ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2017-2018 Official NBA Regular season (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310905)

Al Bundy 10-17-2017 06:36 PM

2017-2018 Official NBA Regular season

Let's start it... Warriors going for a back to back and 3 out of 4. Yikes for Gordon Hayward.

Titty Meat 10-17-2017 06:43 PM

Yawn

New World Order 10-17-2017 06:56 PM

Cleveland has the most talented roster of all time.

All-stars at every position.

Unsmooth-Moment 10-17-2017 06:57 PM

Cleveland will be intriguing. Lotta star potential, Boston just got a lot weaker. Watching the west this year will be great.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Al Bundy 10-17-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13158739)

Still gonna lose to the Warriors in the finals.

RobBlake 10-17-2017 07:00 PM

Quote:

Still the warriors

dirk digler 10-17-2017 07:00 PM

Don't know if anyone saw Gordon Hayward breaking his ankle but it was pretty gruesome. I guess he is lucky it was just his ankle. 6 minutes in and changes the Celtics season.

Pitt Gorilla 10-17-2017 07:20 PM

Cavs whipping dat ass. Celts look like they are already tanking.

PAChiefsGuy 10-17-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13158784)
Cavs whipping dat ass. Celts look like they are already tanking.

No Gordon Hayward... They need him to beat a team like the Cavs. He is probably out for a very long time too. Sucks...

AssEaterChief 10-17-2017 07:27 PM

I agree, I think it's probably the most talented team Lebron has ever had around him.

I also think they'll lose in the finals…

Pitt Gorilla 10-17-2017 07:48 PM

Boston making a game of it!

KC_Connection 10-17-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Golden State will destroy them again with their 2 actual MVPs, one defensive MVP, and the top SG in the NBA.

lewdog 10-17-2017 07:52 PM

Suns are gonna be a force out West this year.

dirk digler 10-17-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

It is an All Star team of old guys

dirk digler 10-17-2017 08:01 PM

This game was suppose to be an easy night for Lebron but he already has 31 minutes

PAChiefsGuy 10-17-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13158853)
Boston making a game of it!

I am shocked. Boston showing a lot of heart this gm.

KC_Connection 10-17-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 13158885)
It is an All Star team of old guys

Probably would have had a shot at the Warriors in 2011.

KC_Connection 10-17-2017 08:25 PM

A big issue for the Cavs in the first half of this season will be the fact that Derrick Rose is terrible and has the ball in his hands too much.

dirk digler 10-17-2017 08:29 PM

Well shit

dirk digler 10-17-2017 08:32 PM

Irving almost had it. Fudge

KC_Connection 10-17-2017 08:39 PM

29-16-9 to start. I wonder if they will finally give LeBron MVP again this year.

Hammock Parties 10-17-2017 08:39 PM

sports is OK sometimes, thank christ

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMYxpCnVwAADxYd.jpg

PAChiefsGuy 10-17-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13158994)
sports is OK sometimes, thank christ

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMYxpCnVwAADxYd.jpg

Good to see there is no hard feelings after all the drama. Classy by LeBron

dirk digler 10-17-2017 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13158993)
29-16-9 to start. I wonder if they will finally give LeBron MVP again this year.

Probably not considering how bad the East is

Also major props to Lebron and the Cavs players after the game. All class

Buehler445 10-17-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13158953)
A big issue for the Cavs in the first half of this season will be the fact that Derrick Rose is terrible and has the ball in his hands too much.

If anyone can revive Rose it is LeBron. Remember how terrible Irvin was pre-LeBron? And then he had to tell everyone STFU I am point guard for a few games? LeBron is ridiculous.

If he does turn around Rose, he will go down as one of the best coaches ever. As a player.

At least until Rose blows a knee.

Buehler445 10-17-2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13159010)
Good to see there is no hard feelings after all the drama. Classy by LeBron

Nobody can say the man operates without class.

