ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Android running on an iPhone? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=228496)

BigMeatballDave 05-21-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 6771996)
I think you have to look at the overall service plan, as really, that is a part of the cost of the phone.

Though I didn't know the Droid was as cheap as it is, but it is still the ugliest phone of the bunch.

Ugly? LOL Its the same style. Its flat and rectangle. Just like the iPhone and EVO. :spock:

AustinChief 05-21-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6771758)
I still contend 4G isn't deployed enough to be a meaningful pro.

It's a HUGE plus for those living in Texas. For people not in a 4G area, it's only not a plus if they don't get 4G by the time the phone is outdated.

On a cross-thread side not... have you seen the new features in Android 2.2... simply amazing how far Google just leapfrogged everyone.

morphius 05-21-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 6772938)
Ugly? LOL Its the same style. Its flat and rectangle. Just like the iPhone and EVO. :spock:

It is the whole bevel on the top of the 2 mismatched squares stuck together thingy.

BigMeatballDave 05-22-2010 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 6773427)
It is the whole bevel on the top of the 2 mismatched squares stuck together thingy.

Picky, much? lol

irishjayhawk 05-22-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 6773149)
It's a HUGE plus for those living in Texas. For people not in a 4G area, it's only not a plus if they don't get 4G by the time the phone is outdated.

On a cross-thread side not... have you seen the new features in Android 2.2... simply amazing how far Google just leapfrogged everyone.

Yeah, I've seen them. I've always been a big fan of Android. I just wish the apps were in the same arena.

Unless Apple surprises people this year and kills exclusivity, I'm going to get a Android phone.

Bump 05-22-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6773797)
Yeah, I've seen them. I've always been a big fan of the Android. I just wish the apps were in the same arena.

Unless Apple surprises people this year and kills exclusivity, I'm going to get an Android phone.

FYP

tk13 05-22-2010 10:42 AM

Apparently Google started rolling out the 2.2 update for the Nexus One this morning.

That's one of the reasons I went with Android, I thought they would evolve nicely, but even I'm impressed. Apparently they're already talking like they'll be another update before the end of the year. I did catch some of their conference yesterday, pretty impressive. They seem to be focusing on making all of your devices sync up with each other. Being able to select apps or songs from a desktop that automatically download to your phone, or making it easy to stream your music library remotely through the phone.

It should be good for everybody, because they are really starting to push Apple and Blackberry. This stuff is evolving so fast, now we're talking about EVO, Sprint 4G... etc. A year from now you might be able to get an Android device running on Verizon's 4G network that syncs up with your desktop and TV. You are never going to be able to keep up.

AustinChief 05-22-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I've seen them. I've always been a big fan of Android. I just wish the apps were in the same arena.

Unless Apple surprises people this year and kills exclusivity, I'm going to get a Android phone.

Agreed on apps. I think with 2.2 and all the new APIs... we are going to see more development that blows Apple's apps away... BUT it will take time before that happens...

Check out the video I posted in the iPad thread, the SPEED of Android 2.2 is just going to kill people.

BWillie 05-23-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Does android have voice to text and different keyboards you can download?

SLAG 05-23-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 6775776)
Does android have voice to text and different keyboards you can download?

yes

Dave Lane 05-23-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 6774218)
Agreed on apps. I think with 2.2 and all the new APIs... we are going to see more development that blows Apple's apps away... BUT it will take time before that happens...

Check out the video I posted in the iTouch Senior Citizen Edition thread, the SPEED of Android 2.2 is just going to kill people.

zzzzzzzzzz yawn

Posted from my i Pad

AustinChief 05-23-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 6776027)
zzzzzzzzzz yawn

Posted from my i Pad

You HONESTLY don't think that a tablet with Android 2.2 won't kill an iPad in every way except maybe battery life? Guess we'll find out in the next few months.

BigMeatballDave 05-24-2010 08:29 AM

I've had my Droid for 3 1/3 months now. I freaking love this thing. Android is a Godsend...

BigMeatballDave 05-24-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 6776027)
zzzzzzzzzz yawn

Posted from my i Pad

Typical Apple/Mac owner behavior. LMAO

Shag 05-30-2010 08:55 AM

Early reports are that the Evo battery life is absolutely horrendous, especially if 4G is enabled. Apparently, the battery won't last an entire day with 4G enabled, and numerous reports of it only lasting 4-6 hours. Too bad, if true...