ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Kyle Orton visiting Cowboys (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257255)

Earthling 03-13-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 8451163)
LMAO

Wait, because of rerun, I want to clarify I agree with your post....I am sure YOU read into my lmao but just want to make sure......:p:p

:p :thumb:

BossChief 03-13-2012 10:56 PM

If we fill the two line spots with premier guys (won't happen, but Winston and Myers or the guy from gb) I think Orton could win some big games with the talent we have on board.

Our secondary will be vastly improved. We lose a little going from Carr to Routt, but the upgrade from Sabby to Berry is massive. Our run defense should also improve as our young front seven grows into their roles more and more.

The front seven played as well as anyone down the stretch.

This defense is setting up to be a top 7 unit.

Orton does a good job of distributing the ball around and thats what we need because we have talent everywhere we look. He was effective last year WITH NO RUNNING GAME and a swinging door at right tackle.

I'd like to see him get a chance with a full blown running game that we would have with Charles and Tolbert or Hillis...or Richardson. He displayed a very convincing playaction last year again, WITH NO RUNNING GAME.

That play action would be highly effective if Charles or Tolbert are in the backfield instead of Jones or Battle.

I have no doubt that we could win a playoff game or even two, but I don't think he is a guy that can win shootouts for us or put the team on his back when we need it and carry us when we face elite run defenses in the playoffs.

Having a line that good would have to factor into our chances in those games with him...he could have "all day back there".

BossChief 03-13-2012 11:02 PM

Long story short, sign me up for the group that wants "anything but Cassel" for 2012.

We can deal with next year when we get there, but for now I just want to enjoy Chiefs football without #7 embarrassing it.

Orton? Ok
Stanzi? Let's go
Move a 6th for Moore from Miami? No problem

One more snap from Matt Cassel?

**** that.

BIG K 03-13-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8451218)
Long story short, sign me up for the group that wants "anything but Cassel" for 2012.

We can deal with next year when we get there, but for now I just want to enjoy Chiefs football without #7 embarrassing it.

Orton? Ok
Stanzi? Let's go
Move a 6th for Moore from Miami? No problem

One more snap from Matt Cassel?

**** that.

Can we, as a planet, follow my lead on this, just once and referr to incumbant starter as #7 instead of actually saying his name? He does not deserve to be named, only numbered....Thank you.

Fritz88 03-13-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8451214)
If we fill the two line spots with premier guys (won't happen, but Winston and Myers or the guy from gb) I think Orton could win some big games with the talent we have on board.

Our secondary will be vastly improved. We lose a little going from Carr to Routt, but the upgrade from Sabby to Berry is massive. Our run defense should also improve as our young front seven grows into their roles more and more.

Orton does a good job of distributing the ball around and thats what we need because we have talent everywhere we look. He was effective last year WITH NO RUNNING GAME and a swinging door at right tackle.

I'd like to see him get a chance with a full blown running game that we would have with Charles and Tolbert or Hillis...or Richardson. He displayed a very convincing playaction last year again, WITH NO RUNNING GAME.

That play action would be highly effective if Charles or Tolbert are in the backfield instead of Jones or Battle.

I have no doubt that we could win a playoff game or even two, but I don't think he is a guy that can win shootouts for us or put the team on his back when we need it and carry us when we face elite run defenses in the playoffs.

Having a line that good would have to factor into our chances in those games with him...he could have "all day back there".

Forget about Orton. If he is in Dallas then he's signing there; so is Carr.

Reerun_KC 03-13-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthling (Post 8451130)
Orton is exactly like Cassle. Except that he reads defenses better, has a better long ball, more accurate and quicker on the release. Other than that they are both the same.

Well.in #7's defense here. He didn't get cut in favor of Tebow. I can't believe I.just defended #7.

We as a fan base have fallen so far.

BIG K 03-13-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Nice!

BigChiefFan 03-13-2012 11:17 PM

I just don't get the fascination with Orton. 1 TD, 2 picks, 3 games-That's shit awful.

