ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ... Traing-camp questions... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184452)

boogblaster 05-07-2008 09:43 PM

... Traing-camp questions...

Thinking about going somewhere this summer with the family.. Training camp was one of my thoughts.. Is there a camp ground there close? Are the motels close affordable? Can a disabled guy get around decent there? What is the cost to watch camp? guess thats about it for now ....

Hammock Parties 05-07-2008 09:45 PM

The motel 6 is your only option for a close bed. Yes, there is a camp ground. Watching camp is free.

One word of warning - they jack up the price on EVERYTHING once Chiefs fans start hitting town. Last year Domino's wanted $14 for a medium one-topping pizza. Highway robbery. And don't eat Mexican in River Falls.

TRR 05-07-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogblaster (Post 4740270)
Thinking about going somewhere this summer with the family.. Training camp was one of my thoughts.. Is there a camp ground there close? Are the motels close affordable? Can a disabled guy get around decent there? What is the cost to watch camp? guess thats about it for now ....

I always stay in Hudson, WI....about 15 minutes from River Falls. My suggestion is the Hudson House Inn in Hudson. They have a pool and spa, free hot breakfast in the morning, and the rooms are decent for the price. Also, there is NOTHING to do in River Falls, but a ton of things to do in Hudson. They have great restaurants, and a very scenic downtown area complete with a boardwalk and a couple of man-made beaches. You will catch Carl Peterson visiting Hudson's downtown area quite a bit when he is in WI.

KcMizzou 05-07-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE (Post 4740279)
The motel 6 is your only option for a close bed. Yes, there is a camp ground. Watching camp is free.

One word of warning - they jack up the price on EVERYTHING once Chiefs fans start hitting town. Last year Domino's wanted $14 for a medium one-topping pizza. Highway robbery. And don't eat Mexican in River Falls.

On that note...

The cheese curds in Tijuana are also a bad idea.

Just sayin'.

CoMoChief 05-07-2008 11:33 PM

Herm is a giant pussy.

blueballs 05-08-2008 01:41 AM

Goatse wipes his penis after peeing

Chiefs=Champions 05-08-2008 05:23 AM

I miss tags...

Sully 05-08-2008 05:36 AM

There are 4 or 5 hotels in River Falls. We always stayed at the Super 8, but there are others. There are also several campgrounds close by. Check the UWRf Website for info like that, it has decent info.
It doesn't cost anything to watch camp, except for practices against the Vikings.

Hudson is a very cool little town, and we've also stayed in that Hudson House Inn. Last time we went, we saw a local band from up there I love in Hudson in a bar, and they were opening for Tommy Tutone (867-5309). Kinda funny.

Also be sure to make a trip to Stillwater while you are there. Great little town across the river and down a bit from Hudson.

rocks 05-08-2008 05:44 AM

We always stay at the Country Inn in River Falls. Nothing fancy but clean and close. Better block off a room now if you thinking of staying there. Also a lot of the players family stay there so you have a chance to see them(players) in the evening. The grounds around the fields are very flat and smooth with parking right at the entrance. Hope you can make it. We always have a great time!

tomahawk kid 05-08-2008 06:14 AM

My dad and I head up every year.

I would echo what's been said about Hudson.

We usually stay at the Hudson house or Holiday Inn Express.

The Express has some nice suite type rooms for the money.

Also - the old downtown of Hudson itself is really scenic as others have mentioned.

Chief Chief 05-08-2008 06:38 AM

There are campgrounds in Wisconsin like there are cheesesteaks in Philly.

Training camp is FREE!!

Delano 05-08-2008 06:48 AM

There are a bunch of campgrounds up and down the Apple River.

When you are not watching football, go get a tube and a cooler of beer and float down the river. You might catch some bare-breasted coeds.

Direckshun 05-08-2008 07:45 AM

AND THE SIGN'S GOTTA SAY "HOT."

bkkcoh 05-08-2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 4740683)
There are a bunch of campgrounds up and down the Apple River.

When you are not watching football, go get a tube and a cooler of beer and float down the river. You might catch some bare-breasted coeds.

Wife or significant other might not appreciate that..... :shake:

ChiefRon 05-08-2008 01:28 PM

Can anyone tell me the dates for Training Camp? I'd like to go this year, but hard to plan for it when I'm not sure of the actual dates...