Hammock Parties 10-17-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13158993)

he would have lost tonight if hayward had not gotten hurt

lucky already

KC_Connection 10-17-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13159057)
he would have lost tonight if hayward had not gotten hurt

lucky already

I'm sure he was worrying all summer about those Celtics too. What an unstoppable dynamo of a team they would have been.

KC_Connection 10-17-2017 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13159045)
If anyone can revive Rose it is LeBron. Remember how terrible Irvin was pre-LeBron? And then he had to tell everyone STFU I am point guard for a few games? LeBron is ridiculous.

If he does turn around Rose, he will go down as one of the best coaches ever. As a player.

At least until Rose blows a knee.

Problem is Rose is a broken down shell of a player whereas Kyrie still hadn't reached his physical peak. Doubt he becomes any sort of a positive for them if he continues to take as many shots as he did tonight.

dirk digler 10-17-2017 09:11 PM

China Klay is killing it

BWillie 10-17-2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

1. Warriors
2. Cleveland
3. Spurs
4. Houston
5. Thunder
6. Who cares

BWillie 10-17-2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13159083)
Problem is Rose is a broken down shell of a player whereas Kyrie still hadn't reached his physical peak. Doubt he becomes any sort of a positive for them if he continues to take as many shots as he did tonight.

I really loved Reggie Millers dumbass commentary.

You have to let Kyrie go one-on-one here.

No, no you don't.

Kyrie throws up airball.

Boston loses.

Hero ball is not the most effective way to win games, period. ESPECIALLY in the final moments when they can focus on one player more than ever.

Watch Lebron, Warriors, Spurs, Hawks. Spacing of the floor. Open man gets the ball. Less dribbling around into no where. That is how you win.

Hammock Parties 10-17-2017 09:24 PM

so it begins

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMYd2jgUEAAil4u.jpg:large

BWillie 10-17-2017 09:31 PM

God, I ****ing love basketball. It's just so much more entertaining than any sport out there. It's a god damn shame Kansas City has no pro team. Can we trade Sporting KC for the Sacramento Kings, or something?

I'm telling you, some NBA teams need to partner with smaller cities. Maybe not NY, LA, Chicago. But maybe teams like Minnesota, Orlando, Oklahoma City, Memphis. You'll always call them the Minnesota Timberwolves. But maybe 7 games a year, have home games in Des Moines and for just those games only call them the Des Moines Timberwolves. You can sell more apparel. You can fill some extra seats in the dog days of the season. You can gain fans in the long term. OKC could do Kansas City. Orlando could do Tampa. Memphis could do Louisville & so on.

tk13 10-17-2017 11:30 PM

Houston escapes.

New World Order 10-18-2017 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13159083)

No one bitched more about Kyrie than you.

Now all of the sudden Kyrie is a star that hasn't even reached his peak.

Cleveland has talent at pretty much every position.

By far the most talented roster in the league from the starters to the bench.

Mav 10-18-2017 01:38 AM

The Cavs exploited Kyrie, switching him into bad matchups. It was smart. Cavs when the gel should be scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcaj22 10-18-2017 03:06 AM

Cavs are definitely better with these old names and I am curious to see how they stack up in the finals.

Anytime you can move that bum Tristan Thompson to the bench it's a win by itself. He was a STARTER last year and is TERRIBLE.

PAChiefsGuy 10-18-2017 12:59 PM

Can't wait to watch the Spurs beat the piss out of the TimberWolves tonight without Leonard... It's going to be great...

Interested to see how the 76ers do as well.

RealSNR 10-18-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13159890)
Can't wait to watch the Spurs beat the piss out of the TimberWolves tonight without Leonard... It's going to be great...

Interested to see how the 76ers do as well.

Awww how cute. You love me. You think about me non-stop.

PAChiefsGuy 10-18-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13159902)
Awww how cute. You love me. You think about me non-stop.