BigMeatballDave 03-13-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 8451228)
Can we, as a planet, follow my lead on this, just once and referr to incumbant starter as #7 instead of actually saying his name? He does not deserve to be named, only numbered....Thank you.

#7?

Shitbag sounds better

Reerun_KC 03-13-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Why couldnt we do the same thing with a franchise qb? Why does it always have to.be a retread?

Reerun_KC 03-13-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8451240)
I just don't get the fascination with Orton. 1 TD, 2 picks, 3 games-That's shit awful.

Because he isn't a franchise qb. Its easier emotionally to go 8-8 and get bounced than it is to be a contender year in and out.

Hammock Parties 03-13-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

He was with the team for a matter of weeks, and the offense was better than it was with Cassel. That simple.

BigMeatballDave 03-13-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Red zone offense was awful.

Play selection was worse.

When was the last time Cassel had consecutive 300 yrd games?

The only fascination is him replacing Shitbag.

Reerun_KC 03-13-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8451247)
He was with the team for a matter of weeks, and the offense was better than it was with Cassel. That simple.

Listen up folks. The professional player evaluator has shown up.

Hammock Parties 03-13-2012 11:23 PM

Weak trolling, Reerun. I'll not take the bait.

BossChief 03-13-2012 11:25 PM

Holy shit.

How the **** did I miss this?

I just went to #7s rotoworld player page and the first story says this:

Speaking at the Scouting Combine Saturday, coach Romeo Crennel said Matt Cassel is the Chiefs' starter "until we get another quarterback on the team."

I saw it in somebodies sig, but thought it was a joke or something.

NJChiefsFan 03-13-2012 11:25 PM

You have to use the eye test. No way Cassel is even with Orton. Orton isn't taking you to a SB, but I would much rather have him IF you are forcing me to select a stop-gap.

BigChiefFan 03-13-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8451247)

He can move the chains, but he still is pedestrian at best. Without looking, who would you rather have based on stats?

9 TDs and 9 INTs or 10 TDs and 9 INT's?

That's both players TDs and INTs from last year.

BIG K 03-13-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

I am not sure there is a fascitnation with Orton. The vibe I get is that given the front office lack of moves to land a franchise QB, that given the choice between #7 and Orton, most here would choose Orton. Throw a draft pick QB in the mix, that all would prolly change....

qabbaan 03-13-2012 11:27 PM

Orton turns the ball over and can't finish drives. If he gets a shot at starting your team is not a contender in my opinion

Hammock Parties 03-13-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8451262)
He can move the chains, but he still is pedestrian at best. Without looking, who would you rather have based on stats?

9 TDs and 9 INTs or 10 TDs and 9 INT's?

That's both players TDs and INTs from last year.

I don't care about statistics.

Orton can throw the ball down the field, Cassel can't.

BIG K 03-13-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8451269)

Neither is the Franchise QB we want but there is no question, Orton>#7.

BossChief 03-13-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8451243)
Why couldnt we do the same thing with a franchise qb? Why does it always have to.be a retread?

I'll say it agin.

This TEAM is ready to go right now. The current team deserves a better qb than 7.

Let's say we wait till next year to draft a qb.

That means that we probably have 3, maybe 4 more years till we would be ready to really compete with a QBOTF we would draft next year.

By then, guys like Hali, Bowe and DJ are past their window.

Really, if we don't at least sign Orton, I consider that sabotage.

BigChiefFan 03-13-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

You don't care about TDs?:rolleyes:

Who cares if he can throw it deep, if he's throwing it to the other team?

Orton's career numbers 80 TDs 57 INTs QB rating 79.4
Cassel's career numbers 76 TDs 45 INTs QB rating 82.5

Orton has been turned into a Golden God, when he's no better than Cassel and the numbers prove that.

It's like jumping from the frying pan into the fire and buys three more years of mediocrity. No thanks.

Hammock Parties 03-13-2012 11:39 PM

No, he's better than Cassel. Your eyes should tell you that. Instead, you want to look at stats from an entire career, which isn't relevant in the least.

