ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I know I am probably screwed but need advice (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267444)

go bo 05-18-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan (Post 9690832)
But, you're a known CP legend. We couldn't count you because you threw off the curve. :evil:

:LOL: have one on me :BLVD: :thumb:

go bo 05-18-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9690896)
Bob Dole had a project and it just went to shit after Phobia left.

And Bob Dole's wife got fat.

i didn't know bob dole had a wife...

oh wait, elizabeth something or other...

go bo 05-18-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9690872)
Thanks for the kind words. She was fine. She was just far too kind for her own good and got screwed by her tenants. I wish we could have fixed all that stuff perfectly but hopefully the lipstick we put on the pig helped it sell. That was a real mess for all of us.

let me put in another good word...

phobia has dome relatively minor work for me but i would vouch for his work anytime...

one of the good guys out there, really...

bringbackmarty 05-18-2013 07:16 PM

Phil's good people, does great work, he's a good boss too. Fun guy to be around while you work, easygoing, tells jokes, only an asshole when it's absolutely necessary, and he always keeps his word. Taught me more than a few things about light construction, decks, remodeling. Gives good advice to me whenever I need it. Plus he and CP hired me to play some jazz for a CP get together right when I moved back here in '05. Thanks Phil!
Edit - (to clarify: I worked for Phil on a couple of projects, not currently one of his employees)

Jewish Rabbi 05-18-2013 08:51 PM

Can we get a mod to change the title to "Phobia bukkake thread"?

Phobia 05-18-2013 09:05 PM

This should probably be stuck to the top of the forum for a few months too.

pkane 05-18-2013 09:20 PM

Since the topic took a turn into stroking Phobia's ego, I'll join in. I heard about his work through CP and figured I give him a call to do some work at my house. He does very good work at an affordable price. I was pleased with what was done and referred him to my parents with similar results. I can't say a bad word about him. Definitely worth a call to get a quote or even to bounce ideas off to. He gave me a few ideas on things that I would not of thought of myself. Really knowledgeable about his line of work.

While we are out giving recommendations on people. If you are looking to buy or sell a house I couldn't give a big enough recommendation to doomy3. He works his ass off and keeps you updated with everything going on. Another guy really knowledgable in his line of work and very honest.

Phobia 05-18-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringbackmarty (Post 9690985)
Phil's good people, does great work, he's a good boss too. Fun guy to be around while you work, easygoing, tells jokes, only an asshole when it's absolutely necessary, and he always keeps his word. Taught me more than a few things about light construction, decks, remodeling. Gives good advice to me whenever I need it. Plus he and CP hired me to play some jazz for a CP get together right when I moved back here in '05. Thanks Phil!
Edit - (to clarify: I worked for Phil on a couple of projects, not currently one of his employees)

Remember when we had like 8 guys on that one project named some iteration of "Mike"? Even the concrete truck driver was named Mike.

J Diddy 05-18-2013 10:36 PM

Phobia has rotten wood and his hammer doesn't work anymore.

:evil:

I had to break up the love fest.

KCSLC2008 05-19-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9186987)
Wow, $2500 before he even did a lick of work. Who does that?

Synthesis2 does, pay attention. ;)

Buehler445 05-19-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9690526)
I will buy the supplies and sit them in my yard... You will be working for me, you will either do business my way or go work for someone else ... Savvy?

Be careful if you provide too much. There is a tax form that the contractor can fill out saying that you should have have provided him W-2 Wages instead of a 1099. Then you're on the hook for his SE tax.

I don't know what the rules are though. But if you're providing everything, it sounds a lot like an employee than a contractor.

Prison Bitch 05-19-2013 11:21 AM

This scam is becoming quite popular. I never, ever ever give money for materials. If the company can't float the money for materials they should not be in business.

Phobia 05-19-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9691847)
This scam is becoming quite popular. I never, ever ever give money for materials. If the company can't float the money for materials they should not be in business.

Depends on how much for how long. Home Depot can afford to float the cost of materials but if you special order something, you pay for it in advance. There's no absolute answer on it. I've deviated from my policies to make a client comfortable. But the real answer is that you don't do business with random idiots you found on the internet. Get a referral from a friend or pick somebody you know to be local and established.

Prison Bitch 05-19-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9692007)
Depends on how much for how long. Home Depot can afford to float the cost of materials but if you special order something, you pay for it in advance. There's no absolute answer on it. I've deviated from my policies to make a client comfortable. But the real answer is that you don't do business with random idiots you found on the internet. Get a referral from a friend or pick somebody you know to be local and established.

I've used Craigslist and it normally works out fairly well, you can screen people on their emails and their phone calls when you talk with them. Plus you can look up arrest records online if you want to.

I had a guy want money up front to paint my house, needed $500 for paint. I said, "Oh that's great! I have $200 in Home Depot gift cards and I can use them to go grab it today. When can you start?" One guy sulked on the phone saying he wasn't sure what his schedule was and that he'd have to call me back. Instantly I knew he was trying to scam.

bringbackmarty 05-19-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9691426)
Remember when we had like 8 guys on that one project named some iteration of "Mike"? Even the concrete truck driver was named Mike.

Yeah that was pretty funny. "Hey Mike." - four guys all say "what". Jim and Barbara's new house as I recall.
"G@# d*#$&^t Barbara!" I still say that while impersonating him when I'm joking with the wife.