ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Yo, any of youallever (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=157731)

CHENZ A! 02-02-2007 02:01 AM

Yo, any of youallever

file your taxes online? I did, and they said it'd be 24- 48 hrs before the IRS would say if they accepted it or not, and it's been 48 with no word. The only reason I did it online is for my flow coming quicker. So, anyone efile? and if so what did you use?

SPchief 02-02-2007 02:02 AM

48 hours. No way. They might recieve it in 48 hours, but you probably won't get your return for atleast a week.

Buck 02-02-2007 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief
48 hours. No way. They might recieve it in 48 hours, but you probably won't get your return for atleast a week.

Thats not what he asked, and to answer your question, no I haven't.

Bugeater 02-02-2007 02:03 AM

Yo, no.

el borracho 02-02-2007 02:03 AM

I have filed electronically but it was through an actual tax guy. Are you sure you did it right?

luv 02-02-2007 02:10 AM

I filed through Turbo Tax last year. Got the confirmation in a few days. Don't remember how many for sure. I wouldn't freak out for a couple more days.

CHENZ A! 02-02-2007 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho
I have filed electronically but it was through an actual tax guy. Are you sure you did it right?

Positive that I did it right. I'm no dummy, regardless of what I may seem on here.

Also, I wasn't hoping for my return quite yet, just confirmation that they recieved and approved my shit.

In the past I've just grabbed a pencil, and filled the damn thing out, but this yr I decided to get lazy, and what with the IRS offering "efile" all over the place, I tried it. I used citizentax.com. we'll see what happens, worst case scenario is that I have to sit down and do this bullshit by long form.

SLAG 02-02-2007 02:13 AM

i have filed online for the past 3 years no problems.. no hitches...

CHENZ A! 02-02-2007 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
I filed through Turbo Tax last year. Got the confirmation in a few days. Don't remember how many for sure. I wouldn't freak out for a couple more days.

not worried, just curious.

CHENZ A! 02-02-2007 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG
i have filed online for the past 3 years no problems.. no hitches...

Did you do it yourself? Just wondering, because I've talked to people who say they do it online, but really they have their "people" do it online for them.

SLAG 02-02-2007 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A!
Did you do it yourself? Just wondering, because I've talked to people who say they do it online, but really they have their "people" do it online for them.

did it all my self each time

had direct deposit.. came real fast...

I used HR Block the first time then Intuit the last 2 years..

both very easy and free for some people

Good luck

CHENZ A! 02-02-2007 02:33 AM

thanks SLAG, it was very easy, and it was free for the federal, the state was like $10, but I want my scrilla now, know what I mean?

Chief Nute 02-02-2007 07:57 AM

I filed using e-file on January 23rd, got confirmation that the IRS received the return on the 24th, and I just checked my bank account this morning and I have my refund. PBJ PBJ

This is the first year I have used TurboTax, and I wont EVER use someone like H&R Block or Jackson Hewitt ever again.......these are the biggest rip offs in the universe. All they do is use their own version of TurboTax to enter your information for you, and you get the same end result.

I thought they were actually providing me a service......they are not.

kepp 02-02-2007 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A!
file your taxes online? I did, and they said it'd be 24- 48 hrs before the IRS would say if they accepted it or not, and it's been 48 with no word. The only reason I did it online is for my flow coming quicker. So, anyone efile? and if so what did you use?

Its been 48 hrs and no word from them? Do you have a storm cellar?

I have e-filed the past fews years using TurboTax and I usually get confirmation within 24 hrs and my refund within a week or so. Is there a way for you to check to see if it was filed correctly?

MichaelH 02-02-2007 10:30 AM

I used TAXACT last Saturday, the 27th to do both my Federal and State taxes. The Federal was recieved and accepted the same day and the State was recieved and accepted on the 30th. I will have both refunds directly deposited into my checking account by the 13th of this month. All for only $15.95. Not too shabby!