ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Justice League hopes to follow the Avengers success (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260276)

Micjones 08-31-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8868144)
I feel like DC characters are far more powerful than Marvel, but Marvel's character depth is better.

The Justice League would stomp the Avengers.

I don't see that at all.
For shits and giggles...

Let's put a starting lineup together for both JL and the A's.

Aries Walker 08-31-2012 02:56 PM

For the JLA:
I don't think anyone would deny Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman as core members.
Martian Manhunter and Hawkman were members for a long time, but are not now.
Cyborg is a current member.

The original Avengers were Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Ant-Man/Giant-Man (Hank Pym) and Wasp.
Hulk leaves in the second issue, but is on the team in the movie.
Captain America joins in the fourth issue.
Hawkeye and Black Widow join later, and are in the movie.
The current team in the comics is Captain America, Iron Man, Red Hulk, Hawkeye, Vision, Spider-Woman, and Quake.

As "classic" line-ups, which I think most people identify with the most, I went with:

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman
vs.
Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man, Hank Pym, and Wasp.

whoman69 08-31-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8868551)
Oh, no. Superman wouldn't match up with Hulk; he'd match up with Thor, who would instantly overpower anyone else in the JLA, and he'd be lucky to get a tie. (Thor is a lot more powerful in the comic books than he is in the movies, and he's magical, which would give Superman a big problem.)

Batman and Captain America are as evenly matched as any two are, and so basically negate each other. Flash would not beat Iron Man very easily but I could see him winning eventually, but then you've got Hulk vs. Wonder Woman. Either way, there's still the Green Lantern problem, so yeah. Poor, poor, tiny insect-themed Avengers.

And Martian Manhunter's not in the JLA right now. He would make a big difference, but if you open it up to past (or future) members, then it just gets a lot messier.

I can't believe I'm arguing this. Hello again, teenage years, how've you been? :D

Wonder Woman is a lot stronger than you think, not up to Hulk standards, but certainly up to Thor. I could also see JLA using Flash to wear down the Hulk. He certainly wouldn't be able to hurt him. As you say, Green Lantern is a match up problem for the Avengers.

CoMoChief 08-31-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8868159)
Hopefully they will leave out that scratchy ass, raspy sounding cigarette smoking voice

Why do people have such a problem with this? I admit they went a little overboard in TDK, but it wasn't bothersome to me. They toned it down a little in TDKR.

Jamie 08-31-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8868551)
Oh, no. Superman wouldn't match up with Hulk; he'd match up with Thor, who would instantly overpower anyone else in the JLA, and he'd be lucky to get a tie. (Thor is a lot more powerful in the comic books than he is in the movies, and he's magical, which would give Superman a big problem.)

Batman and Captain America are as evenly matched as any two are, and so basically negate each other. Flash would not beat Iron Man very easily but I could see him winning eventually, but then you've got Hulk vs. Wonder Woman. Either way, there's still the Green Lantern problem, so yeah. Poor, poor, tiny insect-themed Avengers.

If you really think Iron Man vs Flash is even close you need to think about how fast the speed of light is. Not to mention the fact that Flash can vibrate through matter and make it explode. Wonder Woman is more powerful than you think too, her power level is basically almost-Superman plus she's a much more skilled fighter. I'd say Thor is slightly ahead of Wonder Woman one-on-one, but she's more than powerful enough to keep Thor busy long enough for Superman to deal with the Hulk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8868710)
For the JLA:
As "classic" line-ups, which I think most people identify with the most, I went with:

vs.

Even though Hulk was an original member of the Avengers, he has rarely been a member since then. I know people make the association now because of the movie, but for a classic comic lineup I don't think he qualifies. My classic lineup would be Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye, Pym, Wasp, Vision, and the Scarlet Witch. That team probably also stands a better chance against the Justice League based purely on the inclusion of Scarlet Witch.

Aries Walker 08-31-2012 04:11 PM

I included Hulk because of a) he was an original, b) the movie, and c) there is the Red Hulk on the team, who has analagous powers. If you replace him with Vision, Hawkeye, and Scarlet Witch, that makes the teams unbalanced - but if that's not a problem, I have no problem with these.

