ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Justice League hopes to follow the Avengers success (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260276)

BigCatDaddy 06-08-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8667107)
LOL... No.......

You seem to echo most of the people in this thread. I think the poll just indicates there is a market for the movie to be made.

Micjones 06-08-2012 09:13 AM

At least DC has a point of reference now after having seen the Avengers and X-Men films.

They should be able to come up with someone fairly compelling.

Hammock Parties 06-08-2012 09:17 AM

Marvel set up Avengers well by killing it with the Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America and Thor movies.

The last Superman film and the last Batman film don't even seem to be in the same universe.

Micjones 06-08-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fine Uncut Meat (Post 8667128)
Marvel set up Avengers well by killing it with the Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America and Thor movies.

The last Superman film and the last Batman film don't even seem to be in the same universe.

Well...I guess we'll see if "Man of Steel" changes that.

durtyrute 06-08-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8666929)
"The Avengers" trailer followed "Captain America" credits.
A scene with Thanos followed "The Avengers" credits (presumably a prelude to the next Avengers film).

Thanks

Fish 06-08-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8667114)
You seem to echo most of the people in this thread. I think the poll just indicates there is a market for the movie to be made.

I'd put as much value in a Yahoo poll as I would Facebook Likes..

Justice League = Matt Cassel

Avengers = Aaron Rodgers

BigCatDaddy 06-08-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8667152)
I'd put as much value in a Yahoo poll as I would Facebook Likes..

Justice League = Matt Cassel

Avengers = Aaron Rodgers

Perhaps, but I think JL has more "mainstream" characters then the Avengers. The quality of the movie may not equal the Avengers and Clay was right that they did a good job of the build up. I'm just stating there is a large market and demand for a JL movie.

Setsuna 06-08-2012 10:32 AM

They'll fail horribly with this. There isn't enough background to do anything with this.

The Franchise 06-08-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8667045)
Interesting poll on yahoo.com this morning. 150,000 votes in

What's the greatest superhero team?

Justice League 42%

Avengers 30%

X-Men 28%

:facepalm:

I bet 90% of the people who voted for "Justice League" can't name any of the other characters except Batman and Superman.

Micjones 06-08-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8667176)
Perhaps, but I think JL has more "mainstream" characters then the Avengers. The quality of the movie may not equal the Avengers and Clay was right that they did a good job of the build up. I'm just stating there is a large market and demand for a JL movie.

That's the biggest reason why there will be a market for this film.
People forget that these films aren't made for the average comic-book reading fanboy. They're mostly consumed by people who aren't that familiar with the source material, but...EVERYBODY knows Batman. EVERYBODY knows Superman. That's reason enough.

whoman69 06-08-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8667320)
:facepalm:

I bet 90% of the people who voted for "Justice League" can't name any of the other characters except Batman and Superman.

You think they don't know Wonder Woman?

I would be more interested in the Titans.

keg in kc 06-08-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8667320)

I don't know. You might be surprised. The Justice League has had a presence on television for years.

BigCatDaddy 06-08-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8668108)
I don't know. You might be surprised. The Justice League has had a presence on television for years.

Exactly. About 25 years ago I thought the JL cartoon was the best thing on TV since it combined all the super heros into one show. I'm guessing a lot of people in their 30's now who aren't big comic book fans like myself remember that show quite well. And of course if you have kids I'm sure you've seen the newer version.

Slayer Diablo 06-08-2012 05:49 PM

I'm going to take the pessimistic route on this one because what made the Avengers and almost every Marvel superhero a success is how they were all true underdogs who can relate to the average inferiority complex of real people.

DC and the Justice League, OTOH, come from the perspective of "We were extraordinary individuals who became even better!" Batman is really the only one who can relate to Marvel's kind of audience...but maybe Superman can have some potential if they play off the plot of Smallville. :p

beach tribe 06-08-2012 11:08 PM

DC=Gay
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0PlwDbSYicM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I'd take 10-1 Odds the Hulk would stomp Doomsday's ass.