ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Larry Johnson with the shots fired again @CPs favorite coach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318106)

Titty Meat 10-10-2018 06:34 PM

Larry Johnson with the shots fired again @CPs favorite coach

On Twitter he wrote this:

"While we on it, 416 carries didn’t have any negative downsides for me. I was dependable, durable and I wanted MORE.
I didn’t play long after that because I didn’t fit the “New and Improved” offenses that thought I would be effective in shotgun.....

Oh ..and a A-Hole."

carcosa 10-10-2018 06:36 PM

Wow!

SAUTO 10-10-2018 06:37 PM

Haley huh?

rabblerouser 10-10-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13806123)
On Twitter he wrote this:

"While we on it, 416 carries didn’t have any negative downsides for me. I was dependable, durable and I wanted MORE.
I didn’t play long after that because I didn’t fit the “New and Improved” offenses that thought I would be effective in shotgun.....

Oh ..and a A-Hole."

ROFL

The way I remember it, he got cut by KC because he couldn't control his Twittering...

and he got cut by Washington because he sucked.

Rain Man 10-10-2018 06:47 PM

I had to look up his history.

He had three years under Vermeil, and only got the starting job in Year 3, with a lot of carries that year.

He then had four years under Herm, and only had a lot of carries in Year 1. He missed 12 games in the next two seasons for reasons that I don't recall. Then he started 7 games the fourth year ... got cut? ... then ended up with the Bengals for the rest of year.

The next year he got very minor action with the Redskins for a couple of games.

The next year he go very minor action with the Dolphins for one game.

The guy was a two-year wonder who somehow had a nine year career. I didn't remember him being around for that long, though of course the last two seasons were layovers at their various airports.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-10-2018 06:52 PM

I remember nobody liking him and he got canned before he got a chance to break Priests record.

Abba-Dabba 10-10-2018 06:56 PM

Pfft Larry.

Mephistopheles Janx 10-10-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13806166)
I remember nobody liking him and he got canned before he got a chance to break Priests record.

Don't forget... Priest came back and tacked on 137 yards in 2007. When KC got rid of the Diaper Dandy in 2009, he was only 56 yards shy of breaking the record.

****ing love it. Thanks Priest!

CoMoChief 10-10-2018 07:03 PM

He was a straight downhill runner, that had the advantage of running behind the last of what was a great OL.

Once the OL was gone, so was Larry's production. And he got hurt.

Sure the coaching/offense changes had some effect as well. But he shouldn't act like it was that alone, because it clearly wasn't.

Still can't believe Pioli hitched his ****ing wagon to Matt Cassel. Haley clearly wasn't on board with it, neither were the players. You can see it in the player's demeanor on the field, Cassel wasn't respected in the locker room/huddle. They put up w/ it because they had to. This is what happens when you pay a player a shit ton of $ without really doing anything for it, but being the GM's golden boy.

Nothing like getting on the same page w/ your HC like forcing a chicken shit QB down his throat and ask him to make chicken salad out of it.

Bewbies 10-10-2018 07:13 PM

Man, his first year or two of being the man was just something to watch though.

seaofred 10-10-2018 07:15 PM

He got hurt against the Packers. Major foot injury.

Buehler445 10-10-2018 07:18 PM

He missed the games because of his lis franc injury. Wasn’t the same after.

Cow Pollinator 10-10-2018 07:18 PM

I’m going off of memory here, but I thought A.J. Hawk tackled him and caused a lisfrank injury and he wasn’t really the same after that. Does anyone else remember? I think he had some off field stuff too about that time.

Cow Pollinator 10-10-2018 07:19 PM

Damn it, Buehler beat me to it.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-10-2018 07:19 PM

2005 Larry Johnson was an absolute force of nature. 2100 yards from scrimmage with 21 TDs is amazing.