ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Married members: Did you seek permission/blessing? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268963)

Jenson71 01-16-2013 10:43 AM

Married members: Did you seek permission/blessing?

Just wondering what the practice/custom is.

ChiTown 01-16-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 9323967)
Just wondering what the practice/custom is.

Stole my bride from her crib. It's worked for me......

loochy 01-16-2013 10:44 AM

I did even though I knew they'd say yes.

It was kind of weird and awkward. I went over to their house without my wife and asked them and then my MIL gave me some cookies.

Strongside 01-16-2013 10:46 AM

My gf and I were high school sweethearts. We were together for 10.5 years before we decided to get engaged. By that point, it was a nonchalant formality.

"Hey, I'm gonna ask Heather to marry me. Is that cool?"

"Are you serious? I thought you guys were married already."

seclark 01-16-2013 10:47 AM

yeah, but it was a little awkward, since she was already knocked up.
her dad was a big old boy:eek:
sec

Buehler445 01-16-2013 10:48 AM

I didn't, but I was told afterward I should have.

Strongside 01-16-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9323979)
sec

Can I marry your daughter?

yes.

Cool. By the way, she's got one in the oven. I'm not sure if it's mine though. You should probably talk to her about it, really. She has a problem. I'm mostly marrying her out of pity.

Dayze 01-16-2013 10:48 AM

I married into a huge / exetended, 100% Italian family. so yeah....I did. lol

I didn't know here dad all that well since her mom re-married so I was skeert chitless.
I had to go down to his liquor store, and he took me into the back. He said absoolutely, shook my hand.

whilst shaking my hand, asked me where I was from and I told him Lenexa; and he said "Oh, yeah. I've heard of that. Well, take care of my daughter, because we do things a little differently than in Lenexa"

lol. He's cool though. Very abrasive, loud; always 'knows a guy' who can get anything. His brother works at a Deli......it's almost too good to make this stuff up. lol

Jenson71 01-16-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9323987)
I didn't, but I was told afterward I should have.

LMAO

Robert D. Ephius 01-16-2013 10:50 AM

Yes, any non-mongoloid type of person would show her father some respect.
Damn, that was already 14 years ago for me.

ChiTown 01-16-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9323979)
sec

ROFL - that had to be a great conversation.

sec: Excuse me, Mr. Buford Pusser, I would like to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage.

Mr. Pusser: Hand, my ass! You've already stolt her 'giner! (Runs for his gun.....)

loochy 01-16-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9323990)

I didn't know here dad all that well since her mom re-married so I was skeert chitless.
I had to go down to his liquor store, and he took me into the back. He said absoolutely, shook my hand.

whilst shaking my hand, asked me where I was from and I told him Lenexa; and he said "Oh, yeah. I've heard of that. Well, take care of my daughter, because we do things a little differently than in Lenexa"

lol. He's cool though. Very abrasive, loud; always 'knows a guy' who can get anything. His brother works at a Deli......it's almost too good to make this stuff up. lol

ROFL Does he wear large collared shirts with too many buttons unbuttoned with bushy black chest hair poofing out? Does he have slicked back black hair? Does he wear brown faded sunglasses?

bevischief 01-16-2013 10:53 AM

We grew up together and this was wish by our parents.

Strongside 01-16-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9323990)

You aren't on 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' are you? If so...please kill your wife and all of her extended family.

ptlyon 01-16-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9323973)
I did even though I knew they'd say yes.

It was kind of weird and awkward. I went over to their house without my wife and asked them and then my MIL gave me some cookies.

What a shitty dowry gift!!! :)