ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Broncos should be heavily favored...fan take (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260716)

InChiefsHeaven 06-21-2012 02:30 PM

Broncos should be heavily favored...fan take

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/denver-...0176--nfl.html

Dear Lord, this wench is a moron!

Quote:

There's roughly 10 weeks until the 2012 NFL season starts, and Denver Broncos fans' excitement is growing daily. With continued positive reports coming out of Broncos headquarters in regards to Peyton Manning's recovery, the upcoming season looks very promising. With an improving defense, and the switch to a high-octane offense behind a future Hall of Fame quarterback, the Broncos should dominate their AFC West division.

While I think it's possible that the first half of the schedule could yield a losing record for the Broncos (with tough opponents like the Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Texans, and the New Orleans Saints), the second half of the season is where the Broncos can really make a charge to the top of the standings. A large part of that is due to the fact that they will have four of their six divisional games in the second half of the season.

It's hard to identify for sure who will be their most formidable divisional opponent. With Phillip Rivers as their quarterback, the most likely choice would be the San Diego Chargers. With head coach Norv Turner and general manager A.J. Smith narrowly avoiding being fired at the end of last season, the Chargers will face extra pressure to get the job done in 2012. To me, their schedule looks a little more difficult than the one the Broncos face. While they are playing a very similar schedule to the Broncos, they have to contend with playing away against the Steelers and the New York Jets in the final month of the season. Even if the Chargers take an early divisional lead, they will have a tough time holding onto it in December.

It's a toss-up as to what kind of season the Kansas City Chiefs and the Oakland Raiders will have. Both teams will have new head coaches in 2012 and new strategies. The Raiders made a bold move in acquiring quarterback Carson Palmer in 2011 and after a full off-season in the Raiders organization should be ready to be the best quarterback the team has seen since Rich Gannon. If (and this is a big "if") Palmer stays healthy, I look to see the Raiders show significant improvement this season. However, challenging for a divisional title would seem to be far from a reasonable goal.

Much like the Radiers, the Chiefs' fortunes hinge largely upon whether quarterback Matt Cassel can finally live up to that huge contract he signed three years ago. The Chiefs have drafted a large amount of high-quality talent over the past several years, but have yet to have that talent live up to its potential. A winning record would be a big improvement for this team.

Broncos fans will need some patience in September and October, but I think that the Broncos will prevail in the AFC West in the end.

Julie is a featured NFL contributor for the Yahoo Contributor Network. Having followed the NFL her entire life, she became a fan of the Broncos after moving to Denver in 2001.
What a silly silly Donkey fan...

mr. tegu 06-21-2012 02:48 PM

It is so funny how last year before the season started most "experts" were saying we would have a good season if we won 7 games. Well we won 7 games sans Charles, Berry, Moeaki, and Cassel for half the season (hey he is better than Palko). A winning record is and should be expected not just a "big improvement."

notorious 06-21-2012 02:50 PM

Don't listen to idiots.

Hammock Parties 06-21-2012 03:00 PM

We have had one winning record in the last five years.

And that was against a shit schedule.

Understand these things, and understand why we are given no respect that we have not earned.

saphojunkie 06-21-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8693446)
We have had one winning record in the last five years.

And that was against a shit schedule.

Understand these things, and understand why we are given no respect that we have not earned.

This means absolutely nothing. It means less than nothing, because it's also misleading.

Hammock Parties 06-21-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8693451)
This means absolutely nothing. It means less than nothing, because it's also misleading.

Facts are facts.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-21-2012 03:34 PM

Magicmo2724

whoman69 06-21-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8693451)

Why is it misleading?

RealSNR 06-21-2012 03:46 PM

If only our drafted talent could play as well as Robert Ayers or Rahim Moore. Then we'd be a championship team.

The Chiefs don't deserve any respect, but that doesn't mean you can be a reerun and say, "Duhr Cassel sucks therefore the rest of the team sucks"

FlaChief58 06-21-2012 03:48 PM

I find it funny how she said "if ( and this is a big "if") Palmer can stay healthy" and yet does'nt mention the foreheads broke neck :rolleyes:

BoneKrusher 06-21-2012 03:49 PM

if Manning's healthy, the Broncos own the division.
if not, then its probably gonna be the Chargers taking the West.

ChiefsCountry 06-21-2012 03:49 PM

Well a chick wrote it first of all and she is Denver fan second.

BoneKrusher 06-21-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8693550)

The Chiefs don't deserve any respect, but that doesn't mean you can be a reerun and say, "Duhr Cassel sucks therefore the rest of the team sucks"

i'm not saying the whole team sucks because Matt sucks but i am saying
the Chiefs have a lot of talent except for the most important player on offense.

and it's gonna hurt this team Bigtime.

FlaChief58 06-21-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8693557)
if Manning's healthy, the Broncos own the division.
if not, then its probably gonna be the Chargers taking the West.

On paper, right now I would agree that the donks are the favorite, but there are a lot of variables such as: Peytons broke neck, the fact that he missed all of last season and of course his age (old folks don't heal well). Lets just wait and see how he does in real games before we hand em the crown.

As for the dolts, I expect them to have another 8-8 9-7 season

RealSNR 06-21-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8693583)
i'm not saying the whole team sucks because Matt sucks but i am saying
the Chiefs have a lot of talent except for the most important player on offense.

and it's gonna hurt this team Bigtime.

Agreed 100%