ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Tamba comes off the field Sat.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=146417)

Scaga 08-28-2006 08:05 AM

Tamba comes off the field Sat....

after making a great play Hicks rushes right over to meet him on the bench. I'm screaming at the TV.... "stay the _uck away from Hicks!" I'm not sure if he was trying to "coach" the rookie, or was asking for advice. Wife is looking at me like I'm crazy, (which is pretty much true). I guess Hicks just wanted to make an appearance on TV when he wasn't out of position? :banghead:

Anybody else see that?

Mecca 08-28-2006 08:09 AM

LOL that's great I thought the same thing. I was like look Hicks is going to teach him how to suck.

jspchief 08-28-2006 08:11 AM

I can read lips.

Hicks said: "thanks asshole, there goes my gravy train".

TRR 08-28-2006 08:12 AM

I've always liked Eric Hicks. He's a pro's pro, but his football skills have declined rapidly. I still don't understand why they don't try using Hicks as a DT on obvious passing downs. He doesn't have the speed as a DE anymore, but possibly as a tackle.

Mecca 08-28-2006 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR
I've always liked Eric Hicks. He's a pro's pro, but his football skills have declined rapidly. I still don't understand why they don't try using Hicks as a DT on obvious passing downs. He doesn't have the speed as a DE anymore, but possibly as a tackle.

He falls down trying to beat the tackle......he'd get plowed in about a second by guards.

CoMoChief 08-28-2006 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR

Or we should just probably cut him.

sedated 08-28-2006 08:18 AM

ROFL

I said the same thing, "Don't listen to him, Tamba!"

keg in kc 08-28-2006 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPimpDude
Or we should just probably cut him.

And replace him with....?

I love that he's not starting, and as much as I'd like to see him gone, he's still the best option we have as the 1st or 2nd end of the bench. Unless you're a big fan of Shane Burton or Clint Mitchell. Which I'm not. It's a shame Carlos Hall can't stay healthy so we'd see even less of him.

Mecca 08-28-2006 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
And replace him with....?

I love that he's not starting, and as much as I'd like to see him gone, he's still the best option we have as the 1st or 2nd end of the bench. Unless you're a big fan of Shane Burton or Clint Mitchell. Which I'm not. It's a shame Carlos Hall can't stay healthy so we'd see even less of him.

I bet you could find someone cut from another team that could at the very least do what Hicks does and do it a hell of alot cheaper.

keg in kc 08-28-2006 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
I bet you could find someone cut from another team that could at the very least do what Hicks does and do it a hell of alot cheaper.

Maybe. We'll see. Nobody's been cut yet. For all we know at this point Hicks could be on the list. Maybe they will look outside the organization. Maybe they won't. /shrug

Only point is that right now, I don't see anyone on the roster behind him that makes him look expendable. If you want to start talking theoretically about potential cuts from elsewhere, well, that's a whole 'nother conversation.

tyton75 08-28-2006 08:36 AM

From a Bronx Tale, "Forget it, we've been Mushed!"

Hicks is the Mush of the Defense!

Mr. Laz 08-28-2006 10:03 AM

thought i saw on the t.v. the other day that Eric Hicks is schedule to make 4.4 million this year?

WTFBBQ :eek:

he should be cut in the 1st round.

we can find somebody ....... anybody ... to do twice as much for half the price.

jspchief 08-28-2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
thought i saw on the t.v. the other day that Eric Hicks is schedule to make 4.4 million this year?

WTFBBQ :eek:

he should be cut in the 1st round.

we can find somebody ....... anybody ... to do twice as much for half the price.

His base is 2.1 mil, and iirc his signing bonus cap number is around 800k per year.

Are you sure they didn't say his cap number would be 4.4 if cut? That would be pretty close I think.

stumppy 08-28-2006 10:10 AM

ROFL
I was thinking the same damn thing.
Pretty funny how many of us were.

Mr. Laz 08-28-2006 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
His base is 2.1 mil, and iirc his signing bonus cap number is around 800k per year.

Are you sure they didn't say his cap number would be 4.4 if cut? That would be pretty close I think.

i'm not sure at all ...... but they had the top salary players listed on the screen. Trent Green, Will Shields ... etc

Eric Hicks was like 6th at 4.4 million :shrug: