ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Sagarin NFL Ratings: Chiefs #8 (#32 SOS) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277317)

Prison Bitch 10-11-2013 11:06 AM

Sagarin NFL Ratings: Chiefs #8 (#32 SOS)

Anyone disagree? In the rating we have the worst schedule in the NFL so far, with Denver only 1 slot better. After this week when they've played Jax it might change, but we are playing the 2-3 Raiders so it might still be close.

http://sagarin.com/sports/nflsend.htm

On point differential however, we have an expected W/L record of 4.3-0.7 whereas Denver is only 3.8-1.2. However, the simple rating system (Pro Football Reference) has them at a whopping 15.4 vs us at 8.9 based on our low SOS. We're behind the same Sagarin teams like Seattle, Indy, NE, etc:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/kan/2013.htm

I'm having trouble finding any computer ranking that puts us in the Top 5. This computer ranking system was the worst at 16th overall which seems stupid but at least he's predicting a 6.03 point win vs Oakland Sunday:
http://talismanred.com/ratings/nfl.shtml

FringeNC 10-11-2013 11:15 AM

At the start of the season, some info from last year is incorporated into the ranking, and at some point drops out.

lcarus 10-11-2013 11:23 AM

Its such a bad schedule due to how terrible the NFC EAst is, and thats partly due to how the AFC West has improved as a whole by a lot and destroyed the NFC EAst. Plus Jacksonville..

Pasta Little Brioni 10-11-2013 11:24 AM

Computer Rankings!!!

RealSNR 10-11-2013 12:03 PM

This doesn't go against the assertion that the Chiefs have played mostly a docket of shitty teams thus far, but somebody should do the math of the SOS of undefeated teams in the NFL. Say, for 5-0 teams historically. As a 5-0 team, that means you've dealt a loss to each team on your schedule. Naturally, that will lower the overall record of your opponents. Because you've been handing them losses.

Also, three of the under .500 teams the Chiefs have faced (Cowboys, Eagles, Giants) have also played the Broncos, another 5-0 team. There's another 3 losses. Those three teams, sure, are kinda poopy and smelly, but it doesn't help a poopy and smelly team to have had to face TWO perfect teams through the first 5 weeks of the season.

I'm willing to bet that a good portion of 5-0 teams in NFL history had low strengths of schedule. That's kinda how it works out, mathematically.

Direckshun 10-11-2013 12:05 PM

I'll say this,

You look at the talent on this team, and you look at the first nine games of the year.

Every single one of us would say "the Chiefs SHOULD have a good chance to win all of those games, but I bet they end up 8-1 or 7-2."

If we go into the bye 9-0, I'd say we did our job exactly as it needed to be done.

We're not pretending to be anything other than we are. And we are going to bring every ounce of everything we can against the Broncos.

Direckshun 10-11-2013 12:06 PM

It bears mentioning that the Cowboys and Eagles are 2-1 against non-Chiefs/Broncos teams.

The Giants are 0-4. The Jags are also 0fers.

The Titans are 3-1 against non-Chiefs teams.

My contention is that we've beaten three real good teams, and two shitrockets.

Shitrockets that we've beaten by at least three touchdowns each, by the way. This team is for real.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-11-2013 12:08 PM

We lose one of those games before the bye and this place melts down lol

Direckshun 10-11-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10072990)

We're due for a letdown game eventually. The question is can we right the ship in-game fast enough to fix it.

My guess is our letdown game is Cleveland. Not necessarily a loss, but Cleveland is sneaking up on everybody this year.

Pretty sure this team will be on its game for Oakland, Houston, and Buffalo.

RealSNR 10-11-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10072994)
We're due for a letdown game eventually. The question is can we right the ship in-game fast enough to fix it.

My guess is our letdown game is Cleveland. Not necessarily a loss, but Cleveland is sneaking up on everybody this year.

Cleveland's defense is sneaky good. Ray Horton is the guy everybody wanted as coordinator here, and I think The Bad Guy's source even said Horton was Andy's #1 choice for the job. We'd be running the same thing we're doing right now with Bob Newhart if we had Horton, so needless to say, that defense can murder people like ours does. I could see us struggling big time on offense, and if we don't rack up turnovers, we'll be in for a tough game.

It's a good thing that Brandon Weeden is a shithead.

DMAC 10-11-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10072994)

Yeah...pick that game for our letdown game.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-11-2013 12:52 PM

Losing to the Browns would be embarrasing. I still say Houston concerns me most. They are out gaining their opponents by like over 100 yards a game I heard.

PH31LJ27JC25 10-11-2013 01:14 PM

beating the Cowboys and Eagles are two impressive victories. Tennessee wasn't a layup.

Coach 10-11-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10073093)
Losing to the Browns would be embarrasing. I still say Houston concerns me most. They are out gaining their opponents by like over 100 yards a game I heard.

All pointless when their QB is throwing INT's all over the place.

ROYC75 10-11-2013 01:56 PM

Also before the season started, almost everybody expected Dallas,Philly & NY Giants to be good, not so much Tenn., so these teams have all plummeted and switched places.

As the season goes forward, Dallas will be well above 500, as will Tenn, one could say Philly is a possibility.

The Giants are just toast as well as the Jags.

How good is RG3 & Wash going to be when we face them on the road ? Or Bufffalo, Cleveland is better than first thought too, so our low SOS will climb up.

BullJunkandIron 10-11-2013 02:02 PM

Wouldn't the Chiefs be up for Cleveland after the steamer they put on our chest last year?

ThaVirus 10-11-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10072975)
This doesn't go against the assertion that the Chiefs have played mostly a docket of shitty teams thus far, but somebody should do the math of the SOS of undefeated teams in the NFL. Say, for 5-0 teams historically. As a 5-0 team, that means you've dealt a loss to each team on your schedule. Naturally, that will lower the overall record of your opponents. Because you've been handing them losses.

Also, three of the under .500 teams the Chiefs have faced (Cowboys, Eagles, Giants) have also played the Broncos, another 5-0 team. There's another 3 losses.
Those three teams, sure, are kinda poopy and smelly, but it doesn't help a poopy and smelly team to have had to face TWO perfect teams through the first 5 weeks of the season.

I'm willing to bet that a good portion of 5-0 teams in NFL history had low strengths of schedule. That's kinda how it works out, mathematically.

I was thinking about this the other day, specifically the bolded part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10072985)
It bears mentioning that the Cowboys and Eagles are 2-1 against non-Chiefs/Broncos teams.

Shitrockets that we've beaten by at least three touchdowns each, by the way. This team is for real.

This idea also has merit..

Until you remember that the Eagles and Cowboys both have wins over the shitrocket Giants. The Boys only other win this season came against a slightly less shitty shitrocket in the Rams and the Eagles only other win came against the shitstain Redskins.

You can only play your schedule though. Before the season, everyone thought we were going to be facing a murderer's row so **** 'em now.

Prison Bitch 10-11-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Also, three of the under .500 teams the Chiefs have faced (Cowboys, Eagles, Giants) have also played the Broncos, another 5-0 team. There's another 3 losses. Those three teams, sure, are kinda poopy and smelly, but it doesn't help a poopy and smelly team to have had to face TWO perfect teams through the first 5 weeks of the season.

+1. Great post.

BWillie 10-11-2013 05:29 PM

Playing Jacksonville will certainly hurt your SOS but I really think Dallas and Tenn are pretty good. Certainly the Giants are underachieving, they will probably go 4-12 but they are as good as an 8-8 team. Philly should end up about 8-8 as well.

What I'm happy about is our UPCOMING schedule. There's no reason this team shouldn't win 3 of 4. Three straight home games coming up against Oakland, I mean it's Oakland. An overachieving Cleveland team, and then vs Matt "I throw at least 1 pick six a game" Schaub. I can't imagine Schaub having to face this defense, it should be pretty entertaining. Then @ a mediocre Buffalo team.

How epic would it be for the 9-0 Chiefs going against a 9-0 Dungver game? It would be the talk of the land. Alot to ask, but the defense is playing so well it's possible.

Stumplifter 10-11-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10072846)
Its such a bad schedule due to how terrible the NFC EAst is, and thats partly due to how the AFC West has improved as a whole by a lot and destroyed the NFC EAst. Plus Jacksonville..

This

Prison Bitch 10-11-2013 07:43 PM

I'd disagree strongly the giants are an 8-8 quality team. First team ever I heard to start with 6 straight losses all with 25 or more allowed and 3 or more turnovers per. That's a bad team

Bob Dole 10-11-2013 07:57 PM

As Bob Dole pointed out earlier in the week, 20% of our opponent's losses are to us.

SOS after 5 games should not be weighted much in any analysis.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-11-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10073093)

That's the one I'd pick.

Prison Bitch 10-11-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 10074089)
As Bob Dole pointed out earlier in the week, 20% of our opponent's losses are to us.

SOS after 5 games should not be weighted much in any analysis.

It's not preventing the Donkeys from being 1 in Sagarin though

58-4ever 10-12-2013 08:09 AM

Luckily this is not college football, so who gives a **** what a computer thinks.

CoMoChief 10-12-2013 08:19 AM

i think we lose against BUF. our oline will get ass****ed again.

whoman69 10-12-2013 11:07 AM

Its got to be more than just SOS. Atlanta (#17) is 1-4 with their only victory against #30. SOS is #12. Texans have a better record at 2-3 and their SOS is #2 but they're ranked 21st. Jets have a winning record, #13 SOS and they're 25th. :spock::rolleyes::shrug:

mdchiefsfan 10-12-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10072990)

It will be right before the bye so we have to read about it for 2 weeks.

Easy 6 10-12-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10072983)
If we go into the bye 9-0, I'd say we did our job exactly as it needed to be done.

Good Gawd... i'm not even daring to go that far, wont even think about it because its too much to ask.

If we can get to 6-0 i'd be totally thrilled, its almost a mathematical certainty we go to the playoffs after that, barring some supremely spiteful act of God.

Just kill these faders at home and i can deal with the rest, there are certainly going to be some losses in the future but they'll end up being good for the team.

Kinda like the old saying "you learn more from losing than winning", the losses will help keep them angry and sharp.

38yrsfan 10-12-2013 08:27 PM

9-0 isn't squat. If it happens, it happens. Hell, I remember 13-3 vividly and what really mattered is that the Chiefs lost when they should have won. Many "pro" predictors would have the Chiefs at anywhere from 1-4 to 3-2 before the season started, and felt they were generous with that.

This team doesn't seem to be like that at all. They really don't seem to care what anybody thinks beside Reid. They actually try and win the game for a full hour as if their paychecks depended upon it. Lots of work-horse type attitude that really shows in the 4th when philosophy and some guts combine.

IMHO

Prison Bitch 10-15-2013 09:51 AM

Moves up to #6 today. But SOS is still #32, barely, despite Denver playing Jax. (We stay behind Denver because Oakland is now #30 in Sagarin)

Direckshun 10-15-2013 10:21 AM

The records of our opponents so far this year, minus all Chiefs/Broncos games:

Jags: 0-4

Cowboys: 3-1

Eagles: 3-1

Giants: 0-4

Titans: 3-2

Raiders: 2-2

I maintain my opinion from earlier in this thread: We have beaten two shitrockets, one decent team, and three good teams.

FloridaMan88 10-15-2013 11:47 AM

This isn't the BCS, who cares about SOS.

REDHOTGTO 10-15-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10072985)

exactly this ^

Bearcat 10-15-2013 12:25 PM

Well, if you're taking out the Chiefs and Broncos, you should probably look at their wins, too...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10088531)
The records of our opponents so far this year, minus all Chiefs/Broncos games:

Jags: 0-4

Cowboys: 3-1
-- Giants, Redskins, Rams -- 4-13 and the Rams have 3 of those wins

Eagles: 3-1
-- Redskins, Giants, Bucs -- 1-15

Giants: 0-4

Titans: 3-2
-- Steelers, Chargers, Jets -- 7-10

Raiders: 2-2
-- Jaguars, Chargers -- 3-9

I maintain my opinion from earlier in this thread: We have beaten two shitrockets, one decent team, and three good teams.

