ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Junior Seau dead, probable suicide (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259152)

DaKCMan AP 05-02-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8588401)
I must be getting old and bitter

No, just short-sighted.

tooge 05-02-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 8588400)
Suicide's not about being selfish, it's about being in so much pain or terror that you literally cannot perceive any other escape than not existing anymore. It's not a decision that's arrived with the full use of one's cognitive abilities. It's brought on by desperation, and trying to rationalize it or trying to hold people suffering from serious mental distress accountable for it is unbelievably dickish (not to mention that it completely misses the point).

dickish. How ironic

Donger 05-02-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Suicide's not about being selfish, it's about being in so much pain or terror that you literally cannot perceive any other escape than not existing anymore. It's not a decision that's arrived with the full use of one's cognitive abilities. It's brought on by desperation, and trying to rationalize it or trying to hold people suffering from serious mental distress accountable for it is unbelievably dickish (not to mention that it completely misses the point).

If Seau pulled the trigger, who else would you hold accountable for it?

vailpass 05-02-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 8588333)
The NFL is bracing itself for a multi-billion dollar class action that could cripple the sport.

Yep. And it is sheer lunacy. There is implied consent there that should relieve the NFL of any punitive liability.

Titty Meat 05-02-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8588258)
**** this and **** all of you for making jokes.

How funny would it have been to have a pun thread when DT died? It wouldn't have been.

It's classless.

This is very sad news and just goes to show the concussion thing is very real.

keg in kc 05-02-2012 01:18 PM

Wow. Didn't see that coming, but probably should have.

It's probably not just concussions, but the proliferation of both performance enhancing drugs and recreational drugs, in addition to concussions, basically the same thing that's been plaguing professional wrestling in the last decade. It's a pretty vicious cocktail, and the NFL is probably counting their lucky stars that he wasn't far gone enough to do what Chris Benoit did.

BigChiefFan 05-02-2012 01:18 PM

Lew Bush died? I must have forgotten that.

DJ's left nut 05-02-2012 01:18 PM

Speak o' the devil:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...05601005_n.jpg

Go **** yourself, Harrison. Better yet, go off yourself.

The players need to be a hell of a lot more cognizant of this stuff among themselves. There hasn't been honor among thieves with a lot of these thugs in a very long time.

Maybe at some point asshole headhunters like Harrison will realize that there are consequences to scrambling someone's !@#$ing brain.

vailpass 05-02-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 8588373)
Completely agree. You won't see me joking about this.

There are definitely some insensitive dbags on this message board

RIP Junior

herp derp Interweb message boards iz a place for real emotions; I'm sophistimuhcated and stuff. Dogs eatin football players is for serious bizness. Why you guyz make jokz?

Ultra Peanut 05-02-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8588405)
dickish. How ironic

http://i.imgur.com/T7UBE.gif

Donger 05-02-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8588408)
It's classless.

This is very sad news and just goes to show the concussion thing is very real.

I don't know about Seau's history of concussion, but the simple fact is that he chose to slam into other players like shown above. And, he was rewarded for it.

O.city 05-02-2012 01:20 PM

I wouldn't have any problem if they were to just ban guys like Harrison from the league.

Thig Lyfe 05-02-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Depression just ain't the American way!

Ultra Peanut 05-02-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 8588406)
If Seau pulled the trigger, who else would you hold accountable for it?

What I'm saying is that it's not a ****ing matter of accountability in the first place. It's a horrible thing that happens. Pretending that there's a person to blame instead of it being the result of a confluence of various risk factors is pointless.

Brock 05-02-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 8588385)
Dude, its a billion dollar industry.

It's not going anywhere, even if a dude dies. Get a grip.

They'll just turn it into the pro bowl. And that'll be the end of it.