ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto -- Which Costco/Sams/BJ's products do you buy, every trip there? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=235601)

Saul Good 02-18-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 8381072)
big box of butter lovers microwaveable popcorn.
5lb container of peter pan peanut butter. creamy. FTMFW!!!!!!

Peter Pan? Gross

vailpass 02-18-2012 10:50 AM

These days my wife does most of the shopping via Safeway home delivery and I mainly consume through Amazon but I like going in to Sam's Club sometimes.
36 count packs of AA batteries. 1.75 liter of Crown royal. Bulk quantities of chicken sausage and other meats for freezing or gatherings. Random fun stuff in the seasonal section i.e. pool toys, lawn/garden items.

cabletech94 02-18-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8381097)
Peter Pan? Gross

i've got a 16 oz IGA brand name that i bought in between sam's club trips.

between the 2, the peter pan wins hands down.

not to be a dick (or nosy), but what brand do you prefer Saul?

Stewie 02-18-2012 12:06 PM

I've belonged to both Sam's and Costco in the past (7-8 years ago) and am considering joining one of them again. Has either one of them reduced their package size? I still don't need a gallon of mayo or a huge bottle of oregano.

Rain Man 02-18-2012 12:11 PM

I don't shop at Costco or Sam's (not one nearby), but I have a very important lemonade question for people.

I love the Minute Maid Light Lemonade. Not the regular lemonade, which has sugar in it, but the light lemonade, which is just lemons and water and has one-tenth the calories.

But here's the problem. The two stores near me have mysteriously stopped carrying it. They still sell the sugar-laden regular stuff, but not the light stuff. Next time you're in the store, will some of you see if it's still available for sale? I'm wondering if Minute Maid stopped making it or if my stores just stopped selling it.

And as an aside, why is the stuff that contains water, sugar, and lemons labeled as "lemonade" when the stuff that's just water and lemons is labeled as "light lemonade"? Shouldn't they really be "sweetened lemonade" and "lemonade"?

Saul Good 02-18-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 8381136)
i've got a 16 oz IGA brand name that i bought in between sam's club trips.

between the 2, the peter pan wins hands down.

not to be a dick (or nosy), but what brand do you prefer Saul?

Of the major brands, Jif is easily the best.

MIAdragon 02-18-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8381222)
I don't shop at Costco or Sam's (not one nearby), but I have a very important lemonade question for people.

I love the Minute Maid Light Lemonade. Not the regular lemonade, which has sugar in it, but the light lemonade, which is just lemons and water and has one-tenth the calories.

But here's the problem. The two stores near me have mysteriously stopped carrying it. They still sell the sugar-laden regular stuff, but not the light stuff. Next time you're in the store, will some of you see if it's still available for sale? I'm wondering if Minute Maid stopped making it or if my stores just stopped selling it.

And as an aside, why is the stuff that contains water, sugar, and lemons labeled as "lemonade" when the stuff that's just water and lemons is labeled as "light lemonade"? Shouldn't they really be "sweetened lemonade" and "lemonade"?

Not sure RM however I would add another possible name to the light stuff. Seeing how its full of HFCS and Aspartame they should call it weight gain lemonade.

aturnis 02-18-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8381097)
Peter Pan? Gross

The man microwaves his ****ing popcorn, and you call him on his choice in peanut butter?

aturnis 02-18-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8381222)

Ever try Simply lemonade? Pretty good stuff.

cabletech94 02-18-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8381256)
Of the major brands, Jif is easily the best.

i have never tried JIF.
i will give it a try in 6 months when i'm out of peta panda.
i'd better dig it, for your sake!:evil:

Bump 02-18-2012 04:55 PM

I went in there high once and came out with munchy heaven. pounds of chocolate raisins, ****ing bomb ass brownie bites, a 50 pack of egg rolls and nutella

Pioli Zombie 02-18-2012 04:58 PM

Shovels and lyme

Bump 02-18-2012 04:59 PM

But Costco's kirkland stuff is far superior than anything you can buy at any grocery store. Their paper towels are the best, the coffee, those chocolate raisins are so damn good too and way better than raisinettes. I like BJ's a little better for meat and cheese. BJ's has the sorentino or whatever brand and that's the best bang for your buck. A brick of solid mozzerella for $6, fuuugggeeettaabbout it

Rain Man 02-18-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8381788)
Ever try Simply lemonade? Pretty good stuff.

I think I've had their orange juice and it was fine, but I think it's not just simply lemonade. I think they add some sweetener to it because it's got way more calories than Minute Maid Light.

I'm switching now to grape juice because it's only got 45 to 50 calories per glass compared to something like 80 for lemonade. My Minute Maid Light was at 15 calories. I'm sad.

Bump 02-18-2012 05:27 PM

dude lemonade is usually 0% juice and 100% sugar.