I would suggest also adding Quicksilver, but I wouldn't want Flash hurting himself laughing at how slow the Avengers' "speedster" is. :D

Psyko Tek 08-31-2012 04:24 PM

flash can vibrate a through walls, or a brick into your skull
he is the most deadly man in both continuums, and batman knows how to beat him
marvel loses

JD10367 08-31-2012 06:16 PM

The last dozen posts here have retroactively removed any sexual experiences from my head while simultaneously moving me into mom's basement, losing my job, AND giving me bad acne.

Aries Walker 08-31-2012 06:40 PM

Hey, come on now. Be fair. I have a job.

ThaVirus 08-31-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8868598)
I don't see that at all.
For shits and giggles...

Let's put a starting lineup together for both JL and the A's.

That's just the way I see it. I don't read the comics much so that's just based on what I've read and watched.

The problem with DC is that all the heavy hitters have ridiculous amounts of strength, speed, invulnerability and nanosecond reaction time. The only ones in Marvel (without getting into the Beyonder and Thanos-types) that have similar powers to guys like Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, etc. are Silver Surfer and Thor.

Then again, I feel like Marvel has a lot more magical beings and reality warpers to even things out. People like the Scarlet Witch and Franklin Richards can change entire universes with a thought so there's that to consider. I'm not sure; I guess I'm just thinking mainly about the most popular characters. A lot of Marvel's popular characters only handle city-wide threats (Spider-Man, Daredevil, Wolverine). It usually takes a team of them to combat anything/anyone substantial (X-Men, Fantastic Four, Avengers) while the DC characters I mentioned could handle global threats singlehandedly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8868710)
vs.

I think it would break down like this:

Superman > Hulk. It would be a good fight since the Hulk gets stronger the longer the fight lasts and his healing factor would ensure that to happen. In the end, Superman's versatility and speed advantage would give him the victory.

Wonder Woman < Thor. Another good fight here. WW is basically just a notch below Superman with that indestructible lasso and bracelets as weapons. I think Thor would edge her out in the end but it wouldn't be easy.

Green Lantern > Iron Man. The GL ring is one of the most powerful weapons in either universe. IM's suit is nice, but it wouldn't hold up nor be able to penetrate and of the GL constructs.

Batman = Captain America. Probably the most evenly matched fight here. Personally I think Cap's superior physical abilities and the shield would give him the edge over Batman's gadgets; but I'll call it a wash. It doesn't matter either way, once one defeated the other he'd be stomped immediately by pretty much anyone else on the field.

The Flash + Aquaman >>>>>>>>>>>> Ant Man + Wasp. Seriously. I'm not even going to discuss this.

Jamie 09-01-2012 04:34 AM

So what would an Avengers team that could beat the Justice League look like? Drawing only from characters that have been Avengers (so no Silver Surfer) and ignoring their current living/dead status, I'd say the Sentry, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Red Hulk, and maybe Invisible Woman. There's a rumor that Xavier will be on an Avengers team after Avengers vs X-Men wraps up, so if that happens he'd definitely be on there.

Luke Warm 09-01-2012 05:23 AM

**** Batman...lame ass character.

Aries Walker 09-01-2012 05:51 AM

He's actually fascinating, as long as they leave out Robin. Making Batman a father figure makes him a lot less interesting.

Luke Warm 09-01-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8869850)
He's actually fascinating, as long as they leave out Robin. Making Batman a father figure makes him a lot less interesting.

The reason Batman is lame and boring as shit to me is his seemingly endless supply of corny ass gadgets in his belt. No matter the situation, he will have the right gadget at the time. How could he possibly anticipate what gadgets he will need lol???

If a giant alien dildo robot that shoots lasers attacked him, rest assured that ****er will have a bottle of anti-alien dildo robot that shoots lasers spray. Batman is shit. Boring. Lame.

Bowser 09-01-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Warm (Post 8870511)
The reason Batman is lame and boring as shit to me is his seemingly endless supply of corny ass gadgets in his belt. No matter the situation, he will have the right gadget at the time. How could he possibly anticipate what gadgets he will need lol???

If a giant alien dildo robot that shoots lasers attacked him, rest assured that ****er will have a bottle of anti-alien dildo robot that shoots lasers spray. Batman is shit. Boring. Lame.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m75q0fI0dG1qbxq6j.jpg

But to be fair, Batman was camped up all to hell back in the 60's and 70's. He's way more of a badass these days.