ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   An open apology (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=53132)

Phobia 03-03-2003 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BrainCase
Can we start a poll to try and guess who did it? I know who I'd vote for...
I don't even think you'd be able to populate the poll with the correct choice. I was surprised and that's part of why I'll STFU about it. The other part is Mr. Griffith's desire to move on. I think everybody deserves a second chance. I know I'd be screwed if I hadn't been afforded many in my life.

chief mohawk 03-03-2003 04:19 PM

i'm glad to be on your side my fellow planeters.:toast:

58Forever 03-03-2003 04:20 PM

Geez, I go away for a while and you guys are getting people fired from their jobs...harsh, way harsh.,..;) :p

What did AH do, besides calling KC a cesspool, that was so bad?

Phobia 03-03-2003 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Baby Lee
How, praytell is this individual learning a lesson? Is this someone whose insights we'll not be enjoying for a while? Did Griff's employer b!tchslap him or her back?
I'm hoping and feel fairly confident that they will feel some degree of guilt about failure to recognize the "line" in BB fun. Hopefully, they'll recognize that line in the future.

Bearcat 03-03-2003 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pHoBiA
Alright, he's not lying.

Somebody really did email his office - I'm not going to post the name of the regular who chose to do this, but I hope that they have learned a lesson as well.

Dan Griffith wants to move on and we do, too. Wish it would have turned out better, though.

You'll always be welcome at this board, AmericanHero. I hope you'll come back to chat football when everything blows over.

Wow... I'm really surprised. I figured you found the name of the company, and picked a name out of a hat, and AH just feared the footsteps.... I didn't think their was a good chance it was actually him.

That is crossing a line though..... I wonder if this person is a repeat offender?

Chiefnj 03-03-2003 04:30 PM

I'm probably alone in this opinion, but I think the person who contacted the trolls employer should be banned from the board. He/she crossed a line that should never be crossed.

KCinNY 03-03-2003 04:30 PM

Griffith is a punk.

But emailing the boss is way out of bounds.

ChiTown 03-03-2003 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiefnj
I'm probably alone in this opinion, but I think the person who contacted the trolls employer should be banned from the board. He/she crossed a line that should never be crossed.
Nope, you aren't alone.

While I think AHole is a dumb a$$ of biblical proportion, I don't think his boss should have been contacted. Intimating that we could do just that, should have been excrutiating enough for him.

Chi
~has officially seen it all at the Chiefsplanet

Baby Lee 03-03-2003 04:33 PM

Quote:

I don't get into the practice of recommending banning, but this is about as bad an offense as I can conjure.

Over-Head 03-03-2003 04:53 PM

Well he did say i'm sorry AFTER he got his dick shoved half way down his throat...but all in all.BAD BAD BAD thing to do..espeically here!:eek:
Hope he does come back actually...give's the BB yet "another" demention of sorts.
But who ever contacted his employer went wayyyyyyyy to far!:grr:
Leave the Mod jaz to Phob's and Co.
Smaque is one thing,,,playing room enforcer is another!
:cuss:
IMO All that person did was figured he could't slap the new kid around enough,,,so he said,,"Sure i'll be a perfect lil script kiddie"..I'l do somthng really childish....JUST CUZ I CAN...then wen't back to sucking his thumb:huh:

KC Jones 03-03-2003 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by KCinNY
Griffith is a punk.

But emailing the boss is way out of bounds.

I'll second that. For that reason and others I'm careful about letting my personal info be known on this or any board. I think it's in pretty bad form to post someone else's personal info even if it is publicly available information. It could be used in many different ways, including identity theft.

DaWolf 03-03-2003 04:59 PM

Quote:

Agreed. That is way beyond stupid...

stevieray 03-03-2003 05:00 PM

What the hell went on here today?

papasmurf 03-03-2003 05:01 PM

I go to work for a few hours and look at all the shit you kids get yourselves into.:spank:

Bearcat 03-03-2003 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by stevieray

Umm.....eerrrrr... nothing, nothing at all o:-)

Just don't look under the carpet, okay?

