ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sandbox football is gearing up - room for new owners. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272980)

cdcox 05-12-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9676897)
are there quantifications for speed/blocking/etc? in other words, chris johnson is pretty fast--he'd likely be a 97/100 but he's not a great pass or run blocker (so, what, 12/100?)

for QBs, peyton manning NOW would be like a 95/100 accuracy but maybe only an 85/100 (if I'm being generous). I'd assume something like this is used in an algorithm to actually simulate the games--having the numbers would be of assistance, especially the 'injury' stats (in other words, the 'madden' ratings)

We do simulations after the real NFL season and based on player performance during that season. As soon as we finish with the rookie draft and 2012 free agency, we'll simulate the 2012 season. If a player is injured in week 6 in the NFL, he's injured in week 6 in Sandbox. There are no player attribute ratings like in Madden, rather I use elaborate statistical analysis of the NFL season, including analysis of play-by-play data, to provide the underlying data that drives the simulation engine. Every player on the field contributes to the success or failure of a given play. So just focus on which players you think are the best and build your team accordingly.

cdcox 05-12-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9676903)
Sure, as long as I can access the site without too much difficulty.

Let me look into this a little today to see if there are easy things to do to make it more mobile friendly.

Rausch 05-12-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9676905)
Let me look into this a little today to see if there are easy things to do to make it more mobile friendly.

HIS ****ING AVATAR IS GAWD-DAMNED NIKOLA TESLA!

HE DOESN'T NEED YOUR $#ITTY WIRELESS TAPPING TO TALK CONNECTIONS!:cuss:

cdcox 05-12-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9676903)
Sure, as long as I can access the site without too much difficulty.

I just logged on with my iPhone. Menu navigation isn't an issue for me. If I click on a menu item, the dropdown opens fine and stays down until I click the category I want. Are you having a problem with menu navigation?

One thing that doesn't work on my iPhone is drag and drop draft board sorting. But if you made your pick manually, or only kept a few players on your draftboard, it should be workable.

I could post the links, but there are like 20 of them that you'll need over the course of a season.

mrroandrro 05-12-2013 12:39 PM

Just finished the registration process and stopped before naming my team. I guess I just need to be assigned my team.

cdcox 05-12-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrroandrro (Post 9677052)
Just finished the registration process and stopped before naming my team. I guess I just need to be assigned my team.

Rain Man will do that this evening or tomorrow and I'll get you set up.

EagleRob 05-12-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9676829)
Those who want to play need to:

1. Post in this thread
2. Register on http://sandboxsimulations.com using the access code: 6Lanier3
3. Follow the registration procedure until you get to the screen where you select your team name. STOP HERE WITHOUT PICKING A TEAM NAME.
4. Once Rain Man assigns you a team, and you have completed through step 3, PM me or post in this thread and I will connect the existing team with your user account.

All registered. Ready for a team.

Rausch 05-12-2013 12:49 PM

So how many teams do you need?

cdcox 05-12-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9677065)
All registered. Ready for a team.

You're all set with the Lexington Akitas. Good luck!

cdcox 05-12-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9677070)
So how many teams do you need?

Some of that depends on how many of the folks from last year make it back this year. Some of those owners have been slow to respond, but may still show up. My sense is that we can still handle a few more first timers.

Rain Man will have a better handle on that within a day or so.

Rausch 05-12-2013 12:54 PM

Damn........running out of names....

bevischief 05-12-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9677085)
Damn........running out of names....

You haven't had enough to drink yet.

MagicHef 05-12-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9676989)
I just logged on with my iPhone. Menu navigation isn't an issue for me. If I click on a menu item, the dropdown opens fine and stays down until I click the category I want. Are you having a problem with menu navigation?

One thing that doesn't work on my iPhone is drag and drop draft board sorting. But if you made your pick manually, or only kept a few players on your draftboard, it should be workable.

I could post the links, but there are like 20 of them that you'll need over the course of a season.

Yes, the menus open and then shut immediately. I was doing it in Chrome, but I just tried it with my phone's native browser, and the menus stay open for about half a second. If I'm quick, I can make it work that way.

trndobrd 05-12-2013 02:17 PM

I am interested in a team.

Is it possible to move a team? I didn't see Los Angeles on the franchise list and everyone knows LA is a great sports town.

mrroandrro 05-12-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9677057)
Rain Man will do that this evening or tomorrow and I'll get you set up.

Sounds good