ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

RunKC 01-20-2013 01:19 AM

And to the Geno crowd, I like the kid. I'm just terrified that this guy is Brandon Weeden part deux. They are very similar. Both had huge stats their last 2 years, insane accuracy, played in a simplified spread offense, were said to be mature, had an amazing WR to throw to.

Weeden really struggled in the WCO this year and made some bad decisions.

-King- 01-20-2013 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9334582)
And to the Geno crowd, I like the kid. I'm just terrified that this guy is Brandon Weeden part deux. They are very similar. Both had huge stats their last 2 years, insane accuracy, played in a simplified spread offense, were said to be mature, had an amazing WR to throw to.

LMAO People are just making up random comparisons now.

RunKC 01-20-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9334620)
LMAO People are just making up random comparisons now.

Weeden's stats at OSU

Jr.-4,277 yards 34 TD's 13 INT's 67% completion percentage
Sr.-4,727 yards 37 TD's 13 INT's 72% completion percentage

Both played in Dana Holgersen's spread offense. Same conference. Same 1st round caliber WR to throw to. Same accuracy.

They are extremely similar. Geno has a higher ceiling, but as prospects, similarity in system, numbers and same opponents is eerily similar.

NJChiefsFan 01-20-2013 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9334624)
Weeden's stats at OSU

Jr.-4,277 yards 34 TD's 13 INT's 67% completion percentage
Sr.-4,727 yards 37 TD's 13 INT's 72% completion percentage

Both played in Dana Holgersen's spread offense. Same conference. Same 1st round caliber WR to throw to. Same accuracy.

They are extremely similar. Geno has a higher ceiling, but as prospects, similarity in system, numbers and same opponents is eerily similar.

The only similarity of consequence there is accuracy. I don't care about similiar stats, coaches, WR, offense ect. All those are things that no QB can control. Now if they had similar progressions, pocket awareness, feet, touch, deep ball, ect. then it would be relevant. 4 of the 5 stats are circumstantial.

RunKC 01-20-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9334627)
The only similarity of consequence there is accuracy. I don't care about similiar stats, coaches, WR, offense ect. All those are things that no QB can control. Now if they had similar progressions, pocket awareness, feet, touch, deep ball, ect. then it would be relevant. 4 of the 5 stats are circumstantial.

Who do you compare him to?

the Talking Can 01-20-2013 03:57 AM

Quote:

just shut the **** up please

you haven't watched either play a single snap in college

RunKC 01-20-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9334639)
just shut the **** up please

you haven't watched either play a single snap in college

Tommy Tuberville thinks so too. Guess he's a dumbass. He doesn't coach football or anything.

http://www.eersauthority.com/tubberv...eno-smith-wvu/

"He is pretty close to what Weeden was in different ways. He has great touch on the ball. He has a lot of speed at receiver. He has that knack of sitting in the pocket. He will take a sack and understands that he does not want to turn it over and that there is another play.”

Btw-I'm still waiting for you to quit whining and give an opinion on the kid.

Rasputin 01-20-2013 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9334643)
Tommy Tuberville thinks so too. Guess he's a dumbass. He doesn't coach football or anything.

"He is pretty close to what Weeden was in different ways. He has great touch on the ball. He has a lot of speed at receiver. He has that knack of sitting in the pocket. He will take a sack and understands that he does not want to turn it over and that there is another play.”

First I no curr what Tommy Tuberville thinks about Geno Smith because I don't know nor care who Tommy Tuberville is.