Enjoy the ass kicking tonight

Ming the Merciless 10-18-2017 01:11 PM

anyone really knowledgeable about the NBA have any clue how many games teh sac kings might win? I have a chance to win some money if they win 43 games or more but not sure if I should take the bet..

its chump change so I might do it anyway but is there any chance the kings can go .500 this season?

thanks in advance

RealSNR 10-18-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13159904)
Enjoy the ass kicking tonight

You're gonna kick the asses of a Western Conference playoff team WITHOUT Kawhi or Parker?

Yeah, you might win. But it ain't gonna be a blowout. You guys are going to hurt bad without Kawhi on Jimmy Butler. And KAT is going to utterly rape Lamarcus Aldridge. Oof. That ain't gonna be fun for you.

The only significant advantage you have is Danny Green on Teague and most of your bench against ours. That's about it.

If it IS a blowout, I'll be very surprised.

PAChiefsGuy 10-18-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13159925)
You're gonna kick the asses of a Western Conference playoff team WITHOUT Kawhi or Parker?

Yeah, you might win. But it ain't gonna be a blowout. You guys are going to hurt bad without Kawhi on Jimmy Butler. And KAT is going to utterly rape Lamarcus Aldridge. Oof. That ain't gonna be fun for you.

The only significant advantage you have is Danny Green on Teague and most of your bench against ours. That's about it.

Alright I got a little carried away but we should win. Spurs play best team basketball in the NBA and have the best coach. We'll be alright.

San Antonio has won 11 consecutive games against Minnesota, including all four meetings last season. The 11-game streak is tied for their second-longest active win streak versus any opponent.

Pitt Gorilla 10-18-2017 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13159909)
anyone really knowledgeable about the NBA have any clue how many games teh sac kings might win? I have a chance to win some money if they win 43 games or more but not sure if I should take the bet..

its chump change so I might do it anyway but is there any chance the kings can go .500 this season?

thanks in advance

They'll be better, but I'm not sure they crack .500.

Pitt Gorilla 10-18-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Really looking forward to this game, along with the Bucks, and, honestly, most of the others. NBA is back!

mcaj22 10-18-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13159909)

thanks in advance

Easier to look at the teams with worse rosters or that you think will finish under them in the standings in the West

Phoenix, Lakers, maybe Utah, maybe New Orleans, maybe Dallas.

The maybe teams have more studs but also just as much holes.

Kings have a good coach and they brought in some veterans to mix with their youth, but those vets are probably just cashing in on another payday. I can't see ZBO, Vince Carter and George Hill carrying them to 43 wins.

KC_Connection 10-18-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13159289)
No one bitched more about Kyrie than you.

Now all of the sudden Kyrie is a star that hasn't even reached his peak.

I was referring to what Kyrie was when LeBron got there (a 21 year old 3rd year player), not what he is now. Bit of a difference there compared to a guy with shot knees in Derrick Rose.

New World Order 10-18-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13160315)
I was referring to what Kyrie was when LeBron got there (a 21 year old 3rd year player), not what he is now. Bit of a difference there compared to a guy with shot knees in Derrick Rose.

You still have Isiah Thomas, one of the best pgs in the NBA

Rose is a backup for Cle that would start on a number of teams. He's still a 15-16 ppg player.

Easily the best roster on paper of all-time.

TEX 10-18-2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13159263)
Houston escapes.

:clap: Any type of win at Golden State is BIG! Congrats Rockets! But when it's all said and done, the Rockets will be the 3rd or 4th best team in the West. :shrug:

KC_Connection 10-18-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13160335)
You still have Isiah Thomas, one of the best pgs in the NBA

Yes...when he's actually back. Until then, they have a scrub playing PG that takes far too many shots for what he is these days.

Pitt Gorilla 10-18-2017 09:09 PM

Celts look good; not Bucks good, but good.

KC_Connection 10-18-2017 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13160540)
Celts look good; not Bucks good, but good.

So 45 wins in the East good? The Raptors have been better than that for four years running. Doesn't mean all that much.

Why Not? 10-18-2017 09:39 PM

My God, the Suns are going to really suck this year

New World Order 10-18-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13160385)
Yes...when he's actually back. Until then, they have a scrub playing PG that takes far too many shots for what he is these days.

