ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs CoMoChief has the solution to the QB problem in Kansas City (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268314)

CoMoChief 01-01-2013 02:08 AM

I wanna know how it's considering "****ing stupid" drafting the best overall player in the draft with the #1 pick?...especially in a draft that's not exactly top heavy w/ major homerun hitting type of prospects.

You don't have to draft a QB just because we have the #1 pick......you're going into reaching territory here and the fact that the Chiefs haven't selected a 1st round QB since God knows when is really clouding people's judgement. I get it. I want a franchise QB. But we can get one in the 2nd rd, possibly 3rd this year. Matt Flynn can play in this league, we've all seen that.

L.A. Chieffan 01-01-2013 02:09 AM

Teo isn't stupid, everything else is pretty much

CoMoChief 01-01-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9262866)
no.

We have not drafted a QB in the first round in 30 years. I don't want some other team's cast-off I don't care who it is. Whether we succeed or fail, it is time to step up and take our swing. That probably means Geno.

Sorry but as much as I want a franchise guy as the next guy...this doesn't mean shit this year....not in a draft where there isn't really a guy that jumps out. And sorry Geno Smith isn't that guy either.

So going back 4 years are you saying you wouldn't have taken "cast-offs" like Matt Shaub? Jay Culter? Michael Vick? instead of the the crap we've thrown out on the field? Not saying they were available then I'm just debunking the whole "cast-off" argument. I'm suggesting Flynn because he's played in the NFL for some time now and knows the speed of the game and we all know he can play. I'm not necessarily saying to immediately start him, but he would need to also be the primary backup should the winner of the starting job goes down w/ injury.

Imon Yourside 01-01-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9262913)
Sorry but as much as I want a franchise guy as the next guy...this doesn't mean shit this year....not in a draft where there isn't really a guy that jumps out. And sorry Geno Smith isn't that guy either.

Yes he is.

AussieChiefsFan 01-01-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9262908)
I wanna know how it's considering "****ing stupid" drafting the best overall player in the draft with the #1 pick?

Because we have Quinn & Cassel at QB

Quote:

You don't have to draft a QB just because we have the #1 pick.
yes we do, we have Quinn & Cassel at QB.

RealSNR 01-01-2013 02:14 AM

Any QB > Teo

Why?

Because Teo plays a worthless ****ing position that nobody cares about.

He's garbage. God ****. If draft value is what you care about, you should be drafting that overhyped clown in the 3rd you ****ing moron.

You're more reeruned than BlackBob, CoMo.

AussieChiefsFan 01-01-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9262925)
Any QB > Teo

Why?

He's garbage. God ****. If draft value is what you care about, you should be drafting that overhyped clown in the 3rd you ****ing moron.

And at a position we already have 3 playmakers at.

CoMoChief 01-01-2013 02:18 AM

Not selecting the best player to come out of this draft w/ the #1 pick (when that pick is a position of need) is like saying it's ****ing stupid to draft Arian Foster or Ray Rice whoever the best player in FFL is) with the first overall pick in your FFL.

CoMoChief 01-01-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9262916)
Because we have Quinn & Cassel at QB

yes we do, we have Quinn & Cassel at QB.

Apparantly you didn't read any of the OP.

L.A. Chieffan 01-01-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Any QB > Teo

Why?

Ray Lewis son.

L.A. Chieffan 01-01-2013 02:20 AM

Patrick Willis son

AussieChiefsFan 01-01-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9262936)
Apparantly you didn't read any of the OP.

Not much

L.A. Chieffan 01-01-2013 02:21 AM

Clay Matthews son

CoMoChief 01-01-2013 02:22 AM

Quote:

Any QB > Teo

Why?

Teo is a 3rd rd prospect....and I'm the reerun?

dmahurin 01-01-2013 02:22 AM

http://gamedayr.wpengine.netdna-cdn....inia-meme.jpeg