ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Update on Tyreek Hill (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322406)

Mulliganman 04-19-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14214410)
Brooke is a SJW who wants to make a name for herself. She doesn’t give a shit about Chiefs football. Where is her knowledgeable columns on who the Chiefs should draft?

Maybe she will get a “promotion” or new opportunity so we can actually get a good beat writer for the team

Codered 04-19-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14214483)
Yea,that's totally what it is, has nothing to do with how the star has covered this from the start.

Keep focusing in on that. Because it really matters!

FAX 04-19-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codered (Post 14214477)
No, I would say you are upset the picture that fits your ideal outcome hasn't been met and that upsets you. At this point, very little real information has been released by any media outlet. It's been a wait and see mode. However, we do now know that temporary custody has been lost.

But, by all means, let's focus on how terrible an article headline is.

Anyone who thinks this situation hasn't been sensationalized by the KC press (to the extent they can) is either stupid, willfully obtuse, or a Star reporter. There is an important difference between implication and fact.

Some people will lap up the pap. All day, every day.

FAX

Codered 04-19-2019 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14214488)
Anyone who thinks this situation hasn't been sensationalized by the KC press (to the extent they can) is either stupid, willfully obtuse, or a Star reporter. There is an important difference between implication and fact.

Some people will lap up the pap. All day, every day.

FAX

Or some people don't really care what is reported and wait for outcomes. I don't read the Star so maybe that is why it never mattered to me. I don't know, but the lack of discussion about the fact that he lost custody and the focus on an article headline is a bit silly.

Mecca 04-19-2019 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codered (Post 14214487)

The star has been trying to convict him in the court of public opinion since day 1 and yes it does ****ing matter.

kcpasco 04-19-2019 08:35 AM

Unpopular take so go ahead and flame away. Family court deals all the time with how parents discipline their children. My father used to whip my ass with a tree switch and we still talk. Let the courts handle this and everyone else should **** off. It honestly is a private matter.

FAX 04-19-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codered (Post 14214487)

It isn't a matter of "focus". Two things can exist simultaneously.

And discounting (or ignoring) one does not automatically and immediately eliminate the other.

Strawman arguments are hella boring.

FAX

Codered 04-19-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14214496)
It isn't a matter of "focus". Two things can exist simultaneously.

And discounting (or ignoring) one does not automatically and immediately eliminate the other.

Strawman arguments are hella boring.

FAX

Fair enough. What I find silly can be relevant to others.

TwistedChief 04-19-2019 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14214483)
Yea,that's totally what it is, has nothing to do with how the star has covered this from the start.

Now that the child has been removed from the home...

And as it's become clear there's a genuine investigation that has likely uncovered something that seems questionable...

Is there anything from the initial reporting that you deem grossly inaccurate?

I completely appreciated people's anger toward the Star when all of this first came out. But now I fail to see how that persists. I think Pryor is a terrible reporter and felt that way long before this situation, but in light of these developments, it's pretty clear that the Star wasn't just sensationalizing some off-the-record source's dubious account.

I find it really hard to see how some of you are still pinning blame on them.

Loneiguana 04-19-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14213368)
Is this like someone taking a driver's education class to get a deferment for a speeding ticket?

Kinda.

What happens depends on how severe they find the abuse to be, whether they believe it was a pattern of abuse or a one time "mistake", whether they believe education can fix the issue so it doesn't happen again, and how 'improved' the home situation looks in weeks or months down the road.

For child services, family reunification is the number one goal. Education and classes are a big part of that, and it sounds like the kid is only getting a temporary placement with a relative. That's normal in these cases. Ensure the child is in a safe place while the parents get their shit together.

Though I could be wrong, I haven't heard either way if the court has terminated parental rights. If and when that happens, then you know Tyreek has probable lost this case no matter what education he gets.

Let's hope that doesn't or hasn't happened.

Aspengc8 04-19-2019 08:41 AM

hopefully theres no conviction so he doesnt get suspended.

MahiMike 04-19-2019 08:41 AM

Why would they take the kid away from the mom unless she was guilty?

BTW, the kid is really cute.

TEX 04-19-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 14214229)
The kid suffered a spiral fracture. That is documented. Spiral fractures are pretty common in child abuse cases and is caused by either twisting or jerking an extremity.

If I had to venture a guess, and this is pure speculation, the kid was in trouble for something and was pulling away from his dad; dad is frustrated and yanks the kid back by the arm. The problem is, dad is a pro athlete and doesn't realize his own strength, especially under effect of adrenaline due to aggravation from kid. Kid winds up with a broken arm.

While the outcome wasn't intentional, it still isn't OK. It is child abuse.

Maybe so... My 3-year- old niece got a spiral fracture when she was grabbed and spun around by her father (a fat guy - no pro athlete) who saved her from falling into a swimming pool. Maybe he didn't realize his own strength while under the effects of adrenaline also? While the outcome wasn't intentional, it was OK in this case as compared to drowning. It was probably one of the few examples where a spiral fracture occured with no ties to child abuse. But questions were asked. Shit just happened. :shrug:

Loneiguana 04-19-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14213461)
It could be good news ...

It appears to be some sort of intermediate intervention system designed to establish the severity of any potential threat to the child's well-being. Of course, those are words that mean essentially nothing, really.

My guess is that, if there's evidence of actual abuse that can be attributed to an individual, the LEOs can take over. If there are other sufficient reasons to believe that the child's long-term interests are in jeopardy, child services can step in. In the absence of those concerns, it seems like family counseling might be recommended.

I also don't know how the system is constructed. Is it a single, family-court judge? A panel of "experts"? A target and a box of darts? Who knows?

FAX

Termination of parental rights requires a court, yes. Police or Child services can request it.

TwistedChief 04-19-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 14214512)
hopefully theres no conviction so he doesnt get suspended.

/thread