ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Disney's The Black Hole remake (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231007)

Psyko Tek 07-25-2010 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 6894267)
I loved the original film.

I was also 12 when it came out.

Still, though. I loved the score, the two little trashcan robots (one voiced by Roddy McDowall IIRC and the other with a cowboy accent and all beaten-up), the scary Maximillian, and the (for the era) cutting-edge special effects.

But they need a remake of this like a fish needs a bicycle.

think it was Slim Pickens

yeah did not like this movie
badly conceived and executed star wars "inspired" POS

but if you gotta do a re"imaging" do it of a movie that sucked
not a great or even good one

Bowser 07-25-2010 12:27 PM

Yeah, as a little kid, I loved the movie, but I was so sucked into anything sci-fi thanks to Star Wars at the time, I couldn't have cared less about the quality. It didn't hold up over time, to be sure.

Look at it this way - if they're going to re-make it, there's nowhere to go but up in all phases of the flick.

Deberg_1990 07-25-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6896945)
Sorry Bro, I knew it was horrible in 1979.

:D

Seriously, it sucked ass. As bad as the Star Trek movie was that year (Star Trek: The Motion Picture), TBH was 100x worse.

Maybe 1,000 times worse. Simply laughable. Like Mystery Science Fiction 3000 laughable.

heh, its an odd curiosity for sure. If i remember right, it was Disney first PG rated movie?

If nothing else the production design and special effects (for the time) were wicked cool.

Hammock Parties 07-25-2010 12:41 PM

I think it's a good concept and is the kind of film that SHOULD be remade, so they can get it RIGHT this time.

Deberg_1990 07-25-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6897399)
I think it's a good concept and is the kind of film that SHOULD be remade, so they can get it RIGHT this time.

Thats kind of how this new Tron movie feels. Its technically a sequel, but also is a reboot, reimagining, remake as well.

Baby Lee 07-25-2010 12:58 PM

I only ever saw this first run when I was 8, and all I can remember was weird, then boring. Not a lot of reference at that age, but I recall it being one of the worst movies I'd seen to that point, and we went weekly to the Crest Drive-In, so I had seen movies.

Flashback to being sorely disappointed in 'The Nude Bomb.'

Frosty 07-26-2010 08:59 AM

I haven't seen this movie since I saw it in the theater when it came out but..

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6896713)
I thought this movie was unbelieveably ****ing awful. The effects, the "story line", the acting and the plot (the Black Hole leads to hell? LMAO).

This is what I remember, too.

Fat Elvis 07-26-2010 10:11 AM

They need to cast Stephen Hawking as Dr. Reinhardt.

007 04-06-2013 02:59 AM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...e-lands-433034

Looks like this isn't dead yet.

"Prometheus" co-writer Jon Spaihts has been tapped to write the reinvention, which has "Oblivion" filmmaker Joe Kosinski attached to direct.

Disney’s reinvention of its 1979 sci-fi movie The Black Hole is getting a new engine.

Prometheus co-writer Jon Spaihts has been hired to kickstart the project, which has Joe Kosinski -- the filmmaker behind the upcoming Tom Cruise sci-fi pic Oblivion -- attached to direct.

Justin Springer, who produced Kosinski’s feature debut Tron: Legacy, is producing Black Hole.

Black Hole was the most expensive movie Disney ever made when it was released in 1979 with a cast that included Maximilian Schell, Anthony Perkins, and Ernest Borgnine.

The original followed a group of space explorers aboard the USS Palomino who come across a lost ship, the USS Cygnus, hovering outside a black hole. Inside the Cygnus, the explorers meet a scientist commanding an army of faceless robots, who explains that his crew deserted him as he planned to go through the black hole. The explorers soon discover that the robots are the remnants of the former crew and that the scientist has no intention of letting them leave.

Disney put the remake into development in 2009. Travis Beacham was writing the script at the time, and Kosinski was working on the project while prepping the Tron reboot.

Among the signature pieces of the original movie were a threatening red robot named Maximillian as well as two kindlier robots named V.I.N.CENT and

Bowser 04-06-2013 12:11 PM

Well, at the very least, the SFX should be amazing.

unlurking 04-06-2013 12:27 PM

I loved the original. Was a kid, so I loved the cheesy robot characters. I think I was about 8 when I saw it. Looking forward to a more grown up version. Hope it's good.

007 04-06-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9561427)
I loved the original. Was a kid, so I loved the cheesy robot characters. I think I was about 8 when I saw it. Looking forward to a more grown up version. Hope it's good.

I was so excited to get to see Vincent at Crown Centre the Christmas season after the movie.

Deberg_1990 04-06-2013 07:30 PM

I loved the original, but it hasnt aged well. A reboot of this if done right could be pretty cool.

007 04-06-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9562649)
I loved the original, but it hasnt aged well. A reboot of this if done right could be pretty cool.

at least this time they won't be standing outside the ship without spacesuits. LMAO

Deberg_1990 04-06-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9562669)
at least this time they won't be standing outside the ship without spacesuits. LMAO

hehe......Alot ofthose late 70s/early 80s Disney films were interesting....Its like they couldnt make up their minds if they wanted more adult films or stay family friendly.