NJChiefsFan 03-13-2012 11:39 PM

See I don't agree it buys 3 more years. I think Henne might do that, but not Orton. I think even KC would see Orton as a stop-gap. If Cassel starts and does well he will certainly be here another year.

If we start Orton this year I think its safe we would have Stanzi/Other drafted QB the next. You keep Cassel, well I don't want to even think about what that could end up being time-wise.

NJChiefsFan 03-13-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8451296)
No, he's better than Cassel. Your eyes should tell you that. Instead, you want to look at stats from an entire career, which isn't relevant in the least.

Isn't relevant in the least is an extreme statement. Its not needed to make the point. The eye test isn't even close. Orton gives this team a better chance. That being said, he isn't winning us a SB, and nobody is claiming he could.

BigChiefFan 03-13-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8451296)

Are you really arguing that we should hitch our wagon to a mediocre QB for three more years?

Sorry, brother, but Orton is an average QB, hence the BACK-UP job he's looking for.

Better than shit, doesn't mean much and just delays what we all know we need... a franchise QB.

Hammock Parties 03-13-2012 11:43 PM

All I'm arguing is he should start this year.

But our FO is too inept to even get him to sign.

BigChiefFan 03-13-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8451298)
See I don't agree it buys 3 more years. I think Henne might do that, but not Orton. I think even KC would see Orton as a stop-gap. If Cassel starts and does well he will certainly be here another year.

If we start Orton this year I think its safe we would have Stanzi/Other drafted QB the next. You keep Cassel, well I don't want to even think about what that could end up being time-wise.

I just see Orton as hampering the team long-term. I don't think he's enough of an upgrade to hitch our wagon to. I'd rather see Cassel meet certain doom and make it crystal clear, we need a rookie franchise QB.

NJChiefsFan 03-13-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8451307)
Are you really arguing that we should hitch our wagon to a mediocre QB for three more years?

Sorry, brother, but Orton is an average QB, hence the BACK-UP job he's looking for.

Better than shit, doesn't mean much and just delays what we all know we need... a franchise QB.

Nobody, nobody wants to hitch the Chiefs wagon to Orton for more than this year.

BigChiefFan 03-13-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8451314)
Nobody, nobody wants to hitch the Chiefs wagon to Orton for more than this year.

You really think he's going to sign a one year deal?

NJChiefsFan 03-13-2012 11:48 PM

IDK. If he wants more KC would have to make sure its a number they could live with when he is backing up year 2. If I saw they signed him to a multiple year deal it would freak me out, but I think they could work out a 1 year deal. I doubt he is going to get a multiple year deal from a team that would give him a fair chance to win the starting job.

Fritz88 03-13-2012 11:49 PM

I just cupped my balls.

htismaqe 03-14-2012 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8451314)

Ain't gonna happen.

Orton, if he signs, will be the starter for 2 to 3 years at least.

This idea that we can draft Tannehill, sign Orton for 1 year, and then ride off into the sunset is PURE FANTASY.

htismaqe 03-14-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Yeah, because nearly a decade into his career he's suddenly going to do something he's NEVER DONE BEFORE.

htismaqe 03-14-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8451313)
I just see Orton as hampering the team long-term. I don't think he's enough of an upgrade to hitch our wagon to. I'd rather see Cassel meet certain doom and make it crystal clear, we need a rookie franchise QB.

:clap:

The Bad Guy 03-14-2012 06:54 AM

This also says a lot to me that he'd rather go to Dallas to backup someone rather than compete with Cassel for the job here.

J Diddy 03-14-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8451474)
Yeah, because nearly a decade into his career he's suddenly going to do something he's NEVER DONE BEFORE.

It's happened before....

htismaqe 03-14-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 8451490)
It's happened before....

To who?

BoneKrusher 03-14-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

yep
it will be impossible to stretch the defense with Castle at QB.
we're done for 2012.

J Diddy 03-14-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8451492)
To who?

Rich Gannon rings a bell, kurt warner,

Coogs 03-14-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8451288)
You don't care about TDs?:rolleyes:

Who cares if he can throw it deep, if he's throwing it to the other team?

