ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bowes says we're going Deep /gonna blow up the scoreboard (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272321)

Pasta Little Brioni 04-21-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9609269)
Anything that makes Alex look good is useless. We dont care about wins, QBR, completion % any of it. /CP

I still don't like the deal, but PFF (who I take more stock in than any poster here for players on other teams) had Alex as a fringe Top 10 QB the last 2 years on a per game basis. On the other hand, even in Cassel's Pro Bowl season it was exposed as a fraud according to them. That made me feel even better seeing that. The guy is a pretty big upgrade at QB.

milkman 04-21-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9609267)
Last time we heard that is was claimed to be propaganda by ***** to make Bowe look bad.

So whats the motive this time?

Don't know.
Don't care.

What I know, and what I care about, is that Baldwin's impressive practices have yet to transition to games.

Until I see that, it is all just bull shit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9609269)
Anything that makes Alex look good is useless. We dont care about wins, QBR, completion % any of it. /CP

You might be new here.

See, I'm a guy that has always said that stats mean jack.

And those are even more useless stats than all the other useless stats.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-21-2013 08:25 AM

I want to know how all of Chiefs Planet magically watched all San Fransisco 49er games the last 2 years, heh.

Marcellus 04-21-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9609275)
Don't know.
Don't care.

What I know, and what I care about, is that Baldwin's impressive practices have yet to transition to games.

Until I see that, it is all just bull shit.

You might be new here.

See, I'm a guy that has always said that stats mean jack.

And those are even more useless stats than all the other useless stats.

****, you got me on that one. You are a consistent bastard. :D

BlackHelicopters 04-21-2013 08:29 AM

R.IP. To the one yard dump off to DMC?

Pasta Little Brioni 04-21-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9609279)
****, you got me on that one. You are a consistent bastard. :D

I'm not calling out milk, but mainly the rest of the board. How about this then since stats mean jack....

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9609276)
I want to know how all of Chiefs Planet magically watched all San Fransisco 49er games the last 2 years, heh.

Marcellus 04-21-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9609274)
I still don't like the deal, but PFF (who I take more stock in than any poster here for players on other teams) had Alex as a fringe Top 10 QB the last 2 years on a per game basis. On the other hand, even in Cassel's Pro Bowl season it was exposed as a fraud according to them. That made me feel even better seeing that. The guy is a pretty big upgrade at QB.

Its very simple, Alex is an ex SF QB and he is not Geno so there is nothing outside of a SB win next year that is going to be good enough for 90% of CP.

There is no ability to distinguish between any other QB we ever traded for in the past and Alex Smith, they are all the same. If Alex was Joe Montana at this point people would bitch.

keg in kc 04-21-2013 08:32 AM

Yeah, that should work great with Lieutenant Noodle-arm McCheckdown unleashing his wobble-launcher 2.0 on the team's unwitting opponents.

milkman 04-21-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9609285)
Its very simple, Alex is an ex SF QB and he is not Geno so there is nothing outside of a SB win next year that is going to be good enough for 90% of CP.

There is no ability to distinguish between any other QB we ever traded for in the past and Alex Smith, they are all the same. If Alex was Joe Montana at this point people would bitch.

Speaking of consistency, I bitched when we traded for Montana.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-21-2013 08:33 AM

Anyone have highlights of Smith's deep balls...? Should only take a few seconds to show them all...

Marcellus 04-21-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9609291)
Speaking of consistency, I bitched when we traded for Montana.

And you were wrong back then.

keg in kc 04-21-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Or, it could be that they've watched him play for seven years, have seen what he can do and aren't just blind optimists that think the front office can do no wrong no matter what.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-21-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

It's silly to say he's the same player as Cassel, he's not. It's not silly to be pissed that we passed on drafting a franchise QB to draft an efficient game manager. We definately in my mind upgraded a good deal, but will it hurt us in the long run is the question.

milkman 04-21-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9609296)
And you were wrong back then.

Was I?

I told all my friends that trading Montana gave that team a 3 year window, at best, and that it was unlikely that he could stay healthy through a full season to lead that team to a SB.

I guess I was wrong about the 3 year window, since he only lasted 2 years.

caligula 04-21-2013 08:37 AM

Smith is so awesome he was left to FA, then benched and traded.

You'd have to be a real asshole to assume he has any flaws based on that.