ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jake O'Connell to the IR. Promote OL Rich Ranglin from PS. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266731)

Crush 11-18-2012 12:33 AM

It truly is the end of an era.

DaneMcCloud 11-18-2012 01:23 AM

Worse than losing Moeaki, Berry and Charles in 2011.

I'm not sure the Chiefs will win another game in 2012 without him.

Chiefspants 11-18-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9126374)
Meh. 7th round pick, he gets a lot of undeserved grief. Yeah, he sucks...but so does every other 7th round pick minus about 1%

So why is he on the team?

DaneMcCloud 11-18-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9127603)
So why is he on the team?

Duh

BossChief 11-18-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9126374)
Meh. 7th round pick, he gets a lot of undeserved grief. Yeah, he sucks...but so does every other 7th round pick minus about 1%

definitely hootie

Hootie 11-18-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9127617)
definitely hootie

do you honestly disagree...

there are way more successful UDFA in the NFL than 6th/7th round picks

agree or disagree?

Hootie 11-18-2012 03:35 AM

people were outraged we traded a future 7th for Jake O'Connell...I'd like for someone to tell me what player was drafted with that future 7th and if he played more games than Jake O'Connell...I think O'Connell is a worthless sack of shit but I have a feeling that future 7th player was an equal worthless sack of dookie as well.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-18-2012 03:44 AM

I agree with you that more undrafted players make a mark in the league than 6th and 7th rounders. Could you imagine if they were still going to the 13th round like they used too? Christ. They already can't figure it out beforehand after about the 4th round. I honestly wouldn't care if they cut the draft down even further. Just let guys get on undrafted. Honestly you may see more out of them that way. It's pretty shitty to be drafted a team where not only do you not have a real chance at doing anything, but you also aren't going to make a ****ing penny in the process of it.

BossChief 11-18-2012 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9127683)
do you honestly disagree...

there are way more successful UDFA in the NFL than 6th/7th round picks

agree or disagree?

You misunderstood my post.

I just knew it was you the second I read you saying 1% of 7th rounders make it. I had read you post that many times in the past...I wasn't disagreeing with you at all.

Chiefspants 11-18-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9127684)
people were outraged we traded a future 7th for Jake O'Connell...I'd like for someone to tell me what player was drafted with that future 7th and if he played more games than Jake O'Connell...I think O'Connell is a worthless sack of shit but I have a feeling that future 7th player was an equal worthless sack of dookie as well.

I think the outrage lies moreso in the fact that this "worthless sack of dookie" has lingered on the team for four ineffective years.

But yet again, the same exact thing could be said about Matt Cassel.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-18-2012 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9127690)
I think the outrage lies moreso in the fact that this "worthless sack of dookie" has lingered on the team for four ineffective years.

But yet again, the same exact thing could be said about Matt Cassel.

7TH ROUND DRAFT PICK! We loves em.

Rasputin 11-18-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9126833)
And Matt Cassel lives.

:sulk:

Hootie 11-18-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9127688)
You misunderstood my post.

I just knew it was you the second I read you saying 1% of 7th rounders make it. I had read you post that many times in the past...I wasn't disagreeing with you at all.

This site will always have the misconception when it comes to draft picks...4th-7th round picks are just lottery picks...

People rag on Kendrick Lewis, and I realize he's far from great...but the dude was a 5th rounder and he's made plays in the NFL and starts...and when surrounded by talent (Carr, Flowers, healthy Berry of two years ago) he was pretty effective...

I hate Scott Pioli but you can't say Kendrick Lewis wasn't a great pick considering he was a 5th round pick.

Shit, I'd be happier with Kendrick Lewis #3 overall in 2009 than Tyson ****ing Jackson.

Which is why trading Dwayne Bowe for anything less than a top 15 pick would just be flat out disgusting...we're talking about a WR with more talent than 95% of the receivers in the NFL...a guy who produces with Matt Cassel as his QB. Are we watching Demaryius Thomas this year? Sure, the dude has flashed in the past...that playoff catch and run last year was fantastic. But what happens? He gets a great QB and now he's suddenly a top 5 WR in the NFL.

WHICH BRINGS ME BACK TO MY PEYTON MANNING/TOM BRADY ARGUMENT...

Remember when everyone was all like "omg Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne are soooo much better than Brady's weapons!"

Remember last year when Curtis Painter was Reggie Wayne's QB and suddenly Reggie Wayne was "washed up?"

Here is a simple NFL fact that people seem to overlook on this board, and I call it the Eddie Kennison/Marvin Harrison theory:

A WR's success and his ability to look...good is A DIRECT CORRELATION with the QB throwing him the ball.

Am I disappointed with Jon Baldwin? Sure. Do I have any idea if he's any good or not? No, not one bit. Why? Because Cassel makes two ****ing reads...Bowe, and if no Bowe, McCluster.

What would Bowe, Baldwin (and hell even McCluster) look like with Peyton and the Peyton offense? I have a feeling we'd all be like..."oh wow that Jon Baldwin sure was a super pick!"

but we have no ****ing clue because Pioli couldn't even give us Kyle ****ing Orton for crying out loud.