ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Carl Peterson attends camp practice for first time since leaving Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293701)

Quesadilla Joe 08-03-2015 07:11 AM

Carl Peterson attends camp practice for first time since leaving Chiefs

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-...leaving-chiefs

Sunday's Kansas City Chiefs training camp practice brought a sight long overdue. Former president and general manager Carl Peterson was in attendance at camp for the first time since leaving the Chiefs after the 2008 season.

Relations between the Chiefs and Peterson, awful during the years when Scott Pioli was their general manager, have warmed with the arrival of general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid. Peterson called the difference "night and day." He attended a game at Arrowhead Stadium last year for the first time since his resignation or ouster, the fact being it was some of both.

"I didn't have occasion to come back," Peterson said Sunday. "Scott Pioli never invited me. John Dorsey did."

The relationship between Peterson and Dorsey goes way back. Peterson, when he was general manager of the USFL's Philadelphia Stars, drafted Dorsey when he was coming out of college at Connecticut. Dorsey instead signed with the NFL's Green Bay Packers.

So when the Chiefs sent Peterson an invitation to attend Sunday's Alumni Day practice session, he accepted. Peterson lives in New York but happened to be in Kansas City this weekend.

"We were all glad to see him today," chairman Clark Hunt said.

It's nice to see the Chiefs opening their doors to Peterson. He's the most important figure in the team's 55-year history other than franchise founder Lamar Hunt. While the Chiefs never won or even reached a Super Bowl in their 20 seasons with Peterson, he acquired many of the best players in their history. He drafted a couple of eventual Hall of Famers in Derrick Thomas and Will Shields.

Peterson deserves to be next year's entrant into the Chiefs Hall of Fame. Until he's selected, the team's Hall will have a void.

"I'll leave that for another discussion," Hunt said of Peterson's chances of reaching the team's Hall of Fame. "Carl had a tremendous career and a big impact on the Kansas City Chiefs."

MahiMike 08-03-2015 07:13 AM

Thanks Obama.

Dartgod 08-03-2015 07:14 AM

DAMMIT, CARL!! :cuss:

Reerun_KC 08-03-2015 07:15 AM

Dammit Carl.

Rain Man 08-03-2015 08:18 AM

He heartily approved seeing an ex-49ers quarterback taking first-team snaps.

Red Dawg 08-03-2015 08:22 AM

Unless he is going to go back in time and order Marty to start Gannon he go ahead and get the hell away from our team.

Lzen 08-03-2015 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 11635233)
DAMMIT, CARL!! :cuss:

Ha ha, I still have my Dammit, Carl! shirt from Chiefsplanet. :thumb:

notorious 08-03-2015 08:23 AM

Pioli was a tremendous piece of shit.

It's even worse when you think that he probably tried to cheat like the Pats and still failed horrifically.

Lzen 08-03-2015 08:24 AM

I know he made a lot of mistakes in his latter years with the team (Herm), but he was very good for KC for many seasons. Chiefs HOF? Maybe.

Chief Roundup 08-03-2015 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11635280)
He heartily approved seeing an ex-49ers quarterback taking first-team snaps.

Keeping with tradition after all.

Rausch 08-03-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 11635295)
I know he made a lot of mistakes in his latter years with the team (Herm), but he was very good for KC for many seasons. Chiefs HOF? Maybe.

Herm should have been offered a job in the FO and not on the sidelines...

Hammock Parties 08-03-2015 08:56 AM

ah...yes...he must put a fresh curse upon the 2015 Chiefs...the ritual is done...the sacrifice is yet to come...mwahahahaha! Kali Ma! KALI MAAAAAA!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08-03-2015 08:57 AM

Fart

Rausch 08-03-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11635330)
ah...yes...he must put a fresh curse upon the 2015 Chiefs...the ritual is done...the sacrifice is yet to come...mwahahahaha! Kali Ma! KALI MAAAAAA!

It appears a wild card game and first round exit is in the cards...

BigMeatballDave 08-03-2015 08:58 AM

Scott Pioli has completely taken away any hate I had for Carl.