DanT 03-03-2003 05:04 PM

Damn, that's harsh. Kinda reminds me of that scene in Deal of the Century where Gregory Hines responds to the petty thuggery of a gang of young hoodlums by pulling a flamethrower from the back of his car and firing their vehicle up. In other words, it's kinda funny. Still, it's harsh. But it's funny. It's funny in a harsh kind of way. Or, if you prefer, harsh in a funny kind of way. Oh well, too bad, so sad, tee-hee.

DanT 03-03-2003 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by stevieray
Some Philadelphia Lawyer came onto the board talking crap. His personal info was revealed to the board. We made sport of it. At least one of us contacted the dude's boss. The dude apologized sometime after the personal info got revealed. It's unclear whether the apology came before or after the dude's boss was contacted.

Chiefnj 03-03-2003 05:08 PM

DanT,

I think you left out the part where some members of the Planet first went to an Eagle's board to talk smaque about signing Barber. A troll then followed them back to the Planet.

Brock 03-03-2003 05:08 PM

He was really sorry. After being nailed to the Tree of Woe, that is.

stevieray 03-03-2003 05:09 PM

Wow. Thanks, Dan.....harsh in a funny kind of way.

That is pretty uncool though, you don't mess with a mans job.

Radar Chief 03-03-2003 05:10 PM

Good reason just to stay the **** out of chit like this.

DanT 03-03-2003 05:13 PM

Quote:

DanT,

I think you left out the part where some members of the Planet first went to an Eagle's board to talk smaque about signing Barber. A troll then followed them back to the Planet.

Sorry, I didn't know that. I came onto the board well after the incident got underway. I should have stated that I only know part of the story. Thanks for the additional info, Chiefnj.

I just hope that it'll all end up like in that Office Max commercial where the boss and the underling will one day just look back at the whole fiasco and laugh and laugh.

Fat Elvis 03-03-2003 05:14 PM

Quote:

I don't get into the practice of recommending banning, but this is about as bad an offense as I can conjure.

Baby Lee, I just gotta say that I love your pic in your sig.....

papasmurf 03-03-2003 05:15 PM

I don't know what this guy said and don't really care. This is a place to come to have fun with other chief and football fans. Messing with a man job is taboo. I consider this a black day in chiefplanet history.

Baby Lee 03-03-2003 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fat Elvis

Baby Lee, I just gotta say that I love your pic in your sig.....

Is that the old one, or the new one?

Brock 03-03-2003 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by papasmurf
I consider this a black day in chiefplanet history.

:rolleyes:

humorisnotdead 03-03-2003 05:25 PM

Quote:

I think everybody deserves a second chance.

I don't know if I can agree with that comment.

Fat Elvis 03-03-2003 05:28 PM

Quote:

Is that the old one, or the new one?

The dangler....

Baby Lee 03-03-2003 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fat Elvis

The dangler....

That's really helpful. My previous sig had the 'mad dangler' in front of a bull in bullfighter gear, using the baby as a cape.

Mr. Kotter 03-03-2003 05:52 PM

Well...

Quote:

I don't know what this guy said and don't really care. This is a place to come to have fun with other chief and football fans. Messing with a man job is taboo. I consider this a black day in chiefplanet history.
I agree messing with sending his boss an e-mail was going too far....:huh: :eek:

However, the dude wasn't the brightest bulb in the gallery---coming on here and "leaving a business card" as TJ said...

;)

DenverChief 03-03-2003 05:52 PM

I'm Curious, how did his boss know it was him?...I mean couldn't someone as easily copy and pasted an Ernie Conwell or Recount post and sent it to him?:spock:

jAZ 03-03-2003 06:08 PM

i completely agree...

DenverChief 03-03-2003 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Go_Bo_Go
hadn't really thought about it til i read this thread,
I think this just about sums it up

Quote:

Originally posted by MrBlond
I say fug this guy. He didnt come here running rival smack. He came here trolling. Calling names, insulting the city and team. And he got busted down by the same group of idiots he tried to roll. Then he whines: "I thought it was in good fun" Bullshit. He never gave and took. He posted his crap and then moved on starting another thread of crap. This guy is the very definition of troll and I have no sympathy for him.