Second even if Geno Smith compares to Weeden in the aspects you mention, the upside to Geno Smith is far greater. Geno is young and ready to be coached to get better in the pros. He may struggle in his first year & I expect that from a rookie. The upside to Geno Smith is far greater than worrying about him being a bust. That just isn't fair to a team that hasn't drafted a QB in 30 years in the first round. What I'm really trying to say is don't be a chicken shit.

the Talking Can 01-20-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

hey, ComoKC, I've posted 100000000 times about geno in this thread....what teh **** more can I say about him? Read the thread, you lazy piece of shit

the only question anyone has is why you've made this thread "RunKC's Emo How I Feel Today About QBs I've Never Watched Play Thread"?

we've had to listen to you explain how Geno was just an illiterate share cropper ("I've got secret evidence!") who only throws passes to one WR, the WR he stares at in the huddle, as they line up, during the play, as he walks off the field, and as he sits on the bench (even as play continues)...

then, through the power of youtube and espn stats, Geno became Eric Crouch, then Tim Couch, then Brandon Weedon, and next Tito Puente...

it's cool you 'do research' on QBs with a split-screen of Spankwire while listening to Silverchair...but not really..just cut it out

DC.chief 01-20-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9334655)
it's cool you 'do research' on QBs with a split-screen of Spankwire while listening to Silverchair...but not really..just cut it out

Wait hold on a god damn second....

What's wrong with silverchair?

Saccopoo 01-20-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Many spread, no-huddle teams nowadays have their offenses line up and then look toward the sideline to receive additional instruction. This allows coaches to get a look at the defense, but defenses also make adjustments during this time, so the offense rarely gains the upper hand. The Air Raiders skip that step and rely on the quarterback to make smart decisions. So far, West Virginia's Geno Smith has done an excellent job
Quote:

The biggest change Holgorsen made to the Air Raid playbook has been to eschew the shallow crosses (he still uses them sometimes, but mostly as adjustments) in favor of routes that push downfield. Several Air Raid disciples tweaked the offense with more shallow routes — that is, by being more spread. Holgorsen went the other way. He brought backs into the backfield, added play-action fakes, and made his pass patterns all look the same. And now the Air Raid is even deadlier.
Weeden was an immobile, 28 year old former pro baseball player with an okay arm.

The only comparison that Geno and Weeden have is that they had good accuracy. Geno has better pocket awareness and athleticism. Weeden was more Bledsoe than anything - without the arm. Hell, I'd say Weeden was substantially less mobile than that. Accurate on short crossing patterns, but he rarely went over the top of the defense. And if he was forced to move out of the pocket, his accuracy took a huge hit. Geno excels at throwing on the move. Deep. Comparing Geno to Weeden is, for lack of a better word, ignorant. They are not even remotely close to being similar.

Look dude...I know that you don't want Geno because some dipshit with a camera at the Texas game thought he saw Geno "flash" a gang sign after celebrating the win on the road over UT.

I gotta tell you, that doesn't mean jack squat.

If you want to keep coming in here and trying to discredit Geno, and subsequently getting clowned for it by 158 different guys who can see the excellent traits and attributes that Geno has, then go right ahead. However, you are not going to convince a single person with a modicum of intelligence that he isn't the best QB in this draft and that the Chiefs shouldn't take him. Especially in this thread.

I mean, if you want to go to some reerun board with reerun fans and post reerun shit, I'm sure that someone would be willing to listen to your trade down and draft Manti Te'o or Luke Joeckel and get a QB in round two so the Chiefs can continue to be a bunch of losers bullshit, but it ain't here.

Crush 01-20-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Tommy Tuberville thinks so too. Guess he's a dumb ass. He doesn't coach football or anything.

Brandon Weeden is ****ing 30 years old and should be at his professional apex. Geno Smith is 23 years old and has room to grow. If you cannot understand the difference between a 30 year-old and a 23 year-old in terms of QB development, you can go **** your reeruned self. Last time I checked, being a dumb ass and a coach is not mutually exclusive. See John Fox or Mike Smith.

Chiefnj2 01-20-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9334744)
Weeden was an immobile, 28 year old former pro baseball player with an okay arm.

Weeden has a very good release and very good arm.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-20-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

You have got to be ****ing kidding me ROFL Geno's 30 now?

hometeam 01-20-2013 12:59 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9DZrJ_ucB_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really really love the ball placement that Geno pulls off. I almost forgot it could be done after 4 years of Cassel and friends.