With Isiah do they have the best roster in the NBA?

Superbowltrashcan 10-18-2017 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13159131)
I'm telling you, some NBA teams need to partner with smaller cities. Maybe not NY, LA, Chicago. But maybe teams like Minnesota, Orlando, Oklahoma City, Memphis. You'll always call them the Minnesota Timberwolves. But maybe 7 games a year, have home games in Des Moines and for just those games only call them the Des Moines Timberwolves. You can sell more apparel. You can fill some extra seats in the dog days of the season. You can gain fans in the long term. OKC could do Kansas City. Orlando could do Tampa. Memphis could do Louisville & so on.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/photos.geni...ings_large.jpg

* It wasn't nine games though. It was more like half the home games. Never knew when they were in town. Nine games in Omaha would have been okay.

Ming the Merciless 10-19-2017 12:21 AM

Thanks for the advice...all

I appreciate it.

I took the bet anyway LOL.

Because chiefs

PAChiefsGuy 10-19-2017 01:46 AM

Quote:

ROFL

Timberwolves garbage NBA franchise just like the RealSNRs and Pawnmovers posts...

RealSNR 10-19-2017 06:52 AM

Pennsyltucky Spurs "fan" who has never been to San Antonio is all butthurt by all the mean things I said about his dumbass butt****ing QB boyfriend.

I'LL SHOW HIM! THE TIMBERWOLVES?! BAHAHAHAHA!! THEY LOSE LOTS AND LOTS OF GAMES! I'M GOING TO LET HIM KNOW THAT HIS BASKETBALL TEAM ISN'T VERY GOOD! OH MAN I'M GREAT! I LOVE CRAIG POPOVICHSKY AND ALL THE GOOD SPURS PLAYERS LIKE DEMARCUS ALDRICH AND PATTY MAYONNAISE!!

Once again, you'll forgive me if I can't take you seriously due to your butt****ing idiotic football opinions and your amazing story of how you acquired your Spurs fan card.

Oh, and how the **** was I wrong about last night's game? You were so excited to blow out the Wolves. What happened?

PAChiefsGuy 10-19-2017 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13160796)
Pennsyltucky Spurs "fan" who has never been to San Antonio is all butthurt by all the mean things I said about his dumbass butt****ing QB boyfriend.

I'LL SHOW HIM! THE TIMBERWOLVES?! BAHAHAHAHA!! THEY LOSE LOTS AND LOTS OF GAMES! I'M GOING TO LET HIM KNOW THAT HIS BASKETBALL TEAM ISN'T VERY GOOD! OH MAN I'M GREAT! I LOVE CRAIG POPOVICHSKY AND ALL THE GOOD SPURS PLAYERS LIKE DEMARCUS ALDRICH AND PATTY MAYONNAISE!!

Once again, you'll forgive me if I can't take you seriously due to your butt****ing idiotic football opinions and your amazing story of how you acquired your Spurs fan card.

Oh, and how the **** was I wrong about tonight's game? You were so excited to blow out the Wolves. What happened?

I love you too.

Hydrae 10-19-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13160579)

But the Blazers may make some noise. Not that they will get very far in the post season against the super teams out there but should be a fun season!

MVChiefFan 10-19-2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13160579)

Yep, lifelong Suns fan here. I mean, I didn’t expect them to do any good this season, but good lord that was embarrassing! I just don’t understand how that franchise has gotten so bad. It has to start with a sucky owner, front office, and head coach. Booker is their only star right now, but I don’t think they’ve got THAT horrible of a team.

suzzer99 10-19-2017 11:48 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Absolutely amazing weird NBA moment find by <a href="https://twitter.com/NBA_Reddit?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NBA_Reddit</a>&#39;s u/Colvjs, every Suns player starts running at same EXACT time after turnover <a href="https://t.co/ztQgZRzIyR">pic.twitter.com/ztQgZRzIyR</a></p>&mdash; Rob Perez (@World_Wide_Wob) <a href="https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/921015335897182208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 19, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mesmerizing