Was emailing his boss too far? Maybe, but I really don't give a fug.

Was it the reaction he expected? Probably not, but he had to expect a reaction. And if he is too stupid to poke a bear and not cover his ass then shame on him for getting bit.

Brock 03-03-2003 06:11 PM

The a-hole got what he deserved.

DenverChief 03-03-2003 06:11 PM

On another note when you get busted by the cops by making an ass of yourself, these things tend to get back to your boss esp. if you are an attorney...he should have known better IMO....that still doesn't excuse the email...but still....

whoman69 03-03-2003 06:24 PM

I think this problem clearly shows that e-mail addresses and other such pertinent info should be taken off as an option. Only the mods should be able to e-mail to other members. The smoke signal option is good for short messages. If two planet members wish to exchange e-mail addresses they can do so thru a smoke signal. Too many times we have had idiots abusing e-mail and spamming members. The information highway is a place people can get hit in a hurry.

DenverChief 03-03-2003 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by whoman69
I think this problem clearly shows that e-mail addresses and other such pertinent info should be taken off as an option. Only the mods should be able to e-mail to other members. The smoke signal option is good for short messages. If two planet members wish to exchange e-mail addresses they can do so thru a smoke signal. Too many times we have had idiots abusing e-mail and spamming members. The information highway is a place people can get hit in a hurry.
The email was collected from his jobs webpage...not Chiefsplanet....just to clarify

JimNasium 03-03-2003 07:16 PM

What it all boils down to is that some idiot (namely me) went to the Iggles BB and lured this poor, hapless, brainless sap over here so he could get rolled by a bunch of meanie Chiefs fans. Ultimately I am responsible for this tragedy and I believe I should be banned. Who's with me?:D

JOhn 03-03-2003 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JimNasium
What it all boils down to is that some idiot (namely me) went to the Iggles BB and lured this poor, hapless, brainless sap over here so he could get rolled by a bunch of meanie Chiefs fans. Ultimately I am responsible for this tragedy and I believe I should be banned. Who's with me?:D
STFU & STFD

Oh and here have a beer

JimNasium 03-03-2003 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JOhn

STFU & STFD

Oh and here have a beer

ROFL

papasmurf 03-03-2003 07:30 PM

Quote:

I knew yu were trouoble.

KcMizzou 03-03-2003 07:32 PM

Quote:

eh, works for me. *shrug* :p

JimNasium 03-03-2003 07:33 PM

Quote:

I knew yu were trouoble.

So would this be a "yes, ban the idiot Nasium" or "no, keep him around for the masses to toy with?"

Frazod 03-03-2003 07:34 PM

I've personally never understood the fascination with going to other teams' BBs and fucking with them. I have engaged in very minor smaque on the Drain, but, of course, 3/4ths of the Drain members post over here anyway. I'd be surprised if I've posted over there more than 15 times.

I'm a Chiefs fan. This is my domain, and I don't really give a shit about anyone else's.

JimNasium 03-03-2003 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by frazod
I've personally never understood the fascination with going to other teams' BBs and fucking with them. I have engaged in very minor smaque on the Drain, but, of course, 3/4ths of the Drain members post over here anyway. I'd be surprised if I've posted over there more than 15 times.

I'm a Chiefs fan. This is my domain, and I don't really give a shit about anyone else's.

Actually, just to clarify, I did not go over there and talk smaque. I went over and asked questions about Barber and a few others went over to inquire about Douglas.

Frazod 03-03-2003 07:43 PM

Quote:

Actually, just to clarify, I did not go over there and talk smaque. I went over and asked questions about Barber and a few others went over to inquire about Douglas.

And you got immediately dogpiled, or what?