Priest31kc 01-20-2013 01:47 PM

Sent a tweet to Evan Silva saying I would love to see Dorsey go after Jennings & re-sign Bowe to give Geno some serious weapons to work with.

He direct messaged me this after:

no chance they draft geno, brent. guaranteed they won't

I cant DM him back because he doesnt follow me.

keg in kc 01-20-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

As other's have mentioned, you left out the part about Weeden being drafted at 22 despite being 29 years old. Wonder where he might have gone if he was 22 years old on draft day.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-20-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9335318)
Sent a tweet to Evan Silva saying I would love to see Dorsey go after Jennings & re-sign Bowe to give Geno some serious weapons to work with.

I really wouldn't get my hopes up for Geno [Wilson in my case].

I think the reality is to start analyzing and rooting for those 2nd/3rd rnd prospects. That said, Bray is my reality as of now. Wilson/Geno are my wet dreams.

Three7s 01-20-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9335371)

I think the reality is to start analyzing and rooting for those 2nd/3rd rnd prospects. That said, Bray is my reality as of now. Wilson/Geno are my wet dreams.

And if they don't, it will be Miami drafting Jake Long all over again. I hope people don't start getting season tickets until after the draft.

keg in kc 01-20-2013 02:10 PM

If they don't draft one at 1 (and as much as I hope they do, I don't expect they will), I don't think they'll take one at 34, either.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-20-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9335378)
And if they don't, it will be Miami drafting Jake Long all over again. I hope people don't start getting season tickets until after the draft.

I don't think you can judge this regime off of one pick...you have to give them a couple of seasons to see WHO they missed on and how the prospects they picked [say instead of Geno] compare to those relative misses...

If [when] we don't draft a QB with the #1 overall...I'm not going to freak.

I will freak if we are still looking for a franchise QB in a couple of years and Smith/Wilson are making runs in the playoffs.

-King- 01-20-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Ask him through a tweet.

...and save that DM. Will be useful when we do draft Geno :)

Tribal Warfare 01-20-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9335371)

If that happens then they must really trust him to straighten up, and become a Marino like steal.

RunKC 01-20-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9334655)
hey, ComoKC, I've posted 100000000 times about geno in this thread....what teh **** more can I say about him? Read the thread, you lazy piece of shit

the only question anyone has is why you've made this thread "RunKC's Emo How I Feel Today About QBs I've Never Watched Play Thread"?

we've had to listen to you explain how Geno was just an illiterate share cropper ("I've got secret evidence!") who only throws passes to one WR, the WR he stares at in the huddle, as they line up, during the play, as he walks off the field, and as he sits on the bench (even as play continues)...

then, through the power of youtube and espn stats, Geno became Eric Crouch, then Tim Couch, then Brandon Weedon, and next Tito Puente...

And yet no explanation of why you like him. or anything. You're a bigger whiner than my girlfriends mother. Sheesh.

RunKC 01-20-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9334744)

The only comparison that Geno and Weeden have is that they had good accuracy. Geno has better pocket awareness and athleticism. Weeden was more Bledsoe than anything - without the arm. Hell, I'd say Weeden was substantially less mobile than that. Accurate on short crossing patterns, but he rarely went over the top of the defense. And if he was forced to move out of the pocket, his accuracy took a huge hit. Geno excels at throwing on the move. Deep. Comparing Geno to Weeden is, for lack of a better word, ignorant. They are not even remotely close to being similar.

Look dude...I know that you don't want Geno because some dipshit with a camera at the Texas game thought he saw Geno "flash" a gang sign after celebrating the win on the road over UT.

I gotta tell you, that doesn't mean jack squat.

If you want to keep coming in here and trying to discredit Geno, and subsequently getting clowned for it by 158 different guys who can see the excellent traits and attributes that Geno has, then go right ahead. However, you are not going to convince a single person with a modicum of intelligence that he isn't the best QB in this draft and that the Chiefs shouldn't take him. Especially in this thread.

