ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Am I the only one that hates Kenny Mayne? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197365)

eazyb81 11-25-2008 11:44 AM

Am I the only one that hates Kenny Mayne?

I am so fucking sick of ESPN trying to shove Kenny Mayne down our throats over the last few years. His stupid stories make me want to puke, they're so unfunny and I hate his smug sense of humor. Now they're promoting his new "Mayne Street" thing, whatever that is. I just went to ESPN.com and a video for this show is on the main page!

Quote:

Kenny Mayne is hosting "SportsCenter." He is on the air in a mere five minutes. Surely he's completely and totally prepared, right? Because that's how any true professional would act.

Oh my God, what a crazy guy! Puke. This guy is such a f'n turd. He has been off sportscenter for like ten years, but is such a loser that he can't move on and get a decent gig anywhere else.

blueballs 11-25-2008 11:47 AM

I have no idea who this is
sounds like I win

alpha_omega 11-25-2008 11:51 AM

Nope, you are not alone.

That guy seems like a complete dope, and his schtick is not even funny. When they say "coming up next, Kenny Mayne"....i turn the channel as quick as possible.

Archie Bunker 11-25-2008 11:51 AM

IMO he is the only ESPN personality worth a shit.

Gonzo 11-25-2008 11:57 AM

I dunno, I've always thought he was fairly funny. I like his new intraweb stories.

BigRedChief 11-25-2008 11:57 AM

I like about 60% of his pieces. The Sporanos one with the then Cowboys coach and the spoof of the Sopranos final episode is a classic.

TrickyNicky 11-25-2008 11:57 AM

Some of his bits are stupid, but the segment where NFL players didn't know how to drink water because they've had waterboys their whole careers was pretty funny.

eazyb81 11-25-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 5248137)
Nope, you are not alone.

That guy seems like a complete dope, and his schtick is not even funny. When they say "coming up next, Kenny Mayne"....i turn the channel as quick as possible.

Yep, same here.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-25-2008 12:23 PM

He's done some hilarious stuff. During Culpepper's awesome '04 season, they did a segment on why he got his roll on after every TD, tracing it to a phantom traveling call in 6th grade basketball.

RJ 11-25-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5248194)
He's done some hilarious stuff. During Culpepper's awesome '04 season, they did a segment on why he got his roll on after every TD, tracing it to a phantom traveling call in 6th grade basketball.

That was a great bit. Another was Jerome Bettis bowling - he rolled from about three yards from the pins.

I understand how some people wouldn't like him, though. You gotta have a silly side to find that stuff funny.

Quesadilla Joe 11-25-2008 12:34 PM

Kenny Mayne is much better than that douchenozzle Trey Wingo

Stewie 11-25-2008 12:36 PM

I've said it before, but when Craig Kilborn (who's actually funny) left ESPN and got his own show everyone else thought they could do the same. Problem is, everyone Kilborn left behind are comedic hacks who THINK they're funny.

Goapics1 11-25-2008 12:37 PM

Wasn't Kenny Mayne a backup QB at UNLV behind Randall Cunningham?

Molitoth 11-25-2008 12:43 PM

I'm not saying some of Mayne's skits aren't funny... but I find him totally annoying and wouldn't be sad if I never saw another one of his pieces.

Then again, I have always enjoyed Chris Berman, yet it seems everyone else hates him...
Rumblin, bumblin, stumblin...

OnTheWarpath15 11-25-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goapics1 (Post 5248217)
Wasn't Kenny Mayne a backup QB at UNLV behind Randall Cunningham?

IIRC, Mayne was the backup, but Cunningham was the 3rd stringer.

There was only one year they were there at the same time, Mayne's senior year, and Cunningham's freshman year.