Conclusion: What a crapfest. Kind of the problem with comparing schedules though... there are so many shitty-mediocre teams, there just aren't many tests in the regular season. Unfortunately, the previous big tests haven't really proven themselves to be contenders, but fortunately they'll have at least a couple of huge tests along with maybe 2-3 others.

Coach 10-15-2013 12:38 PM

I have to say, the Giants does not look like a 0-4 team. They are just snake bitten so hard, it's silly.

Hoover 10-15-2013 12:58 PM

I hate the SOS argument. I mean there are two 6-0 teams in our division basically playing the same teams.

Prison Bitch 10-15-2013 01:39 PM

The SOS is important because it explains why we're only #6 overall despite having the record we have. It won't improve either with our next two dog opponents. I think our fans who are still a bit conflicted on how good we really are have a fair point to make.

OnTheWarpath15 10-15-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10088983)
The SOS is important because it explains why we're only #6 overall despite having the record we have. It won't improve either with our next two dog opponents. I think our fans who are still a bit conflicted on how good we really are have a fair point to make.

Yep.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...eat-to-broncos

Quote:

Take a look at whom the Chiefs have beaten and you reflexively temper the long-term expectations. The Jaguars, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Titans and Raiders are a combined 11-25. Yes, we know, six of those 25 losses were at the hands of the Chiefs. Discounting those Kansas City wins, the collective record is 11-19 and the winning percentage rises from .306 to .367. That's still awful.

Coach 10-15-2013 01:53 PM

On the other hand, it's not like the Chiefs randomly selected the Jaguars. Regardless of the SOS or not, the bad teams like Jacksonville and I guess I'll throw in the Giants because of their record, they dominated those teams, although the Giant game took a little while to get it going.

Still, KC is beating the bad teams they should be beating, and beating average teams. I should also point out that beating teams on the road is no easy task, and KC is 3-0 in that regard.

OnTheWarpath15 10-15-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 10089031)
On the other hand, it's not like the Chiefs randomly selected the Jaguars. Regardless of the SOS or not, the bad teams like Jacksonville and I guess I'll throw in the Giants because of their record, they dominated those teams, although the Giant game took a little while to get it going.

Still, KC is beating the bad teams they should be beating, and beating average teams. I should also point out that beating teams on the road is no easy task, and KC is 3-0 in that regard.

No doubt. You can only play who you're scheduled to play.

But on the flip side of that, surely you can understand why the national media, and even fans of the team aren't exactly sure how good they are just yet.

They've let two bad teams hang around until the 4th quarter, and almost let a backup QB beat them.

And speaking of backup QB's, this is shaping up to look a lot like 2010, when we kept facing backup QB's. Looks like we're going to get a backup 5 weeks in a row. Yes, we're taking advantage of it, but it doesn't give a clear picture of what to expect when we actually play a team with a real offense.

Frazod 10-15-2013 02:05 PM

Funny how Denver's opponents have an equally shitty record, yet nobody seems to hold that against them.

I guess even Sagarin's computer is set to ballwash Manning. :shake:

Imon Yourside 10-15-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10089073)
Funny how Denver's opponents have an equally shitty record, yet nobody seems to hold that against them.

LMAO ya

Prison Bitch 10-15-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10089052)
And speaking of backup QB's, this is shaping up to look a lot like 2010, when we kept facing backup QB's. Looks like we're going to get a backup 5 weeks in a row. Yes, we're taking advantage of it, but it doesn't give a clear picture of what to expect when we actually play a team with a real offense.

Please don't say that. Even though I'm afraid you might be right.

OnTheWarpath15 10-15-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

If we were scoring 45 points a game, I don't think anyone would have doubts about us either.

Coach 10-15-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10089052)
No doubt. You can only play who you're scheduled to play.

But on the flip side of that, surely you can understand why the national media, and even fans of the team aren't exactly sure how good they are just yet.

They've let two bad teams hang around until the 4th quarter, and almost let a backup QB beat them.

Valid points on the back-up QB's argument, and I can see that point. The other side of the argument between 2010 and 2013 was that the 2010 defense was nowhere near good compared to 2013. Surely we can agree that 2013 defense is worlds better than 2010?

