ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Tony Gonzalez Tears: They're Delicious! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269122)

FloridaMan88 01-20-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9337210)
He requested to be traded though.

Who can blame him.

Gonzalez would have gladly stayed in KC if the Chiefs were serious about building a winner at the time... but with Herm and then Fat Scott, Tony could clearly see the bullshit.

Phobia 01-20-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 9337227)
Who can blame him.

Gonzalez would have gladly stayed in KC if the Chiefs were serious about building a winner at the time... but with Herm and then Fat Scott, Tony could cleary see the bullshit.

I think the Chiefs were serious considering the young movement. Hell, they were a coin flip away from having Matt Ryan as our QB under Herm. Herm maintains to this day that if the Chiefs won that coin flip with the Falcons that he would still be the coach.

AussieChiefsFan 01-20-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 9337227)
Who can blame him.

Gonzalez would have gladly stayed in KC if the Chiefs were serious about building a winner at the time... but with Herm and then Fat Scott, Tony could clearly see the bullshit.

Was just stating that he requested it.

FloridaMan88 01-20-2013 07:25 PM

I think it is funny many of the Tony Gonzalez haters... calling him a "prick", calling him "too stats focused", "selfish", etc., also consider Derrick Thomas to be their favorite Chiefs player of all time.

Derrick Thomas was the definition of everything the haters accuse Tony G. of being.

jspchief 01-20-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 9337246)
I think it is funny many of the Tony Gonzalez haters... calling him a "prick", calling him "too stats focused", "selfish", etc., also consider Derrick Thomas to be their favorite Chiefs player of all time.

Derrick Thomas was the definition of everything the haters accuse Tony G. of being.

Elaborate.

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9337198)
Go and look up his stats. The very next week Vermiel came out and run a god damn tight end REVERSE! So Tony could be "more involved".

He was and always will be a bitch. And he wasn't clutch today when it was third down and he came up short.

TonyG posted his best numbers while DV was here...and it wasn't because he bitched about getting the ball.

This is a really ****ing stupid argument to even think about getting into LMAO

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9337239)
I think the Chiefs were serious considering the young movement. Hell, they were a coin flip away from having Matt Ryan as our QB under Herm. Herm maintains to this day that if the Chiefs won that coin flip with the Falcons that he would still be the coach.

I get what you're saying to a point..

LMAO

But I have a hard time thinking that Herm was just a coin flip away from still being the Chiefs current coach. I mean just saying that in a sentence to myself makes me almost fall off my couch laughing.

Seriously though...have you read that back to yourself yet?

FloridaMan88 01-20-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9337251)
Elaborate.

Derrick Thomas was more of a prick than Tony Gonzalez... 7 children with 5 mothers, leaving virtually no $$$ in his estate for his kids, killing his best friend, Michael Tellis, Lamar Hunt declaring the Chiefs "disgraced" by DT's 3 personal foul penalties in the Monday Night Meltdown game against Denver, etc.

In the end both DT and Tony Gonzalez's times in KC will be remembered for individual stats (receptions/yards for Tony G, sacks for DT) and not for impact performances by either player in the playoffs.

TheGuardian 01-20-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9337262)
TonyG posted his best numbers while DV was here...and it wasn't because he bitched about getting the ball.

This is a really ****ing stupid argument to even think about getting into LMAO

It's not an argument. He bitched about not getting the ball enough after a win. That's a fact.

GloryDayz 01-20-2013 07:49 PM

I don't dislike him on a personal level, well hell, I don't know him on a personal level, I've just grown to not wanting anybody who leaves KC to succeed. Both out teams had turned into farm teams for true contenders and that pisses me off, so I'm less inclined to wish the occasional player well for, let's say, leaving because of cap space.

This city was too nice for too long, and maybe that's why owners treated us the way they did. Look at what's happened since SOC revolted! Sheesh, even Glass decided, for some odd reason, that this would be a good year to invest in the team a LOT more than before.

mlyonsd 01-20-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La literatura (Post 9337202)
Jesus, get a grip. It's a multi-million dollar professional football team, not a religious cult.

Yeah, so **** him.

Phobia 01-20-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9337285)
I get what you're saying to a point..

LMAO

But I have a hard time thinking that Herm was just a coin flip away from still being the Chiefs current coach. I mean just saying that in a sentence to myself makes me almost fall off my couch laughing.

Seriously though...have you read that back to yourself yet?

I didn't say that. Herm said it.

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9337395)
I don't dislike him on a personal level, well hell, I don't know him on a personal level, I've just grown to not wanting anybody who leaves KC to succeed. Both out teams had turned into farm teams for true contenders and that pisses me off, so I'm less inclined to wish the occasional player well for, let's say, leaving because of cap space.

This city was too nice for too long, and maybe that's why owners treated us the way they did. Look at what's happened since SOC revolted! Sheesh, even Glass decided, for some odd reason, that this would be a good year to invest in the team a LOT more than before.

And there it is.....ya let the cat out of the bag.

This is childish and ****ing ignorant behavior.

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9337413)
I didn't say that. Herm said it.

The fact that he really said that makes it even funnier.

The fact that he thinks his entire fate of his coaching tenure w/ the Chiefs all came down to a simple coin flip.

mlyonsd 01-20-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9337395)

Well said.