ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Trip to the Deutschland (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150200)

Skyy God 10-19-2006 03:55 PM

Trip to the Deutschland

I'm considering going abroad next month with a friend to visit his roommate, who's studying for a semester in Hamburg.

I can't imagine there's much to do in Hamburg, so any ideas on other destinations for a 7 day trip? I was thinking Munich and Prague. Amerstdam seems relatively close, but I've already been.

FloridaMan88 10-19-2006 03:57 PM

If I were you I'd stay in Hamburg and get drunk for 7 days. They have great beer in Germany I hear

noa 10-19-2006 03:58 PM

Munich and Prague are both awesome. Prague is especially appealing because its cheap.
In Munich, do Mike's Bike Tours and you'll ride around the city and get drunk. If the weather is not agreeable, just head to the beer halls early.
In either city, you're going to get some of the best beer in the world. In Prague, you'll see some of the most beautiful women in the world.
If you have time for other places, I would also recommend choosing between Berlin and Budapest.
Enjoy the trip.

chagrin 10-19-2006 04:06 PM

Here is a cool website, I found very interesting ideas from both people who travelled to Finland (where I am going soon) and people who live there. It's a great community of travellers, people who travel all the time.

here
Go to the forums and select your destination

nbkc fan 10-19-2006 04:19 PM

Just got back from a whirlwind trip around Europe, including Prague, Munich and Amsterdam. Go to Prague. Rent an apartment (cheaper than hotels/hostels). Munich was fun, but we were there for Oktoberfest. Amsterdam was a blast(especially with what's legal there), but I only want to go back to Prague. The hottest women I have ever seen in my life were walking around Prague.

Braincase 10-19-2006 04:39 PM

Heidelberg! It's a college town. Have the Bitburger, hit the Irish pubs and meet the English speaking foreigners. Go to the Schloss and see the largest wine cask. Go to the fencing fraternity on campus, get a Heidelberg scar...

RealSNR 10-19-2006 05:01 PM

Hamburg is just a big city, really. Cologne has cool castles and cathedrals to visit. Berlin is full of cool things to do and Munich, well, enough said. Even if you want a "touristy" city, Stuttgart and Leipzig kick the crap out of Hamburg.

Skyy God 10-20-2006 06:46 PM

What about transportation? On my trip before last, I took Easy Jet from London back to Amsterdam and high-speed trains otherwise. Generally like 80 euro per leg. Train prices now seem outrageous, like 220 euros from Hamburg to Munich. And the Eurail pass doesn't apply to the Czeck Republic. What up?

PunkinDrublic 10-20-2006 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie
What about transportation? On my trip before last, I took Easy Jet from London back to Amsterdam and high-speed trains otherwise. Generally like 80 euro per leg. Train prices now seem outrageous, like 220 euros from Hamburg to Munich. And the Eurail pass doesn't apply to the Czeck Republic. What up?

I would recommend flying. Whenever I go to Europe I fly into a major city and then use one of the regional airlines. It can be cheaper than taking the rail. I've used Ryanair a couple of times and it worked out great. Just make sure you know where the airport is located because a lot of these airlines use smaller more obscure airports that sometimes are located outside of the city in bum**** Egypt. I've never used Easy Jet but if you reserve your flight early enough you can get a damn good price.

MichaelH 10-20-2006 07:22 PM

As previously said, visit Munich. I've never been there but I've heard it's a great city with lots of good sights and beer.

carlos3652 10-20-2006 09:06 PM

F'n expensive... Germany has great beer... Frankfurt is almost like a US city...

Have fun!

htismaqe 10-20-2006 09:15 PM

After Prague, Munich is probably the neatest city in Europe...

Helmet 10-21-2006 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie

Try
http://www32.germanwings.com/index.en.shtml for example.

You can fly from there to Munich, then take the train to Stuttgart (if you are into cars, definitely go to the new Mercedes-Benz Museum) and fly from Stuttgart to Prague.

I don't like Munich that much myself, being from Stuttgart , but well.. yeah,it's worth a visit.

Prague is absolutely awesome. Vienna is great too.

Rothenburg ob der Tauber is also worth a visit if you are into history and old towns and stuff...

htismaqe 10-21-2006 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmet
Try
http://www32.germanwings.com/index.en.shtml for example.

You can fly from there to Munich, then take the train to Stuttgart (if you are into cars, definitely go to the new Mercedes-Benz Museum) and fly from Stuttgart to Prague.

I don't like Munich that much myself, being from Stuttgart , but well.. yeah,it's worth a visit.

Prague is absolutely awesome. Vienna is great too.

Rothenburg ob der Tauber is also worth a visit if you are into history and old towns and stuff...

You're from Stuttgart?

I used to live in Schorndorf.

Helmet 10-21-2006 06:09 AM

yep. How come you lived in Schorndorf? I used to go there to the Nexus 6 on Sundays.