Pulmonary for further evaluation.

Please send him some thoughts and prayers for some kind of resolution to all this.

Phobia 04-16-2013 12:16 AM

You got it, bro. That can't be fun at all - for him or for his family. Hope and pray they'll find an expedient resolution soon.

Rasputin 04-16-2013 12:26 AM

Prayers sent.

Please God let this boy be ok and get the medical attention and be with all who cares for the boy. Be with Dad and Mom so they stay strong and collective and keep faith and hope all is going be ok. Pray for quick healing and get better soon and back to school.

Gods will be done

Amen.

J Diddy 04-16-2013 12:44 AM

You got it. Hope they quickly figure it out and eliminate the problem.

007 04-16-2013 01:04 AM

It is so completely frustrating to watching cough for hours until he finally falls asleep from exhaustion. He isn't getting enough sleep, his teachers aren't exactly patient with him when he does go to school. I know the coughing in class is probably annoying as hell but we can't just keep him home every day of the week when he isn't contagious.

mnchiefsguy 04-16-2013 01:05 AM

Prayers for a good diagnosis and a quick recovery. Hope he feels better soon.

J Diddy 04-16-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9591019)
It is so completely frustrating to watching cough for hours until he finally falls asleep from exhaustion. He isn't getting enough sleep, his teachers aren't exactly patient with him when he does go to school. I know the coughing in class is probably annoying as hell but we can't just keep him home every day of the week when he isn't contagious.

I'm sorry that your boy has to go through this. Good news is Childrens Mercy is the badasses of the badasses.

Sorter 04-16-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9591038)
I'm sorry that your boy has to go through this. Good news is Childrens Mercy is the badasses of the badasses.

QFT

Rasputin 04-16-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9591038)

This is what I think. If your regular doctors arn't getting anywhere by now don't wait let CM take care of him. He will be in good hands there for sure.

007 04-16-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9591042)
This is what I think. If your regular doctors arn't getting anywhere by now don't wait let CM take care of him. He will be in good hands there for sure.

Oh, I have no doubt. I just want to give the locals a chance to figure this out before we have to start making daily trips to KC. His first ENT appt was yesterday and the followup is Thursday.

Rasputin 04-16-2013 02:19 AM

How has his oxygen levels been? If he got RSV is when I would get concerned.

Fritz88 04-16-2013 02:47 AM

All the best Guru. He'll be fine.

007 04-16-2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9591045)
How has his oxygen levels been? If he got RSV is when I would get concerned.

Oxygen levels were fine. Thats why this is so odd.

Ming the Merciless 04-16-2013 02:59 AM

My little nephew swallowed a penny once....and had similar symptoms for 4 days...

Praying for you that it turns out to be a simple matter also.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers

spanky 52 04-16-2013 04:13 AM

Hope everything turns out okay.