Orton's career numbers 80 TDs 57 INTs QB rating 79.4
Cassel's career numbers 76 TDs 45 INTs QB rating 82.5

Orton has been turned into a Golden God, when he's no better than Cassel and the numbers prove that.

It's like jumping from the frying pan into the fire and buys three more years of mediocrity. No thanks.

Trent Green's career numbers are 162 TD's 114 INT's (amazingly close to just double Orton's) QB rating 86

And for my money, it is quite clear Green was far superior to Cassel as well. Even though the "stats" would not suggest that.

suds79 03-14-2012 07:19 AM

Cassel is the type of guy you cannot judge just by looking at the numbers.

Sure you can but you won't get an accurate picture of what the guy is. His stats are inflated primarily because he cleaned up on a 16-0 quality team the year after.

Just like how many of us don't want Matt Flynn. It's easy to look good on a SB quality team.

Still, I'll give him that. But you cannot tell me his "probowl" season here in KC was not the most deceiving, stat inflated season ever. Purely put on by Pioli to make Matt look good. How many play action TDs from the 1 or 2 did he get that year? Several.

No Matt is a guy you need to give the ole eyeball test to when he plays. He doesn't have it.

htismaqe 03-14-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8451496)
yep
it will be impossible to stretch the defense with Castle at QB.
we're done for 2012.

What good does stretching the field do when you can't score?

Yards don't win football games.

Coogs 03-14-2012 07:22 AM

Tim Tebow 17 TD's 9 INT's (he is actually ahead of the pace) QB rating 75.1

Damn, they are all one and the same. Green, Orton, Cassel, and Tebow

suds79 03-14-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8451513)
Tim Tebow 17 TD's 9 INT's (he is actually ahead of the pace) QB rating 75.1

Damn, they are all one and the same. Green, Orton, Cassel, and Tebow

:LOL: :clap:

htismaqe 03-14-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 8451500)
Rich Gannon rings a bell, kurt warner,

I could make several points about Gannon but I'm interested in arguing semantics - I'll give you that one.

Kurt Warner was in the Arena League when he went to St. Louis. He had ZERO NFL experience. There is no analog between him and Orton. NONE.

So you found ONE example out of the dozens of NFL QBs in the last 10 or so years. You REALLY want to pin your hopes on that?

Chiefnj2 03-14-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8451508)

Still, I'll give him that. But you cannot tell me his "probowl" season here in KC was not the most deceiving, stat inflated season ever. Purely put on by Pioli to make Matt look good. How many play action TDs from the 1 or 2 did he get that year? Several.

Damn him for throwing TD passes!!!! If it was so easy, why couldn't Orton do it?

htismaqe 03-14-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8451501)
Trent Green's career numbers are 162 TD's 114 INT's (amazingly close to just double Orton's) QB rating 86

And for my money, it is quite clear Green was far superior to Cassel as well. Even though the "stats" would not suggest that.

A career QBR of 86 is SIGNIFICANTLY superior to Orton's 79.4. SIGNIFICANTLY.

You guys are really grasping at straws here.

Coogs 03-14-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8451511)
What good does stretching the field do when you can't score?

Yards don't win football games.

Did they not televise the Packers/Chiefs game in Iowa htismaqe? Raiders game too? OK, yeah we didn't score that many against the Raiders, but that isn't "ALL" on Orton. Some of that goes on Bowe. Some of that goes on OC. Some of that goes on ST's. Denver... hell, we didn't need to score. Had a TD lead and crappy field position.

htismaqe 03-14-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8451519)
Damn him for throwing TD passes!!!! If it was so easy, why couldn't Orton do it?

Because he didn't have a starting RB for one.

All of the excuses for Orton are the SAME excuses that were used for Cassel.

I'm just amazed nobody can see what is going on here - people are greasing the skids for FOUR years of Orton, not 1.

htismaqe 03-14-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8451521)
Did they not televise the Packers/Chiefs game in Iowa htismaqe? Raiders game too? OK, yeah we didn't score that many against the Raiders, but that isn't "ALL" on Orton. Some of that goes on Bowe. Some of that goes on OC. Some of that goes on ST's. Denver... hell, we didn't need to score. Had a TD lead and crappy field position.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Sounds like CASSEL.