JimNasium 03-03-2003 07:44 PM

Here's the thread in question

conjureman 03-03-2003 07:44 PM

Quote:

ok jimbo: let's have a look at the bait?? :$2500:

LVNHACK 03-03-2003 07:46 PM

Quote:

Here's the thread in question

Won't let me in..........:evil: :evil: :evil:

JimNasium 03-03-2003 07:46 PM

Quote:

And you got immediately dogpiled, or what?

No, a few were pissy but a couple answered my questions. I was joking about luring them over here intentionally.

LVNHACK 03-03-2003 07:49 PM

IMO today was some funny $hit........ That dude got a$$ raped

Frazod 03-03-2003 07:51 PM

Quote:

No, a few were pissy but a couple answered my questions. I was joking about luring them over here intentionally.

So what happened to make this guy come over here and start blasting?

And I would add, Jim, that your reputation as a fucking troublemaker precedes you..... :D

JimNasium 03-03-2003 07:54 PM

Quote:

And I would add, Jim, that your reputation as a fucking troublemaker precedes you..... :D

I think he got pissed and saw the Planet url on one of my posts and figured he would take it out on a bunch of simpleton Chiefs fans. I guess he had another thing coming.:eek: Oh, and look at my avatar Fraz. How can a face like that be a trouble maker?:LOL:

Frazod 03-03-2003 07:58 PM

Quote:

I think he got pissed and saw the Planet url on one of my posts and figured he would take it out on a bunch of simpleton Chiefs fans. I guess he had another thing coming.:eek: Oh, and look at my avatar Fraz. How can a face like that be a trouble maker?:LOL:

Yeah, you're as innocent as Madonna. :rolleyes:

KcMizzou 03-03-2003 08:01 PM

Quote:

a few headed over there this morning to rub in the barber signing. He came back here to launch a counter-attack (the way I understood it)

JimNasium 03-03-2003 08:01 PM

Quote:

Yeah, you're as innocent as Madonna. :rolleyes:

:evil:

Frazod 03-03-2003 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by KcMizzou
a few headed over there this morning to rub in the barber signing. He came back here to launch a counter-attack (the way I understood it)
Well, again, I just don't understand why anyone would bother. But that's me.

This guy certainly seems like a jerk, but if he really does lose his job over this crap, I hope he doesn't have a wife and/or kids who will suffer because of it.

Otter 03-03-2003 08:35 PM

Holy cow...

If you guys want, I'm only about an hour from Philly. I could drive down and kick his dog.

LVNHACK 03-03-2003 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Otter
Holy cow...

If you guys want, I'm only about an hour from Philly. I could drive down and kick his dog.

Otter....... that dog was kicked all over cyber space already.....no reason to waste your time ;)

Wile_E_Coyote 03-03-2003 08:49 PM

those first 13 posts must have been really special AH

hmmm...AH

Ultra Peanut 03-03-2003 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Wile_E_Coyote
those first 13 posts must have been really special AH
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=33637

E-mailing the ****wad's boss is over the line, yeah, but I can't say I feel too sorry for him. Don't do the crime if you don't want to get the shit kicked out of you.

Frazod 03-03-2003 09:15 PM

The more I think about this, the worse I feel. E-mailing this guy's boss was just wrong. Big time. Suppose this guy loses his job. What if he has a family? Jobs are hard to come by these days. Do they deserve to suffer because he was a dick on a football BB? Does he? Many of us here (myself included) have fired off similar shit at various times at various people for various reasons. I'm not fit to judge this guy, although I basically did earlier in another thread. I shouldn't have.

Anybody who would fuck with my livelihood in such a manner better pray I couldn't track them down.

LVNHACK 03-03-2003 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Psicosis

E-mailing the ****wad's boss is over the line, yeah, but I can't say I feel too sorry for him. Don't do the crime if you don't want to get the shit kicked out of you.

Dude you should have been here.......... You humbled me so bad in my first month I almost went to nepa......... arsehole ;)

Delano 03-03-2003 09:17 PM

BB smaque should stay on the BB.

-summarizing the consensus.