It's also not KC fault that the other team has to play with back-up QB, as that's just the way it goes in the NFL these days, either by injury or ineffectiveness. Last year, our back-up QB (as well as the starter) was terrible, and 14 teams benefited from it.

Gabbert/Henne (Henne only played a small fraction in the 4th quarter)
Romo.
Vick.
E. Manning.
Fitzgerald.
Pryor.

Out of the 6 teams we played, only Fitzgerald was the only back-up QB, and he was a starter in Buffalo, so it's not like he is Brady Quinn by any means.

OnTheWarpath15 10-15-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10089082)
Please don't say that. Even though I'm afraid you might be right.

Right or wrong, it's part of the reason why there are a lot of doubters in the national media.

Prison Bitch 10-15-2013 02:26 PM

That Talisman link in the first post looks really strange by the numbers, and he has KC barely winning over Houston this week. I'd be pretty surprised if we lost that game. But if we do the doubters will be on fire.

Rain Man 10-15-2013 02:33 PM

The 1972 Dolphins guys on TV each seem to have little concern about their strength of schedule during that season.

Bearcat 10-15-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

It's kind of explained in the link.... the Broncos have played one more top 10 team than the Chiefs and even though their SoS is about the same, the difference of 3 points comes from the margin of victory.

Sagarin rating:
Broncos: 28.62
Chiefs: 25.3
Difference: 3.32

Average margin of victory:
Broncos: 17.83
Chiefs: 14.5
Difference: 3.33

Quote:

ELO_SCORE applies ELO principles to the actual SCORES of the games and so it is now SCORE BASED
and thus should be a good match for the PURE POINTS in terms of predictive accuracy for upcoming games.
PURE POINTS is also known as PREDICTOR, BALLANTINE, RHEINGOLD, WHITE OWL and is also a very good PREDICTOR
of future games.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The overall RATING is a synthesis of the two somewhat different SCORE BASED methods,
ELO_SCORE and PURE POINTS (PREDICTOR), and thus should be a good predictor in its own right.
NFL ratings will be updated after games of Sunday and again after the Monday night game.

Buck 10-15-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10088983)

SOS isnt important
Sagarin ratings aren't important
Paper Champions are not crowned

The Chiefs and Broncos is are the best teams in the league. That's all that is important.

Prison Bitch 10-15-2013 05:23 PM

I don't see any way to prove we are better than, say, Seattle.

Buck 10-15-2013 05:52 PM

Eye test.

Prison Bitch 10-21-2013 10:48 AM

Dropped from 6th to 9th after yesterdays win.

Ebolapox 10-21-2013 10:51 AM

ROFL

sagarin is ****ing worthless.

Chiefspants 10-21-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10110354)
Dropped from 6th to 9th after yesterdays win.

LMAO

Skyy God 10-21-2013 10:54 AM

But what's our BCS ranking?

ChiTown 10-21-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 10110367)
ROFL

sagarin is ****ing worthless for NFL.

fify

Prison Bitch 10-21-2013 11:03 AM

I don't know, according to his rankings we have played 1 game vs his top-16. Everyone in front of us has played 3, including the Colts who have played a whopping 5. Until we start beating teams with a pulse, we're not going to do well in his rating. Nor should we.

RINGLEADER 10-21-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10110430)
I don't know, according to his rankings we have played 1 game vs his top-16. Everyone in front of us has played 3, including the Colts who have played a whopping 5. Until we start beating teams with a pulse, we're not going to do well in his rating. Nor should we.

I think most power rankings factor in the present week more than previous weeks while this seems to factor in everything equally. I'm okay with this.

Peter King has us at number 1 which is fine too.

Prison Bitch 10-21-2013 11:15 AM

I mean, the Colts won at SF, beat Seattle, beat Denver, played at SD. We haven't played anything close to that difficult a schedule. Even Miami at home isn't a bad team.

Frazod 10-21-2013 11:18 AM

Crazy. Its apparently better to lose to a good team than beat a bad one.

