ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Tod Wellemyer Slams Royals.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=163833)

petegz28 05-31-2007 09:39 AM

Tod Wellemyer Slams Royals....

am listening to 810 I guess Wellemyer gave an inteview in St. Louis and when asked what the difference between playing for KC and STL he said "the expectaion in KC as that you keep your job the expectation in STL is you have to perform well"

Granted I think that was more of the Baird attitude I see that more and more in Bell publicly anyway.

Sure-Oz 05-31-2007 09:42 AM

Wellemeyer performs well at sucking

Eleazar 05-31-2007 09:42 AM

He couldn't even meet expectations here. The guy is a bum.

People on their fourth team in four years don't usually have room to bitch about a team not being successful because they are part of the problem.

eazyb81 05-31-2007 09:44 AM

Yet another loser that blames an organization for his shitty performance rather than himself.

Hey Todd, maybe you forgot, but you were the worst player on the worst baseball team. I'm not sure you can really talk shit on anyone.

petegz28 05-31-2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
He couldn't even meet expectations here. The guy is a bum.

People on their fourth team in four years don't usually have room to bitch about a team not being successful because they are part of the problem.

I agree but I do agree also with the assessment of the two teams. Baird was a the king of excuses and he brought in Bell who is now doing the samething Baird did.

Teams reflect the attitude of their coach while I agree a coach is only as good as his players. Having said that though I believe pre-Moore Wellemeyer is still on this team. I do believe Bell will be gone in a year or two as well after we get a few more players from the minors or a free agent or two.

Codered 05-31-2007 09:46 AM

Yeahhh... He wasn't called Albie Wellemyer for nothing. I always laugh when players leave the Royals that SUCK and attempt to trash the organization.

So the Royals suck, but you couldn't even keep your job with them? Shut up while your ahead dude.

Deberg_1990 05-31-2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28
I do believe Bell will be gone in a year or two as well after we get a few more players from the minors or a free agent or two.

Hopefully he will be gone in months........i think he has had more than enough time to prove himself now.....he aint getting it done.

petegz28 05-31-2007 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Hopefully he will be gone in months........i think he has had more than enough time to prove himself now.....he aint getting it done.

I defended him until we lost a game 1-0 in 11 innings when we got walked 10 times. We also K'd 14 times. When you can't score 1-2 runs against a division rival when they walk you 10 times in a game and you have 11 shots at it then you are not playing with fire, you are hoping to win by playing not to lose.

After that I lost it with Bell and the hitting coach. And since then I have come to realize at least publicly anyway he makes more excuses and BS and never once says "we stunk tonight and we better pull our heads out of our ass cause I know we can play better ball than that and I will not tolerate this level of crap from a team I know can win.." or something to that effect.

Fish 05-31-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codered
So the Royals suck, but you couldn't even keep your job with them? Shut up while your ahead dude.

Exactly.... poor bitter Wellemeyer.... I don't care what that ****in idiot says... The Royals were right to throw his ass to the curb... he had a 10.something ERA in the 15 or 16 games he was here, and somehow it's all the management's fault?

Piss off....

Sure-Oz 05-31-2007 09:55 AM

Who would we really hire as a manager anyway right now?

Reerun_KC 05-31-2007 09:56 AM

Speaking of Bell?

When can or could we expect a replacement?

shaneo69 05-31-2007 09:57 AM

He's been pretty good for the Cardinals. They gave him a start last night because everybody else sucks, and he ended up getting the win and breaking the Rockies 8 game winning streak. Apparently he's now the Cardinals stopper.

shaneo69 05-31-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz

Whitey's available.

petegz28 05-31-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Personally I would like Frank White for 2 reasons in this order...

1) he has already coached and worked with a lot of the young guys we have coming up and that is an intangible I like

2) he won as a player and was tops in everything he did which gets the respect of your players....very similar to making Guillen a coach.

I think White knows how to win and knows these players better than any coach you could bring in right now and we should grow our coaching with our talent. Other than that I am not sure who is out there really at this point.

eazyb81 05-31-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

And that's the real question. There's no point to fire Bell now because no one worth his salt is available.

Just wait until the season is over and hire someone like Pendleton or Girardi.