ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Dad Calls Cops on Son to Teach Him a Lesson, Cops Shoot Son Dead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278417)

mike_b_284 11-08-2013 10:39 AM

One lesson being missed here is to keep cops out of family business. It never works out well for anyone. Sounds like a good idea when your pissed, but once the cops arrive any control of the situation by those involved goes out the window. Teenagers are ****ing morons. I was, and I'm sure not all of you were angels. I don't feel like a kid should pay for their immature brains and shitty parents with their lives.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_b_284 (Post 10169671)
One lesson being missed here is to keep cops out of family business. It never works out well for anyone. Sounds like a good idea when your pissed, but once the cops arrive any control of the situation by those involved goes out the window. Teenagers are ****ing morons. I was, and I'm sure not all of you were angels. I don't feel like a kid should pay for their immature brains and shitty parents with their lives.

This. The Dad wanted to teach him a lesson....which would have ended up with major jail time. Instead the kid died.

hometeam 11-08-2013 10:56 AM

They told him to back while he was actively engaging the guy.

Then, the dude proceeded to ram the **** out of him. He was unarmed? I dunno, ramming a big ass truck into a car seems like a weapon to me.

I am not a friend of shitty cops. But in this case? Dude will be back at work.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 10:58 AM

It is never a good thing when a young kid loses his life. No one, including officers, wants to ever see that happen.

But a decision on a crisis situation in a moment is made by an officer based on 'apprehension of fear'. The officer is not taught to stop and think about the age of the A.P.

Interestingly enough, if this was a story about a 37 year old guy that did the same thing, nobody would really care and it wouldn't be making the national headlines.

mike_b_284 11-08-2013 10:59 AM

yeah the cops weren't wrong, imo the fault lies on the father

Predarat 11-08-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_b_284 (Post 10169671)

Yep, maybe 20-30 years ago what the dad did was a good idea. Now once you have the government involved its a never ending pit. IF the child is underage they will send DCS after you and maybe have your child taken away. Back in the day the Officer would play along, scare the shit out of the kid, put the kid in jail for a night or so, and that would be the end of it. Nowdays you will be dragged through count and maybe go to jail yourself.

beach tribe 11-08-2013 11:23 AM

I was ready to start my ****in cops tirade

Then I read that he rammed the cop.

Yeah, you're gonna die if you do that.

Rausch 11-08-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10169769)

But...but...but...

hometeam 11-08-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10169769)

Watch the video, he rams cops 6 times or so before they opened fire on him. Not to mention driving insane with a trailer attached swinging back and forth like a wrecking ball (which later he lost), as well as blowing through a red light and ALMOST demolishing some innocent person in the process.

Yea sorry kid, you ****ed up.

redfan 11-08-2013 11:52 AM

After watching the dashcam, I say 'good job, officers'.

Mr. Laz 11-08-2013 11:54 AM

anyone killed by a cop deserved it/CP

Rausch 11-08-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10169826)
anyone killed by a cop deserved it/CP

Anyone repeatedly ramming a cop car deserves it/everyone

JD10367 11-08-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10169250)
Lesson learned.

Ayup. When the po-po draws the guns and tell you to do something, you do it. Or you get shot. Or you get an unwanted colonoscopy.

MOhillbilly 11-08-2013 12:11 PM

Not like the cops have to pay for the car.

BigRedChief 11-08-2013 12:12 PM

The police knew it was only a stolen car. There was no violent crime or murder trying to get away. When the son started speeding up through that intersection and pedistrian traffic everywhere the cops should have backed off. Catch him after the innocent public is out of danger.

Too many of these car chases result in some innocent deaths.