I mean, if you want to go to some reerun board with reerun fans and post reerun shit, I'm sure that someone would be willing to listen to your trade down and draft Manti Te'o or Luke Joeckel and get a QB in round two so the Chiefs can continue to be a bunch of losers bullshit, but it ain't here.

I know. He's better than RG3. That's your narrative and it won't change.

ChiefsCountry 01-20-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

e direct messaged me this after:

Its because we are drafting Matt Barkley. :)

fairladyZ 01-20-2013 02:47 PM

from another member from the KC area on another forum, i'm just posting it up in here, take it for what it's worth.

Quote:

Jake spavitol who was the QB coach at W Virginia and is currently on the staff at Texas A and M in the same roll. Spavitol went to Missouri state but was a qb for union high school in Oklahoma and won 3 st championships and was injured. Anyhow he's at a party I am at and we are talking football. HE WAS GENO'S QB COACH FOR 2 YEARS! EXACT WORDS ARE GENO IS A PUNK! HE THINKS MORE OF HIMSELF THAN ANYONE HE HAS EVER COME ACROSS! Said if he was such a punk he'd be elite! But his attitude is terrible. Jake spavitol! Google it!

Priest31kc 01-20-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9335418)
Ask him through a tweet.

...and save that DM. Will be useful when we do draft Geno :)

I asked him how he's so certain & why won't we draft him....He hasn't responded.

Molitoth 01-20-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9335537)
from another member from the KC area on another forum, i'm just posting it up in here, take it for what it's worth.

1) 50/50 chance its bullshit
2) I don't care how "punk" Geno is, if he can come in and win games. Are you looking for the "Right 53" locker room leaders still? I'm looking for T A L E N T E D guys who don't suck ass.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-20-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9335537)

I dont see that at all...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E9MdPFFx0k0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fairladyZ 01-20-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9335553)
1) 50/50 chance its bullshit
2) I don't care how "punk" Geno is, if he can come in an win games. Are you looking for the "Right 53" locker room leaders still? I'm looking for T A L E N T E D guys who don't suck ass.

ya could be 50/50, i'm sure our scouts and staff will speak to this guy about it anyways, doubt we will ever know for sure.

I don't agree i want someone that comes in and wins, but i also don't want BS on the team either, want everyone to mesh and play and elevate each other to elite status.

milkman 01-20-2013 02:57 PM

Praising his teammates for wins.

Taking full blame for losses (which could not be further from the truth).

Yeah, smartest "punk" ever.

That story is straight up bullshit.

Molitoth 01-20-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9335572)
Taking full blame for losses (which could not be further from the truth).

See, he's a liar too!

aturnis 01-21-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9331710)
And being an air-raid QB isn't a red flag?

Did Andy Reid that nk it was a red flag when he drafted Nick Foles and turned him into a fairly productive first year starter?

aturnis 01-21-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9332120)
See what I did there? :)

No, Geno doesn't run spread and is ultra conservative. Reid Just made a Air Raid QB look great last year. He had nothing on Geno...

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-21-2013 03:08 PM

Mayock just blasted Geno Smith for skipping Senior Bowl. His partner said that it was a concern of an NFL personnel exec he flew down with.

the Talking Can 01-21-2013 03:10 PM

oh noes....

he's probably at home flashing gang signs.../runkc

Rambozo 01-21-2013 03:10 PM

Geno has no business skipping the senior bowl imo. He is a good prospect but, he's not good enough to skip the Senior Bowl.

RunKC 01-21-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9339306)
oh noes....

he's probably at home flashing gang signs.../runkc

I love you, even though you're a pompous dumbass who makes bullshit up on the fly LMAO

keg in kc 01-21-2013 03:12 PM

Top QBs skip the senior bowl every year. That's nothing new. They make their mark in interviews and at private workouts.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339309)
I love you, even though you're a pompous dumbass who makes bullshit up on the fly LMAO

You of all people certainly knows what that looks like...