I guess we won't win the Sagarin Lombardi this year. LMAO

FringeNC 10-21-2013 11:20 AM

Sagarin Pure Points match up well with NFL lines. Despite our "ranking", we'd be a favorite over any team in the NFL at home according to his Pure Point (only one that matters) rating. Seems okay to me.

LoneWolf 10-21-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10110430)

Why does anyone give a shit what some geeks computer rankings say? This isn't the NCAA where the championship game is decided by rankings. Beat whatever team is put in front of you and go on to the next week.

Shit like this makes me want to go out in the street and punch the next mother****er I see with a pocket protector and glasses right in the ****ing face.

Gravedigger 10-21-2013 11:24 AM

I don't know. You can't just look at our schedule and say it's weak. I mean Dallas went up to the wire against Peyton and would've probably won the game had Romo not thrown the pick. The Texans were the first ranked defense, and the Titans on the road are no joke either with their Defense. I would at least put us top 5.

Prison Bitch 10-21-2013 11:26 AM

I think the data shows quite conclusively our schedule is weak. Maybe I'm just being overly cautious about our team after decades of being let down. If we split with Denver and SD I'll be a true believer.

Baby Lee 10-21-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10110495)
Why does anyone give a shit what some geeks computer rankings say? This isn't the NCAA where the championship game is decided by rankings. Beat whatever team is put in front of you and go on to the next week.

Shit like this makes me want to go out in the street and punch the next mother****er I see with a pocket protector and glasses right in the ****ing face.

Even if its a girl?

Prison Bitch 10-21-2013 12:14 PM

According to the Simple Rating System, our team total is only 7.5. That is comprised of 8.2 for defense, and -0.7 for offense.

Denver is 11.6. 19.5 offense and -7.6 defense. Colts are 10.0. 3.8 offense and 6.2 defense.

raybec 4 10-21-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10110518)
Even if its a girl?

If she's a Pats fan, hell yes

LoneWolf 10-21-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10110518)
Even if its a girl?

Only if she is wearing a gimp costume. Then that bitch would definitely deserve it.

Jerm 10-21-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10110656)
According to the Simple Rating System, our team total is only 7.5. That is comprised of 8.2 for defense, and -0.7 for offense.

Denver is 11.6. 19.5 offense and -7.6 defense. Colts are 10.0. 3.8 offense and 6.2 defense.

Cancel the rest of the season now.....

Pasta Little Brioni 10-21-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10110656)

Not a **** is given

Prison Bitch 10-21-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 10110490)
Sagarin Pure Points match up well with NFL lines. Despite our "ranking", we'd be a favorite over any team in the NFL at home according to his Pure Point (only one that matters) rating. Seems okay to me.

It does, which is why it's still odd to me the spread was only 6.5 when Houston is 10 behind us in that metric. Granted the Fasano goal line review would've made it an 8 point game.

Prison Bitch 10-28-2013 05:19 PM

Fell another slot to #10. Replaced by Cinci who moved up to 8. We still have the worst schedule obviously, and a team between the Rams and Vikings (quality wise) would be expected to be .500 in his rating.

We have still only played one top-16 team, Dallas who is 7th.

loochy 10-28-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10135396)
Fell another slot to #10. Replaced by Cinci who moved up to 8. We still have the worst schedule obviously, and a team between the Rams and Vikings (quality wise) would be expected to be .500 in his rating.

Dallas? Wtf? We beat Dallas....

LoneWolf 10-28-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10135396)

Dallas at #7? They have lost to every good/average team they have played. Three of their four wins have come against the shitty NFC least and their other win was against the Rams. Sagarin can take his rankings and shove them up his leaking asshole and you should be shot in the face for posting them here.

Prison Bitch 10-28-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10135529)
Dallas? Wtf? We beat Dallas....

Yeah by 1. At home.

BWillie 10-28-2013 06:25 PM

Amazing how the NFC East has started to win now that they don't have to get annihilated by the AFC West every week...maybe that has something to do with SOS. Hmmm

Prison Bitch 10-28-2013 06:33 PM

Dallas didn't get annihilated by anyone in te afc west .... they had 3 nailbiter losses and two of them were in the road. If they were in our division, they'd be a serious contender.

TripleThreat 10-28-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Preach