ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Walterfootball.com has KC picking #8 overall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264168)

Titty Meat 09-25-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8950804)
Looked around at some draft sites, so far they aren't as high on Geno.

Same thing with a lot of guys in the past RGIII, Ponder, Dalton etc.

I think Smith will be a good QB but man to compare him to RGIII who is a once in a generation type athlete is tough. It kind of reminds me of the Fairley/Suh comparisons. Different positions of course.

O.city 09-25-2012 05:25 PM

I don't think Smith is the overall athlete RGIII is. I do think, as far as QB skills go, he might be a better pocket passer at this point.

I think if he continues this path, he will probably end up winning the Heisman and go pretty high.

DJ's left nut 09-25-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8950701)
I would list the 49ers and Cowboys as dark horses.

If the Cowboys quit on Tony Romo, they deserve what they get.

That guy is a legit quarterback and somehow everyone in Dallas blames every problem that franchise has on him. He's never had an O-Line, his weapons are generally hurt (and a little overrated in a declining Witten and overhyped Dez Bryant).

This is a guy that made a star out of Laruent Robinson and is making Kevin Ogletree serviceable.

The Chiefs would absolutely be threats to make some noise with Tony Romo at QB. He'd have a field day with Bowe and Baldwin out there, not to mention a good O-Line and game-breaking RB.

You compare Romo's weapons to Cassels and suddenly you realize just how god-awful Matt Cassel is. Cassel has as many tools at his disposal as Romo and Romo's going out there putting up 4K seasons and 95+ QB ratings like they're nothing.

O.city 09-25-2012 05:29 PM

I would absolutely take Tony Romo at this point.

O.city 09-25-2012 05:30 PM

This year, the Chiefs could have a top 15 pick and have a chance to take a quarterback with alot of upside. See how it goes I guess.

Titty Meat 09-25-2012 05:31 PM

Cowboys aren't going to dump Romo they've been talking about a new contract.

O.city 09-25-2012 05:33 PM

So you've got Barkley, Geno, and Wilson as your likely legit guys, with Jones and others as second tier guys.

I think this year we are gonna see what the Chiefs really think of drafting a QB early. If a guy like Wilson is sitting there when you pick, you take him.

DJ's left nut 09-25-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8950865)
So you've got Barkley, Geno, and Wilson as your likely legit guys, with Jones and others as second tier guys.

I think this year we are gonna see what the Chiefs really think of drafting a QB early. If a guy like Wilson is sitting there when you pick, you take him.

I have them tiered as

Geno

Bray
Barkley
Murray

Wilson

Thomas
Manuel
Glennon

Jones
Rest of the chaff...

pimpchief 09-25-2012 05:45 PM

I agree worth djsnut except he has Barkley too high.

O.city 09-25-2012 05:49 PM

I've got Wilson alot higher than DJ. He does have a bit of a windup, but it seems like it's better this year than last.

The way he's shown to be a leader with all thats happened this year in Fayetville have made me a little higher on him.

Sorter 09-25-2012 05:49 PM

I would think that Wilson is comparable and probably higher than most the second tier in terms of physical traits, ceiling, and overall production.

Titty Meat 09-25-2012 05:51 PM

If Thomas ever fixes his mechanics he'll be a beast.

O.city 09-25-2012 05:51 PM

Only problem with Wilson is his concussion problems, but the Hogs oline can't protect him worth a damn.

DeezNutz 09-25-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8950878)
I have them tiered as

Geno

Bray
Barkley
Murray

Wilson

Thomas
Manuel
Glennon

Jones
Rest of the chaff...

I like the Murray ranking. Dude is underrated and underexposed because of the offensive system.

Rasputin 09-25-2012 07:19 PM

Geno Smith