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-21-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9339316)
Top QBs skip the senior bowl every year. That's nothing new. They make their mark in interviews and at private workouts.

Like Mayock said you don't miss the senior bowl when no clear cut number 1.

RunKC 01-21-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Top QB's of previous years weren't Seniors. Sam Bradford was a brokedick so he couldn't play either.

Lots of 1st rd QB prospects like Carson Palmer, Jay Cutler, Brandon Weeden, Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, Joe Flacco, Phillip Rivers, David Carr and Chad Pennington were at the Senior Bowl.

Rambozo 01-21-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

I know this won't be popular but, I'm saying he's not as good as most of the other recent QBs who skipped the Senior Bowl IMO. It is going to be a mistake. This QB class is weak imo. There are a ton of people who feel that way. Hell, there is even a thread here today about the possibility of Cassel being the starter next year. That should tell us something...

RunKC 01-21-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339321)
You of all people certainly knows what that looks like...

your bullshit is pretty heavy as well. LMAO

keg in kc 01-21-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9339324)

And Geno was obviously told something else by his agent. We'll see how it plays out.

Generally in all star games like this, highly rated QBs can only lose ground. That's why the top ones don't go, and why the ones who make moves during the week are the middle-round guys. That's just the way it is.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9339307)
Geno has no business skipping the senior bowl imo. He is a good prospect but, he's not good enough to skip the Senior Bowl.

He wouldn't be skipping the Senior Bowl if he wasn't being advised to do so.

This is the biggest bunch of BS there is. Guys skip the Senior Bowl and throwing at the combine ALL THE TIME.

This isn't new.

Of course, it applies to the QB class of 2013, so it's the WORST THING EVAR!!!!!111

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339332)
your bullshit is pretty heavy as well. LMAO

You're a liar. No bullshit.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9339324)

Unless there IS a clear cut number 1 and Mayock and the rest of the talking heads just haven't been told. :hmmm:

RunKC 01-21-2013 03:21 PM

Mayock-"There is no clear cut number 1 QB. Geno Smith is mistaken if he thinks he is a top ten draft pick and the number one QB at this point. He's not doing himself any favors by missing out on the Senior Bowl."

RealSNR 01-21-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339329)
Top QB's of previous years weren't Seniors. Sam Bradford was a brokedick so he couldn't play either.

Lots of 1st rd QB prospects like Carson Palmer, Jay Cutler, Brandon Weeden, Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, Joe Flacco, Phillip Rivers, David Carr and Chad Pennington were at the Senior Bowl.

Carson Palmer (shitass)
Jay Cutler (shitass with beetis)
Brandon Weeden (huge shitass)
Jake Locker (Flopnuts' shitass)
Christian Ponder (shitass)
Joe Flacco (pretty good)
Phillip Rivers (shitassiest of the shitasses)
David Carr (shitass)
Chad Pennington (wobble shitass)

You were saying?

Rambozo 01-21-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339337)
He wouldn't be skipping the Senior Bowl if he wasn't being advised to do so.

This is the biggest bunch of BS there is. Guys skip the Senior Bowl and throwing at the combine ALL THE TIME.

This isn't new.

Of course, it applies to the QB class of 2013, so it's the WORST THING EVAR!!!!!111

In Geno's case he is being advised to skip the senior bowl because he is not the hands down #1 pick. The senior bowl could hurt Geno's stock bad imo. That's why he was advised not to go. He's not skipping it because he has nothing to prove. He's skipping it because his stock is as high as it can get.

This is why people are knocking on him for skipping out. Odds are the senior bowl would hurt him much more than help him. He's damnned if he does and damnned if he doesn't imo. Please don't shoot the messenger.

