ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs need to invest in a competant "thunder" to complement "lightning"...... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221025)

Slayer Diablo 01-04-2010 11:28 AM

Thunder? Lower ticket/parking prices.

MoreLemonPledge 01-04-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 6408011)
How about LenDale White with the Titans? I believe is a UFA, though I could be wrong. With FA a potential bust this year being uncapped, I'd prefer to utilize the draft with the obvious holes that we have.

Beat me to it. Why waste a draft pick when he could be signed for a manageable contract, and essentially fill a role that he did a fine job with last year? Remember how bad he tore us up? He's a pretty decent back in his own right, but just happens to be stuck behind one of the greatest.

Sure-Oz 01-04-2010 11:55 AM

Draft the Oregon RB in the later rounds that punched out the boise st lb lol

Sure-Oz 01-04-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 6408063)
Beat me to it. Why waste a draft pick when he could be signed for a manageable contract, and essentially fill a role that he did a fine job with last year? Remember how bad he tore us up? He's a pretty decent back in his own right, but just happens to be stuck behind one of the greatest.

I like that as well but i bet he'd want to be a starter

Micjones 01-04-2010 12:03 PM

We definitely need a sturdier back to help lighten Charles' load.
Free agency or a middle round pick would do the trick.

tyler360 01-04-2010 12:06 PM

I would rather have another Lightning back. As long as a back has good vision and ability to read blocks they can be an effective short yardage back. Priest was always good around the goal line because of this. He was not huge.

Frankie 01-04-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 6406180)
The Chiefs need to find a good "thunder" type of RB to complement Jamaal Charles (lightning). JC is definitely the franchise RB next season. Maybe the offense should be designed around him? But, he can't handle 80+% of the carries. He's too slight of build. Haley needs to invest in a good, big, bruising RB. Charles could take about 65% of the carries, the thunder back could take 25% of the carries and everyone else can account for the other 10%. I think Charles would be more effective by not shouldering the entire load. We want him to last the entire season, not have a great first 10 games and then get worn out or injured.

Thoughts?

I think Castille has shown some running ability. Maybe he could be groomed as your "thunder." Also Smith could be the back up who can take some of the HB handoffs, if he can stay healthy that is.

Micjones 01-04-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler360 (Post 6408114)
I would rather have another Lightning back. As long as a back has good vision and ability to read blocks they can be an effective short yardage back. Priest was always good around the goal line because of this. He was not huge.

I don't disagree, but I think a bigger back could also help with running between the Tackles.

Frankie 01-04-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 6408011)
With FA a potential bust this year being uncapped, I'd prefer to utilize the draft with the obvious holes that we have.

I totally agree with this statement.