Coogs 03-14-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8451520)
A career QBR of 86 is SIGNIFICANTLY superior to Orton's 79.4. SIGNIFICANTLY.

You guys are really grasping at straws here.

Orton's career isn't over.

Coogs 03-14-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8451523)
Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Sounds like CASSEL.

OK, I give!

Fritz88 03-14-2012 07:31 AM

Well, it does look like we are planning on running the shit out of the ball next season. So Casshole will have another 2010 season which means he will be here 2013 and beyond.

suds79 03-14-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8451519)

He could. If management had it in their mind "lets pump up this guys stats. Oh we're on the 1? Pass"

Any QB would do the same. Are you stating they were not trying to inflate his TD/Int ratio that season??

J Diddy 03-14-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8451517)
I could make several points about Gannon but I'm interested in arguing semantics - I'll give you that one.

Kurt Warner was in the Arena League when he went to St. Louis. He had ZERO NFL experience. There is no analog between him and Orton. NONE.

So you found ONE example out of the dozens of NFL QBs in the last 10 or so years. You REALLY want to pin your hopes on that?

My point is that it is possible, not probable. However, I can tell you what I see in Orton that I don't see in Cassel. His arm. Orton can make the throws and although his decision making isn't the best, it's also heads and tails over Matty. Then Matt holds the ball way to long and then shot putts a gay floater over the middle or takes a ridiculous sack. Orton at least has some pocket presence.

I'm not saying that Orton is the answer unless the question is Matt or Kyle?

htismaqe 03-14-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8451524)
Orton's career isn't over.

Orton would have to post a continuous QBR of near 100 for the rest of his career to get it up to 86.

Chiefnj2 03-14-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8451532)
Are you stating they were not trying to inflate his TD/Int ratio that season??

Yes I am. KC has been horrible running the ball in short yardage situations even with Charles 2 years ago.

Does Brady get criticized for inflating his stats by passing to Gronk and Hernandez in the redzone?

htismaqe 03-14-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8451527)
Well, it does look like we are planning on running the shit out of the ball next season. So Casshole will have another 2010 season which means he will be here 2013 and beyond.

Same could be said of Orton.

Would you rather poke your eyes out with a fork or a rusty fork?

Look, I want rid of Cassel as much, if not more, as anybody here. But Kyle ****ing Orton isn't the answer. He's just a continuation of the problem.

htismaqe 03-14-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 8451540)
My point is that it is possible, not probable. However, I can tell you what I see in Orton that I don't see in Cassel. His arm. Orton can make the throws and although his decision making isn't the best, it's also heads and tails over Matty. Then Matt holds the ball way to long and then shot putts a gay floater over the middle or takes a ridiculous sack. Orton at least has some pocket presence.

I'm not saying that Orton is the answer unless the question is Matt or Kyle?

You would be better served to say it's "not impossible".

Me getting hit by a bus today is "possible". But given that I'm sitting in my home office, two and a half miles from anything resembling a town or city and the closest bus route is 10 miles away, it isn't bloody likely.

And if the question really becomes "Matt or Kyle" the answer should be "Arrowhead will be empty until these mother****ers are gone!"

Easy 6 03-14-2012 07:43 AM

Orton had me excited, just seeing a KC qb make some basic throws & move the offense like a professional.

But yeah, in the end he's not taking this team to its ultimate goal... no more second tier guys... either get a proven stud or start over with youth.

Fritz88 03-14-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8451547)

Look, I want rid of Cassel as much, if not more, as anybody here. But Kyle ****ing Orton isn't the answer. He's just a continuation of the problem.

Orton can move the chains, Cassel can't.

Orton sucks less.
Posted via Mobile Device

LTL 03-14-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8451313)

If Pioli hasn't seen what a shit stain Cassel is at QB after having spent the last 7 seasons with him I doubt he does after this season.