Hydrae 10-19-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13161249)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Absolutely amazing weird NBA moment find by <a href="https://twitter.com/NBA_Reddit?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NBA_Reddit</a>&#39;s u/Colvjs, every Suns player starts running at same EXACT time after turnover <a href="https://t.co/ztQgZRzIyR">pic.twitter.com/ztQgZRzIyR</a></p>&mdash; Rob Perez (@World_Wide_Wob) <a href="https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/921015335897182208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 19, 2017</a></blockquote>

Mesmerizing

That is crazy looking. They all turn, plant their right foot, and go in sync. Maybe they would have better luck as a dance troupe than a basketball team. :D

vailpass 10-19-2017 01:34 PM

Hooray. Another exciting nba regular season has started.

MVChiefFan 10-19-2017 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 13161447)
That is crazy looking. They all turn, plant their right foot, and go in sync. Maybe they would have better luck as a dance troupe than a basketball team. :D

Or, and hear me out on this, they may be robots and someone’s chubby, whiny six year old nephew with ADHD gets to run the remote.

KC_Connection 10-19-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13160580)
With Isiah do they have the best roster in the NBA?

Not even the most diehard of Cavs fans would believe that.

dirk digler 10-19-2017 08:42 PM

OKC look good tonight even though they played the Knicks. They are going to be extremely tough and I could see them in the Finals

KC_Connection 10-21-2017 11:26 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Both <a href="https://twitter.com/StephenCurry30?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@StephenCurry30</a> AND <a href="https://twitter.com/KDTrey5?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KDTrey5</a> get EJECTED after Curry throws his mouthpiece at a ref! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GSWvsMEM?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GSWvsMEM</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBA?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NBA</a> <a href="https://t.co/zMg7svZrAE">pic.twitter.com/zMg7svZrAE</a></p>&mdash; Chat Sports (@ChatSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChatSports/status/921927851120656388?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 22, 2017</a></blockquote>

Just imagine the reaction if LeBron did anything like this.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 10-21-2017 11:29 PM

Warriors are so unlikeable

RealSNR 10-21-2017 11:30 PM

Keep your disgusting mouthguard in your ****ing face, Curry. Didn't you throw that shit into the crowd last year?

NBA should fine your ass every time you chew on it and show its disgusting contents to the world when you shoot free throws.

dirk digler 10-22-2017 07:26 PM

Twolves for real. Wiggins with the game winning 3 to beat OKC

RealSNR 10-22-2017 07:28 PM

Perfect.

Just perfect.

Andrew Wiggins with probably the biggest shot of his career.

Carmello, you smello.

dirk digler 10-22-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13171514)
Perfect.

Just perfect.

Andrew Wiggins with probably the biggest shot of his career.

Carmello, you smello.

Melo couldn't believe it. That was awesome and the Wolves deserved that win anyway they were beating them the whole game.

Mav 10-22-2017 10:14 PM

Pelicans squeak out versus the Lakers. I was beyond pissed that they cut Jordan Crawford for Jameer Nelson but now I see why. Ian Clark needs more run and they needed a true point to move the offense. I still think their biggest issue is Gentry. He needs to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al Bundy 10-23-2017 09:36 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">!!!!!! <a href="https://t.co/0QA0f2wUrX">pic.twitter.com/0QA0f2wUrX</a></p>&mdash; GoldenStateWarriors (@warriors) <a href="https://twitter.com/warriors/status/922656837857509376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 24, 2017</a></blockquote>

BWillie 10-23-2017 10:51 PM

Ish Smith. 29 yrs old. Already has been on 10 teams, a couple of them twice. Most underappreciated player in the NBA!

dirk digler 10-25-2017 08:06 PM

The Nets beat the Cavs lulz

Miles 10-25-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 13176072)
The Nets beat the Cavs lulz

Without Lin who ruined his knee and Russel also out tonight.

All In 10-25-2017 09:24 PM

Huge Spurs fan here.