ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sandbox football is gearing up - room for new owners. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272980)

Hammock Parties 05-14-2013 10:55 AM

Just to make sure: we're using 2012 results to calculate this season's results right?

cdcox 05-14-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9680860)
Cool will do...also can everything be accessed via mobile? I assumed yes but just wanted to make sure.

You'll have to try it and see since mobile devices are so variable. I can do most things on my phone but scrolling windows isn't functional. Using the seach box can help access rows outside of the view screen. I don't see how some of you do all your web access through mobile. It feels like your brain is in a shoebox.

cdcox 05-14-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9681480)
Just to make sure: we're using 2012 results to calculate this season's results right?

Yes but 2013 is just around the corner. We'll do our 2013 rookie draft no later than August. If you think a good player might come back from injury in 2013 it might be worth keeping him on the roster to maintain your rights to him.

Rain Man 05-14-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9680869)
Registered under Jerm411...

I have a nice team for you, the Fort Wayne Dukes from League 1. They won their division last year even though their quarterback was too short to be a first rounder.

cdcox 05-14-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9681634)
I have a nice team for you, the Fort Wayne Dukes from League 1. They won their division last year even though their quarterback was too short to be a first rounder.

Done.

mrroandrro 05-16-2013 04:11 AM

Anyone looking for a Defense End, I have Sammie Lee Hill who started 15 games last year. I need a dIme cornerback and could use all the linebacker help I can get. Don't mind swapping or trading some draft positions either.

dj56dt58 05-17-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9681413)
If there is a position change, one of three things will happen.

1. It'll update automatically when cdcox uploads the most recent data.

2. If it doesn't, you can petition for a change. In a case where it's obvious, we'll make the change across all leagues at once. (Wait - I've got Okung in League 2 and he's shown as an LT. Are you talking about someone else?)

3. If you need to move a player out of his natural position, you can do so. There's a performance degradation that depends on the nature of the move. If you move a RG to LG, for example, the degradation is very mild. If you move a NT to FS, the degradation is quite large. You'll find that you need to do this during the season occasionally if injuries hit a position hard.

I cut a few players myself, but have been careful about it. If a player still has a chance of getting signed to a roster, it probably makes sense to keep him as long as possible if you're otherwise just emptying a roster spot. I had a couple of guys who didn't latch onto a team in 2012, but they're still young enough that they might get back into the league this year. If not, I'll cut them when I need to.

Yep. After we do the rookie draft we'll have a free agent signing period where you pursue players who are not currently on teams. Since we had a delay, there are a few gems out there (Victor Cruz, anyone?) cdcox is working to get our permanent free agency system up and running, but if that doesn't work right now we'll do a draft.

Im not trying a position change, he isnt listed for a position at all..im basically trying to look at my depth chart to help determine my draft but for instance my left tackle isnt listed so I go to change it to Okung and he isnt there, nor is he under RT or any other position

Rain Man 05-17-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 9688633)
Im not trying a position change, he isnt listed for a position at all..im basically trying to look at my depth chart to help determine my draft but for instance my left tackle isnt listed so I go to change it to Okung and he isnt there, nor is he under RT or any other position

Hmm. Weird. If he's on your roster he should show up. It could be some glitch because I think he changed positions. If he's on your roster you'll have him, but after the flurry of the draft pm cdcox and he can look at it from the inside.

dj56dt58 05-18-2013 09:19 PM

Ok thanks

Hammock Parties 05-18-2013 09:37 PM

Just to make sure it's noticed, I'm petitioning for two position changes:

Michael Huff to CB and Ronde Barber to FS. They both played at those positions last season.

cdcox 05-18-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 9688633)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9688641)
Hmm. Weird. If he's on your roster he should show up. It could be some glitch because I think he changed positions. If he's on your roster you'll have him, but after the flurry of the draft pm cdcox and he can look at it from the inside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 9691296)
Ok thanks

Don't mess with any of the screens under the Game Planning tab. All of that info is from last season and will be cleared out and reset after the player acquisition phase is over. I probably need to deactivate certain tabs during certain times of the year.

Hammock Parties 05-20-2013 07:11 AM

DRAFT STARTS IN 3 HOURS!!!

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-20-2013 09:08 AM

Anyone need a Cornerback or Runningback?