ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Tharold Simon Arrested (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272514)

Sorter 04-26-2013 11:09 AM

Tharold Simon Arrested

ROFL. Moron.
"Cornerback Tharold Simon expected to hear his name called from the Radio City Music Hall podium sometime on Saturday, but having it called by police on Thursday could get in the way of that.

Simon, who went to LSU, was arrested in Eunice, Louisiana and charged with public intimidation, resisting an officer and unnecessary noise violation. KATC-TV reports that a police report alleges an officer asked Simon to move his car and Simon responded by telling the officer “I own Eunice” and “you are gonna be mine” before eventually moving. The report goes on to say Simon “backed the vehicle in an aggressive manner” and turned the radio up while moving his car. Finally, Simon is accused of telling the officer that the mayor of Eunice was on his side and that the officer would be fired for writing him a ticket.

KATC-TV also spoke to the aforementioned mayor and Rusty Moody said that the town would go ahead with a ceremony proclaiming today “Tharold Simon” day in Eunice.

“In the United States, our justice system says everyone is innocent until proven guilty,” Moody said.

Indeed it does, but the NFL Draft doesn’t work the same way. Simon was projected to be a middle-round pick in this year’s draft and we’ll see whether this incident, which seems to show poor judgment more than criminal intent, has any impact on that status."

CleveSteve 04-26-2013 11:41 AM

wow. just... wow.

ForeverChiefs58 04-26-2013 12:26 PM

“20 witnesses” say Simon did nothing wrong

Posted by Mike Florio on April 26, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT

Instead of being drafted Thursday night, LSU cornerback Tharold Simon was arrested.

His agent, Peter Schaffer, says that Simon is innocent.

“I have spent the better part of the morning investigating this matter, including getting statements from over 20 witnesses,” Schaffer told PFT by phone. “The witnesses corroborate that Tharold did nothing wrong, certainly nothing illegal, and he acted with dignity and class throughout the entire ordeal. I am 100 percent certain that no charges will be filed. We are looking into pursuing a lawsuit against the office for violation of Tharold’s civil rights.

“I am appalled by the behavior of the Eunice, Louisiana police department.”

That may or may not be enough to boost Simon’s draft stock. If it’s not, Simon’s potential damages could include the money he would have made if the untimely blemish hadn’t pulled him down the board.

Predarat 04-26-2013 12:38 PM

SEC!

Coogs 04-26-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9631287)
turned the radio up while moving his car.

There is just no excuse for this type of behavior!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-26-2013 01:57 PM

Cop just had to get the last say. What a power trip.

Easy 6 04-26-2013 02:04 PM

Well, thats what he gets for being named "Tharold"

ForeverChiefs58 04-26-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9631942)
Well, thats what he gets for being named "Tharold"

I'm sure his parents tell people they named him after the angel in that song: "Hark, Tharold angels sing..."