ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Need advice on cutting cable cost. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271843)

007 02-13-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10432598)
Finally got my Ouya. Stock XBMC from the store installed(I know this should probably change). Installed some add ons, lots of fails. Need to figure this pay out a bit better.

On the plus side, installed NES, SNES, and SEGA emulators. Suggestions welcome, but think I got the bulk of what I like. Never owned SNES our SEGA, so not sure there. Simpson's: Bart's Nightmare is going to get the duck played out of it. Underrated.

I was going to load all that up on the gbox but found out it didn't have bluetooth so I couldn't hoook my PS3 controller to it. At some point I'll get a bluetooth usb device but until then, watching TV has been great.

ragedogg69 02-14-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10432040)
Yeah, looks like prices did go up. Bummer.

FYI.. it's cheaper the longer term you buy. And you get a 10% discount using Bitcoin.

Still easily worth it for me.

It was also cheaper to buy long term on megaupload. Glad I didnt do that.

Fish 02-14-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10433307)
It was also cheaper to buy long term on megaupload. Glad I didnt do that.

Furk is private. There's a huge difference.

Skyy God 02-18-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Finally got my Ouya. Stock XBMC from the store installed(I know this should probably change). Installed some add ons, lots of fails. Need to figure this pay out a bit better.

On the plus side, installed NES, SNES, and SEGA emulators. Suggestions welcome, but think I got the bulk of what I like. Never owned SNES our SEGA, so not sure there. Simpson's: Bart's Nightmare is going to get the duck played out of it. Underrated.

Any luck installing Google Play? I'm stuck at being unable to enable it in Xposed.

aturnis 02-18-2014 06:00 PM

Aren't even tried that yet. Haven't gotten a chance to research or fine tune anything really.

Installed SuperRepo, half the plugins seem to be broken. Really only used 1Channel and Icefilms so far. Crackle is broke from my repository, and am contemplating Furk.

Do need to get Google Play though, as I'm sure it's the best way to get Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Go going.

Kyle DeLexus 03-25-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

How are you enjoying the Ouya? It was today's bonus deal of the day on amazon. $70 and you get $25 ouya credit for games. I've had the gbox in my cart for a month now and just couldn't pull the trigger since I've been using XBMC on my laptop. Figured I'd pull the trigger on the Ouya now so browse the web and watch XBMC at the same thing.

aturnis 03-25-2014 09:27 PM

Love it. Haven't had any trouble yet. Been busy lately, hope to find time to customize it a bit more soon.

htismaqe 03-26-2014 08:37 AM

We cancelled Dish before we left for vacation. We've been doing Amazon Instant Video for the past few days and don't really feel like we're missing anything...

HoneyBadger 04-23-2014 08:30 PM

I'm planning on cancelling DTV. I called but I'm under contract for another year and a half. They want to charge me $340 to break the contract.

Does anyone know how to get out of these contracts without paying a cancellation fee?

aturnis 04-24-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 10581670)
I'm planning on cancelling DTV. I called but I'm under contract for another year and a half. They want to charge me $340 to break the contract.

Does anyone know how to get out of these contracts without paying a cancellation fee?

Yeah right.

Beef Supreme 04-24-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Yeah, you just cancel the contract and don't pay the $340 cancelation fee. Then ignore them for the next 5 years when they keep sending you bills.

Fish 04-24-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Would it make much sense for the company to have a cancellation fee if it were easy to get out of it?

HoneyBadger 04-24-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10582381)
Would it make much sense for the company to have a cancellation fee if it were easy to get out of it?

I know people have got out of it. I just need to figure out how

The Franchise 04-24-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 10582723)

A year and a half left? Not happening.

Fish 04-24-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 10582723)

Obviously not or you would be asking those people.

Outside of very very specific circumstances, you're not getting out of it. You signed the contract that specified this in legal terms. They pay a stable of lawyers to write and enforce these things. They will persist and get that money. Google your question and read some responses...