ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Shawn Alexander this, Shawn Alexander that... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=132663)

007 01-02-2006 12:19 AM

Shawn Alexander this, Shawn Alexander that...

Where was the coverage when Priest did it?:hmmm:

|Zach| 01-02-2006 12:27 AM

Great, another no respect from the media thread.

ChiefsCountry 01-02-2006 12:29 AM

Oh well, Alexander did get booed today at halftime when they showed it at Arrowhead.

Iowanian 01-02-2006 12:39 AM

He was 1 yard short of the rushing title last year....got it AND broke Holmes TD record. He deserves his props.

Priest got PLENTY of air time that year.

shuddap

|Zach| 01-02-2006 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
He was 1 yard short of the rushing title last year....got it AND broke Holmes TD record. He deserves his props.

shuddap

Indeed.

Kabals 01-02-2006 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian

shuddap

I'm sure he means that Alexander is more than worthy of the praise he's getting, but when Holmes had the season he did in 2003, it was secondary for some reason from the main sports media outlets. There was never talk of him being the MVP outside of Kansas City.

The only thing that John Clayton, Chris Berman, et al, wanted to discuss about Kansas City was how putrid the defense was, and listen to Randy Cross talk repeatedly about how Dante Hall gets illegal blocks.

007 01-02-2006 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabals
I'm sure he means that Alexander is more than worthy of the praise he's getting, but when Holmes had the season he did in 2003, it was secondary for some reason from the main sports media outlets. There was never talk of him being the MVP outside of Kansas City.

The only thing that John Clayton, Chris Berman, et al, wanted to discuss about Kansas City was how putrid the defense was, and listen to Randy Cross talk repeatedly about how Dante Hall gets illegal blocks.

Bingo!!!

|Zach| 01-02-2006 12:48 AM

Quote:

Holmes was talked about all the time...

Seriosuly all the time.

Besides that. I would have done the same thing.

I would be talking about the worst defense ever...they were putrid and worth ripping into.

Save your media respect tears for with this team wins a playoff game.

A single playoff game.

007 01-02-2006 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC

Seriosuly all the time.

I would be talking about the worst defense ever...they were putrid and worth ripping into.

A single playoff game.

No tears here. Just sick of hearing about SA.

By the way, everyone bitches about something that someone else thinks is a waste of time. Why waste time bitching about that?

milkman 01-02-2006 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsguru

By the way, everyone bitches about something that someone else thinks is a waste of time. Why waste time bitching about that?

Because nobody cares if we waste YOUR time!

Kabals 01-02-2006 12:58 AM

Quote:

Seriosuly all the time.

A single playoff game.

I'm simply stating that those who vote for the MVP are making more noise for Alexander this year than Holmes in 2003. If I recall, Holmes finished behind Manning and McNair (who split it), Brady, Jamal Lewis, and Ray Lewis.

Just IMHO, Holmes should have received more votes than he did (two I believe).

|Zach| 01-02-2006 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsguru

I didn't say it was a waste of time. I said it was a stupid thing to bitch about.

The Chiefs do not deserve media respect.

Kabals 01-02-2006 01:02 AM

Quote:

I didn't say it was a waste of time. I said it was a stupid thing to bitch about.

The Chiefs do not deserve media respect.

You're reading too much into this and misinterpreting what is being said. No one is saying the Chiefs as a team deserve more media respect. What's being said is that with comparible seasons (Holmes had more yards than Alexander has...rushing and receiving; Alexander cannot catch the ball), Alexander is garnering much more accolades in 2005 than Holmes did in 2003. That's all.

dirk digler 01-02-2006 01:05 AM

Quote:

You're reading too much into this and misinterpreting what is being said. No one is saying the Chiefs as a team deserve more media respect. What's being said is that with comparible seasons (Holmes had more yards than Alexander has...rushing and receiving; Alexander cannot catch the ball), Alexander is garnering much more accolades in 2005 than Holmes did in 2003. That's all.

Yep. If somehow Alexander wins the MVP then there should have been no reason Priest shouldn't have. We were 13-3 that year and considered one of the favorites to go to the SB.

BTW - In 2003 Priest was 9th in rushing at 1420 yds but had 27 TD's.
Maybe if he was 1st then he might have won but who knows. Jamal Lewis had 2066 yds rushing that year which would have been hard to beat.

Munson 01-02-2006 01:10 AM

Priest didn't get much publicity in '03 for his touchdown record because Jamal Lewis rushed for over 2,000 yards that same season. To the media, 2,000 yards sounds sexier than 27 rushing touchdowns.