ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Bullsh&t calls!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=12284)

donkhater 09-10-2000 01:56 PM

They call interfernece on Alexander after 4 BLATENT PI's all game committed by Tenn? Smells like home-cooked refs to me.

stevieray 09-10-2000 01:58 PM

Every game...EVERY TIME.

donkhater 09-10-2000 01:59 PM

Take a look at those 4 WR screens by
tenn and you'll see obvius PI. Alexander was bumping HIS man!! How can that be a pick play?

donkhater 09-10-2000 02:00 PM

Take a look at those 4 WR screens by
tenn and you'll see obvius PI. Alexander was bumping HIS man!! How can that be a pick play?

stevieray 09-10-2000 02:07 PM

You can call me a homer, but the refs gave this game to the Titans. Bad calls throughout this debacle.

Mosbonian 09-10-2000 02:14 PM

This game falls directly on GUNTHER and the 3 STOOGES...not the refs, not the ST, not the Defense. This game shows that GC has absolutely no clue as to what he is doing. We gave away a chance at 3 points early in the game to try and get 7 with a play that everyone in the stadium and viewing audience knew was coming.

mmaddog

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"

donkhater 09-10-2000 02:19 PM

I'm not absolving Gun and the coaching staff (66 yards rushing?), but look at the tape. On four, count 'em FOUR, different occasions the Tiatns ran a Wr screen and Wychek clearly ran to the outside QB to block him BEFORE the football was thrown. It's as easy penalty to call as there is in the game.

Then when Alexander bumps HIS man of the line (within five yards mind you) he gets called for a pick. Like the title says, that's BULLSH*T!!!

donkhater 09-10-2000 02:19 PM

I'm not absolving Gun and the coaching staff (66 yards rushing?), but look at the tape. On four, count 'em FOUR, different occasions the Tiatns ran a Wr screen and Wychek clearly ran to the outside QB to block him BEFORE the football was thrown. It's as easy penalty to call as there is in the game.

Then when Alexander bumps HIS man of the line (within five yards mind you) he gets called for a pick. Like the title says, that's BULLSH*T!!!

stevieray 09-10-2000 02:22 PM

What about the late hit out of bounds? We get called, they don't. Their very first third down drive was short by a half yard. We are earmarked, it's obvious every game we play in.

Mosbonian 09-10-2000 02:23 PM

I agree on the illegal picks, but they didn't call them last week on the Colts, so why weren't we ready to defend that play this week?

We are stuck in a time warp with this team with Jimmy raye as the OC and KS as the DC. I am joining the CAN GUNTHER movement.

mmaddog

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"

TheFly 09-10-2000 02:24 PM

Yes, you are right. It was all the refs' fault... Had nothing to do with our play calling or coaching... Nope... Damn those refs... They followed us around the league for 8 straight losses (including preseason)...<BR>

donkhater 09-10-2000 02:25 PM

This isn't meant to be a post about conspiracies, just really sh*tty officiating. In addition to the PI against Alexander (and lack thereof on four occassions on Wycheck)Patton's PI was bogu as well. I didn't see a foul, but even if there was the ball was way overthrown.

donkhater 09-10-2000 02:26 PM

This isn't meant to be a post about conspiracies, just really sh*tty officiating. In addition to the PI against Alexander (and lack thereof on four occassions on Wycheck)Patton's PI was bogu as well. I didn't see a foul, but even if there was the ball was way overthrown.

DaKCMan AP 09-10-2000 02:31 PM

We played good enough to win, we played better and harder than the Titans. The playcalling was suspect at times, and acceptable at others. I was impressed with our D until the last two series. One play which didn't go over easy with me was our last offensive play. When Grbac threw to Kevin Lockett incomplete with 3 defenders around him. I don't know if anyone noticed, but Lockett's facemask was clearly grabbed and pulled....but I guess you can't get all the calls. We should have won, but didn't get it in the end.

Bob Dole 09-10-2000 02:49 PM

Bob Dole noticed the facemask and screamed about it in the large ongoing game thread.