LVNHACK 03-03-2003 09:20 PM

Quote:

The more I think about this, the worse I feel. E-mailing this guy's boss was just wrong. Big time. Suppose this guy loses his job. What if he has a family? Jobs are hard to come by these days. Do they deserve to suffer because he was a dick on a football BB? Does he? Many of us here (myself included) have fired off similar shit at various times at various people for various reasons. I'm not fit to judge this guy, although I basically did earlier in another thread. I shouldn't have.

Anybody who would fuck with my livelihood in such a manner better pray I couldn't track them down.

I may agree that the e mail was too much....... I don't know, I do know what there rules are if we had access...... He's grown man and made his bed noone forced him to come here and talk $hit....... when he called the mods out, he got steam rolled...... he didn't lose his job the best thing to do is ask phob's they emailed one another.........

Wile_E_Coyote 03-03-2003 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Psicosis

Thank You from all us who missed it

morphius 03-03-2003 09:45 PM

Fraz - I'm right there with you. Its bad enough we have the nameless weasel from other BB's doing this to our posters, but then we turn around and to the same thing.

I can't of anything to say other then I'm truly both saddened and disappointed. We have had a lot of people post smack on their first day here and then later become solid BB citizens.

Morphius
suprised

Frazod 03-03-2003 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by morphius
Fraz - I'm right there with you. Its bad enough we have the nameless weasel from other BB's doing this to our posters, but then we turn around and to the same thing.

I can't of anything to say other then I'm truly both saddened and disappointed. We have had a lot of people post smack on their first day here and then later become solid BB citizens.

Morphius
suprised

That's a good point. It is sad that things degenerated the way they did. Not a proud day for the Planet, IMO... :huh:

LVNHACK 03-03-2003 09:55 PM

Fraz & Morp....... You guys have been here from the begining, and I respect that, maybe the email to the guys work was wrong and phobia knows who it was and will handle it as he see's fit. But when this guy started slinging crap his mind set was I'm gonna fugg with a bunch of hicks....... That's the east coast mentality I know I was raised there, he got beat down, I see it as no poor reflection on the planet

Frazod 03-03-2003 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LVNHACK
Fraz & Morp....... You guys have been here from the begining, and I respect that, maybe the email to the guys work was wrong and phobia knows who it was and will handle it as he see's fit. But when this guy started slinging crap his mind set was I'm gonna fugg with a bunch of hicks....... That's the east coast mentality I know I was raised there, he got beat down, I see it as no poor reflection on the planet
I have no problem with beating some smug east coast prick down. It is a moral imperative... :D

But messing with his job, that's just wrong. That crossed the line.

Fat Elvis 03-03-2003 09:59 PM

Fuggin with someone's job is a Wilkes-Barre, PA type of thing. I'd like to think that we're better than that.

LVNHACK 03-03-2003 10:01 PM

Quote:

I have no problem with beating some smug east coast prick down. It is a moral imperative... :D

But messing with his job, that's just wrong. That crossed the line.

He knew what he was getting into when HE fired the first round at the planet, team, and city from the job........You put your dick out there it may get smacked.......remember he came here.... he could have waited....... When you let your feelings do your thinking your probably gonna fugg up

morphius 03-03-2003 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LVNHACK
I have always been a "What happens on the BB, stays on the BB.", I could meet anyone of you, no matter how often we argued on the BB I would never hold a grudge to you personally. I tried to get Packfan to come to a couple things, but he was always too afraid, even when I said I would throw down if anyone tried to do anything.

I hate the East coast as much as the next guy, but this is still just a BB and name calling is nothing but words. I'm all for beating him down, he deserved it 1000%. But nobody should fear their job because they stopped here to have some fun.

I'm sure who ever did it feels pretty guilty, I doubt the admins will do anything. I hope next time the guy just trys to get the guy banned, it isn't that difficult.

Morphius
Still at a loss for words.

Taco John 03-03-2003 10:14 PM

Boy, sucks to lose your job over some football smack, eh?

The guy was playing with fire... Who knew there was a powder keg here waiting for him...

Oh well... It wasnt my job.

