ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ay' Keg... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112573)

Rausch 03-19-2005 04:23 AM

Ay' Keg...

You still up fathead?...

keg in kc 03-19-2005 04:24 AM

Yep.

Rausch 03-19-2005 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
Yep.

Email - virus coming...

keg in kc 03-19-2005 04:28 AM

'k

keg in kc 03-19-2005 04:34 AM

You ever have that feeling like you have this terrific story trying to get out, but you can't for the life of you figure out what the fuck it is? Man this is frustrating.

Rausch 03-19-2005 04:37 AM

Quote:

You ever have that feeling like you have this terrific story trying to get out, but you can't for the life of you figure out what the fuck it is? Man this is frustrating.

I've got a billion stories and not enough patience to follow them all through...

|Zach| 03-19-2005 04:37 AM

Stop flirting.

Rausch 03-19-2005 04:38 AM

Quote:

'k

"K" as in you got it and it's $#it or "K" as in you're waiting?...

keg in kc 03-19-2005 04:42 AM

I got it, sent a reply and something of my own. Not sure if you'll be able to open it or not...

Fire Me Boy! 03-19-2005 04:44 AM

keg, just looked at your profile... you're a video editor? is it strictly freelance or are you employed somewhere? i've been editing for a while now myself, just bought Avid Xpress Pro to learn the Avid system... been using Premiere for the past few years.

keg in kc 03-19-2005 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!
keg, just looked at your profile... you're a video editor? is it strictly freelance or are you employed somewhere? i've been editing for a while now myself, just bought Avid Xpress Pro to learn the Avid system... been using Premiere for the past few years.

Freelance is kind of a misnomer, I'm employed with a specific company doing a specific kind of work, but sometimes (very infrequently) do freelance jobs. I work on a very old system (discreet edit). I really only do it to pay the bills, I'm not passionate about it (at all), other than, of course, doing the best I can with the work I'm asked to do.

Fire Me Boy! 03-19-2005 04:51 AM

Quote:

Freelance is kind of a misnomer, I'm emplyed for a specific company, but sometimes (very infrequently) do freelance jobs. I work on a very old system (discreet edit). I really only do it to pay the bills, I'm not passionate about it (at all), other than, of course, doing the best I can with the work I'm asked to do.

Well that's too bad... I would kill to be an editor. I love to edit. It's just so much fun... of course, I realize it's kind of an acquired taste. I picked up the Avid to help myself get a job editing in the future... nobody seems to care that I'm very proficient with Premiere -- they only care about Avid. That sucks too, because if you can edit, you can edit... the rest is just pushing buttons. And Premiere and Avid are very closely related, it shouldn't take me very long at all to learn the Avid.

keg in kc 03-19-2005 04:57 AM

Quote:

Well that's too bad... I would kill to be an editor. I love to edit. It's just so much fun... of course, I realize it's kind of an acquired taste. I picked up the Avid to help myself get a job editing in the future... nobody seems to care that I'm very proficient with Premiere -- they only care about Avid. That sucks too, because if you can edit, you can edit... the rest is just pushing buttons. And Premiere and Avid are very closely related, it shouldn't take me very long at all to learn the Avid.

I taught myself how to work the system we use (with no prior experience at all in the field or any field related to it). I'm sure I could work on any system if they gave me a manual and a few days to get up to speed.

Don't get me wrong. It's good work for me, in terms of my personality. There's a lot of freedom with my gig, I'm essentially unsupervised, they trust me enough. I'm just a little down right now because I haven't worked in a while. So half of me is ready for the next gig (starts in the next two weeks) and half of me is used to not working...

It's kind of complicated, too, I don't really want to get into it. Personal stuff, related to my former marriage.

Fire Me Boy! 03-19-2005 04:59 AM

Sorry, didn't mean to bring you down...

keg in kc 03-19-2005 05:01 AM

Quote:

Sorry, didn't mean to bring you down...

Oh, no, it's nothing like that.

I like bagging on my job. But I like bagging on everything. It's kind of my shtick, although lately my heart's not as into it. ROFL