ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Who made Poison a Rock\Metal icon? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=199603)

petegz28 01-02-2009 09:18 AM

Who made Poison a Rock\Metal icon?

Ok, so I am flipping channels the other night and hit "metal mania" on Vh1 right? All the sudden I see this video of Posion doing some song and of course, they look nothing like the bundle of stickss they did in the 80's where they wore more makup than most women. It was a performance they were doing at a party and man they sounded like shit. So then last night during my channel flipping, I see Brett Michaels doing a TV ad for Time\Life Music for rock hits of the 80's or whatever. Once again I am ready to sling the remote at the TV for someone even aknowledging these peter-puffers, let alone making them out to be something they were the exact opposite of.

So Brett Michaels puts on a cowboy hat that is rolled up on the sides, takes on the Vince Neil biker look and all the sudden Poison is an icon of the 80's? These are the same bundle of stickss that named themselves "Riki Rachet, Bobbi Dahl, C.C. DeVille"???? The same guys who drew a double take on their album cover because you could not believe a guy would intentionally put on that much makeup and hairspray and not call himself a crossdresser?!

What a shame to see what was a good era of music being represented by the same ass-bundle of stickss that brought it down.

Someone please, stop this madness!!!!

seclark 01-02-2009 09:21 AM

i agree, but every rose has it's thorn.
sec

Mecca 01-02-2009 09:21 AM

Poison was a pretty popular act in the 80's.....you should probably accept that they were a big seller and a staple of that era.

BigChiefFan 01-02-2009 09:21 AM

Hey you don't need nothin' but a good time.

petegz28 01-02-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5349083)
Poison was a pretty popular act in the 80's.....you should probably accept that they were a big seller and a staple of that era.

They are of the ilk that ruined metal as it was.

BigRedChief 01-02-2009 09:25 AM

People that lived the history don't get to write that history. It's not about quality its about quanity of sales for some.

And remember that VH-1 has a big stake in promoting Brett Michaels. His Rock of Love shows are some of the most watched cable shows evah. And who owns those shows? VH-1 and Bret Michaels.

Baby Lee 01-02-2009 09:25 AM

Couldn't understand their popularity, them and Def Leppard [who were OK, but Jebus chicks creamed their acid washed for them]. I was more of a AC/DC, Nazareth, GnR, Maiden guy in HS

petegz28 01-02-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 5349097)
People that lived the history don't get to write that history. It's not about quality its about quanity of sales for some.

And remember that VH-1 has a big stake in promoting Brett Michaels. His Rock of Love shows are some of the most watched cable shows evah.

Rock of Love? Never heard of it. I am scared to even guess what it is.

petegz28 01-02-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5349099)
Couldn't understand their popularity, them and Def Leppard [who were OK, but Jebus chicks creamed their acid washed for them]. I was more of a AC/DC, Nazareth, GnR, Maiden guy in HS

Def Leppard actually kicked ass in their early days until the whole "Pour som sugar on me" crap.

Baby Lee 01-02-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5349102)

Alternate titles;
Bret macks on skanks. WT Flava of Love.

OmahaChief 01-02-2009 09:32 AM

Poison was a huge success in the late 80's. They are an Glam Metal Icon for sure.

Mecca 01-02-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5349089)
They are of the ilk that ruined metal as it was.

There are alot of people that still to this day loved the hair metal era.

petegz28 01-02-2009 09:32 AM

Brett Michales looks like a Vince Neil wanna-be, if you ask me. Only about 2 decades too late.

Baby Lee 01-02-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5349106)
Def Leppard actually kicked ass in their early days until the whole "Pour som sugar on me" crap.

I didn't hate DL, just shook my head at how wet they made chicks. Kind of like meeting a group of girls who have posters of Jason Alexander in their bedroom. You're like, 'he's a decent actor, but give me a break already.'

Ebolapox 01-02-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5349102)

it's where chicks cream their pants and yell BRAWTT over and over until he lets them ride on the back of his motorcycle. it's a buncha fake titted women vying for the fake affection of a disfigured himbo (complete with fake teeth and wig)