Chiefnj2 03-14-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8451565)
Orton can move the chains, Cassel can't.

Orton sucks less.
Posted via Mobile Device

If Orton is so good at moving the ball why did KC's point production drop in half every time he played?

BoneKrusher 03-14-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8451559)
Orton had me excited, just seeing a KC qb make some basic throws & move the offense like a professional.

i agree.
the thought of Cassel starting makes me wanna puke.

mlyonsd 03-14-2012 07:51 AM

I wonder if Pioli and Clark are stopping to think about the boo-birds that will have flocked to the Arrowhead opener if Cassel starts.

I can't imagine it being very pretty for Cassel if he plays like years past.

Reerun_KC 03-14-2012 07:51 AM

Someone sign this crap so we can move on with our team...

Coogs 03-14-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8451547)

All I know is this. If we are in the playoffs, down 4, with 2:00 on the clock, against Ravens or Steelers defense on the road (or home for that matter), and my choice is Orton or Cassel... I'm taking Orton every damn time. Would Orton get it done? Don't know. Would Cassel get it done? :shake:

Reerun_KC 03-14-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8451581)
All I know is this. If we are in the playoffs, down 4, with 2:00 on the clock, against Ravens or Steelers defense on the road (or home for that matter), and my choice is Orton or Cassel... I'm taking Orton every damn time. Would Orton get it done? Don't know. Would Cassel get it done? :shake:

ROFL

This is why the franchise hasnt won a playoff game in 20 years...

QB's like Orton cant get it done... Cassel isnt even a thought...

Chiefnj2 03-14-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Hate to break it to you, but career wise they have similar 4th quarter comeback and game winning drive numbers.

htismaqe 03-14-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

If that is your scenario, you better be prepared. Cassel would go 3 and out. Orton would throw a pick.

Neither of them would win.

Reerun_KC 03-14-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8451588)
Hate to break it to you, but career wise they have similar 4th quarter comeback and game winning drive numbers.

And lastly, if you have Orton as your QB, you wont be in that position to begin with...

Its a pipe dream fantasy...

Coogs 03-14-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8451591)
If that is your scenario, you better be prepared. Cassel would go 3 and out. Orton would throw a pick.

Neither of them would win.

I agree with the 3 and out. Pick? Maybe. Maybe not. And we may not win.

But given our options of Orton or Cassel. I'll go with Orton. And unless Stanzi can unseat either one, that appears to be our only options right now.

HMc 03-14-2012 08:01 AM

Both cassel and orton are utter wank. Orton would be well advised to seek a backup role. The chiefs are screwed until they get a QB that at the very least grades into the top 16 in the league.

That's about it, I think.

BoneKrusher 03-14-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 8451604)
Orton would be well advised to seek a backup role.

That's about it, I think.

maybe so.

after three years i still haven't figured out how Pioli came up with the idea that Cassel could be a starter.

Coogs 03-14-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8451594)
And lastly, if you have Orton as your QB, you wont be in that position to begin with...

Its a pipe dream fantasy...

You guys have your minds made up, and that is fine. I just know I watched a guy who was on his 4th or 5th OC in 3 years (just like Cassel's main excuse), a guy who didn't really even know his teammates, a guy without his best RB and TE, rally his team to victory over the Packers after they had taken the lead in the 3rd quarter. You know those Packers. The ones who were undefeated at the time. And he threw for 300 yards while doing that.

I'm not saying he is Joe Montana. I'm just saying given the choice of Orton or Cassel to watch in 2012, I'm taking Orton.

CaliforniaChief 03-14-2012 08:21 AM

For every Packers game, there is a Raiders game. Orton would be good depth, but that's about it.

htismaqe 03-14-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8451597)
I agree with the 3 and out. Pick? Maybe. Maybe not. And we may not win.

But given our options of Orton or Cassel. I'll go with Orton. And unless Stanzi can unseat either one, that appears to be our only options right now.

Other than the fact that it appears Orton would rather be a backup in Dallas than have anything to do with the KC Chiefs...