RunKC 01-21-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9339344)
Carson Palmer (shitass)
Jay Cutler (shitass with beetis)
Brandon Weeden (huge shitass)
Jake Locker (Flopnuts' shitass)
Christian Ponder (shitass)
Joe Flacco (pretty good)
Phillip Rivers (shitassiest of the shitasses)
David Carr (shitass)
Chad Pennington (wobble shitass)

You were saying?

8 TD's/0 INT's in the playoffs this year. Most playoff wins on the road for a player at his age in NFL history. Beat Manning and Brady 2X on the road and is in the SB.

Pretty good?

You were saying?ROFL

keg in kc 01-21-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9339331)
I know this won't be popular but, I'm saying he's not as good as most of the other recent QBs who skipped the Senior Bowl IMO. It is going to be a mistake. This QB class is weak imo. There are a ton of people who feel that way. Hell, there is even a thread here today about the possibility of Cassel being the starter next year. That should tell us something...

It absolutely should tell us something: that nobody has a clue.

And I don't mean that in a mean "people are stupid" way (although plenty are). I mean that in a "nobody actually has any idea what the Chiefs are going to do, nobody has any idea what NFL front office people and scouts actually think about Smith, nobody has any idea what's going to happen in February and March with workouts and interviews, and nobody has any idea what's going to happen in April when KC's on the board" way.

Everything is speculation and opinion. And should be treated as such. Your "this QB class is weak imo" means no more or less than my "this QB class is actually no weaker than any other non-luck/non-griffin class of recent history". Because in the end they're both just opinions.

RealSNR 01-21-2013 03:25 PM

Why didn't Ryan Tannehill or RGIII play in the Senior Bowl?

RealSNR 01-21-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339350)
8 TD's/0 INT's in the playoffs this year. Most playoff wins on the road in NFL history. Beat Manning and Brady 2X on the road and is in the SB.

Pretty good?

You were saying?ROFL

Joe Flacco isn't elite, dipshit. Pretty good is fair for him.

And I just showed you what most Senior Bowl QBs end up being: garbage.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9339348)
He's skipping it because his stock is as high as it can get.

Pretty much EXACTLY what we've been saying all along.

BigCatDaddy 01-21-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9339352)

What is "Because they were projected as 1st rounders Alex"?

keg in kc 01-21-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9339348)
In Geno's case he is being advised to skip the senior bowl because he is not the hands down #1 pick. The senior bowl could hurt Geno's stock bad imo. That's why he was advised not to go.

That...opinion. Proves the point I just made. What are you basing that on? Is that what you believe? Is that what somebody told you? Or is that word directly from Geno or his agent?

Because if it's an opinion, you're stating it like it's a fact...

Rambozo 01-21-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9339351)
It absolutely should tell us something: that nobody has a clue.

And I don't mean that in a mean "people are stupid" way (although plenty are). I mean that in a "nobody actually has any idea what the Chiefs are going to do, nobody has any idea what NFL front office people and scouts actually think about Smith, nobody has any idea what's going to happen in February and March with workouts and interviews, and nobody has any idea what's going to happen in April when KC's on the board" way.

Everything is speculation and opinion. And should be treated as such. Your "this QB class is weak imo" means no more or less than my "this QB class is actually no weaker than any other non-luck/non-griffin class of recent history". Because in the end they're both just opinions.

You are right to an extent. However, Geno skipping the senior bowl is very telling imo. Please note I always say in my opinion guys.

RunKC 01-21-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9339352)

RG3 wasn't eligible. Red shirt Jr bullshit rule. Tannehill had a broken foot.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9339357)

Prior to the Senior Bowl, RG3 was being projected in the 10th pick range.

He skipped the Senior Bowl.

And yet he went #2 overall. How did that happen?

:hmmm:

keg in kc 01-21-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339362)

He would'a been #1 if he'd gone!

Slacker.

Rambozo 01-21-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Do you think Geno has the potential that RGIII did?

BigCatDaddy 01-21-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9339366)
Do you think Geno has the potential that RGIII does?

That's like asking if Kaepernick has the potential of Tom Brady. They are just 2 different animals.