LVNHACK 03-03-2003 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Taco John

The guy was playing with fire... Who knew there was a powder keg here waiting for him...

That's right I forgot you were year....... You said you'd have banned him........

JOhn 03-03-2003 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Taco John

Damm I ahte it when you say shit I agree with. :rolleyes:

memyselfI 03-03-2003 10:28 PM

'I have always been a "What happens on the BB, stays on the BB.", I could meet anyone of you, no matter how often we argued on the BB I would never hold a grudge to you personally.'- Morph

****I can confirm this is the total truth in regards to Morph. The two times we met I could not believe he was the same guy I wanted to cyberstrangle. ;)

'but this is still just a BB and name calling is nothing but words. I'm all for beating him down, he deserved it 1000%. But nobody should fear their job because they stopped here to have some fun.

I'm sure who ever did it feels pretty guilty, I doubt the admins will do anything. I hope next time the guy just trys to get the guy banned, it isn't that difficult.'- Morph

:toast: ****Agreed.

I hope its just the off season because the direction of this board of late has been downright depressing...

personal attacks instead of responding to the actual posts, hurling anti-American insults at people, suggesting the removal of members who do not post (guess free speech is mandatory on this board. Speak or be free... :rolleyes: ) and now following a member off the board and locating their personal info with a malicious intent...cyberstalking.

I hope its just the offseason and this board gets back to its senses when the season kicks off. :grr:

alanm 03-03-2003 11:49 PM

I took the day off today so I got to witness the whole thing. The guy came over from the Eagles board cause he was pissed that they lost Barber to us. Of course he ran down Barber saying how we overpaid for him. And a lot of other lame general inuendo about the midwest. ie. stupid, toothless, uneducated ect.ect.ect. The usual trailor trash crap.. And then he called out the Mods and called them bundle of sticksy. And all of us HICKS!!! I can handle it when they abuse the Mods and call them bundle of sticksy:D But he call us hicks. He crossed the line there. Then someone who shall remain nameless traced his IP and found out who he was and posted his picture and relevant info here for all to peruse.(Not me) Then it got a little out of hand. I was all for slamming the guy and having some fun. But whoever wrote the guys boss was wrong. Otherwise it was entertaining.

Phobia 03-03-2003 11:51 PM

The guy got his hand slapped by his boss. Obviously, he wasn't fired or even in severe trouble because he continued to monitor the board from work after his boss received the email. You needn't worry that he's going to be fired.

Here's what happened.

He registered and started 9 or 10 topics about how stupid everything associated with the Chiefs, KC, and this board was....

Then he started a thread about how stupid the Planet's admins were.

Then I got online about an hour later and checked his registration. Moron registered from his actual work email address. From that, I found his full name. I posted a Thread calling him out by name and asked him to cool it and talk football. The mob took it from there and really, really embarrassed him.

Then he started sending me email DEMANDING that I remove everything OR ELSE.

I informed him that he might ought to try using a little honey instead of vinegar and he posted this apology thread. Then I locked any thread containing his personal information.

I will not be sharing the identity of the person who sent the email to his boss. Suffice it to say, they feel badly and wanted to "out" themselves to the board, but I advised against doing so. They learned a lesson from it. Don't bother guessing who it is because it would take you 2000 tries. Slayer, it's not the same guy who did the Slayer spoof.

In the future, please don't email the trolls if their email addresses become available. I used his full name and it was effective. He stopped posting the spam immediately after seeing my post to him. Generally, I ban these people on site, but I thought it would be nice to hear the perspective of a Philly fan on the Barber signing. Too bad it ended badly.

Brock 03-03-2003 11:55 PM

Quote:

In the future, please don't email the trolls if their email addresses become available. I used his full name and it was effective. He stopped posting the spam immediately after seeing my post to him. Generally, I ban these people on site, but I thought it would be nice to hear the perspective of a Philly fan on the Barber signing. Too bad it ended badly.
Perhaps a private warning would have headed off the lynch mob. Not criticizing, just a suggestion.