RunKC 01-21-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

RG3 didn't skip the Senior Bowl. JFC do people not remember last year?

http://www.redskinshogheaven.com/201...-prevails.html

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339376)
RG3 didn't skip the Senior Bowl. JFC do people not remember last year?

http://www.redskinshogheaven.com/201...-prevails.html

He wasn't eligible to play.

The result is the same - he didn't play.

Yet his stock went UP.

He did the impossible!

the Talking Can 01-21-2013 03:35 PM

hey guys, mayock said all 3 years of Geno's game tape evaporated when he didn't show up to the senior bowl....

meanwhile, without a real snap having been played since the end of the season, we know that [insert name here] is rising up mayock's 'behaves as i command' list....

meanwhile Geno participates in a drive by....

RealSNR 01-21-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9339357)

In that case, Tyler Wilson should not be playing in this game.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

To be a dynamic playmaker? No.

To contribute to a championship winning team? Yes.

To be able to get through a 16-game season and play for more than 6-7 years? ABSO-****ING-LUTELY.

keg in kc 01-21-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Absolutely, as a pocket passer, yes.

He does not have Griffin's open field speed or agility, but he's every bit as polished a player as Griffin was between the tackles (and between the ears).

And that's no slant on Griffin. That part of his game is still undervalued to this day. Everybody loves the running. But he's got the tools to be a great pocket QB.

Geno is I think very similar in terms of the variety of throws he can make, his sense in the pocket, the way he reads defenses, the strength of his arm, etc. The thing he can't do is turn a broken play into a 30-yard run. Although he's more mobile than people realize.

the Talking Can 01-21-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339382)

Yet his stock went UP.

He did the impossible!

no good QB in the NFL has ever not played in the Senor Bowl (spanish spelling)...

all gang members have skipped it, though

Rambozo 01-21-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9339372)
That's like asking if Kaepernick has the potential of Tom Brady. They are just 2 different animals.

We are talking about potential and I disagree. I think it is a valid point because none of the experts think there is anyone close to RGIII in this class in terms of potential. In fact, people constantly say Geno is not like those guys in terms of potential. If RGIII had been elidgible for the senior bowl, no one would have ever batted an eye at him skipping it.

RunKC 01-21-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339382)

Yet his stock went UP.

He did the impossible!

Not being eligible is not the same as being eligible to play and not going anyway.

keg in kc 01-21-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9339395)
We are talking about potential and I disagree. I think it is a valid point because none of the experts think there is anyone close to RGIII in this class in terms of potential. If RGIII had been elidgible for the senior bowl, no one would have ever batted an eye at him skipping it.

The thing that people fail to grasp is that "none of the experts think there is anyone close to RG3 in this class" is not the same thing as "none of the experts think there is anybody worth the #1 in this class".

There's a lot of skewed weighting going on. And Smith is not measured against RG3 or Luck or anyone else from last year. He's measured against people in this class.

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2013 03:40 PM

Tyler Wilson fan boi's are ****ing reeruned.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339396)
Not being eligible is not the same as being eligible to play and not going anyway.

He didn't play. His stock went up.

HOW DID HE DO IT?!?!?!?!?

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9339404)
The thing that people fail to grasp is that "none of the experts think there is anyone close to RG3 in this class" is not the same thing as "none of the experts think there is anybody worth the #1 in this class".

There's a lot of skewed weighting going on. And Smith is not measured against RG3 or Luck or anyone else from last year. He's measured against people in this class.

And it's not being applied evenly.

I haven't seen a SINGLE person say "Can't draft Luke Joeckel #1 overall, he's no Joe Thomas".

Even though it's COMPLETELY TRUE.

the Talking Can 01-21-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9339404)

no one, expert and fan, last year was pimping "RG3" at this time last year...

they concern trolling him...just like they are smith in this thread

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9339405)
Tyler Wilson fan boi's are ****ing reeruned.

Really? Explain...