ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Post Pioli, are we looking at a full rebuild? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264693)

qabbaan 10-05-2012 04:24 PM

Post Pioli, are we looking at a full rebuild?

Let's be optimistic and imagine for a moment that the end of this season brings the axe, and Pioli, Crennel, Cassel, and most of the team's major problems are swept out as Clark Hunt proves he is not an absentee owner and does in fact care about winning.

Are we looking at a near total rebuild, at this point?

This would be a team with no GM, no coaching staff worth retaining, and no quarterback. Most of Pioli's draft choices have melted away like cotton candy. If we had a window when we snuck into that Wild Card game, it seems to have closed. But the Chiefs are the 8th youngest team in the league with an average age of 25.8

Would we find a new GM attempting to retain talent like Bowe, Dorsey, Johnson, etc?

Or are we in "blow it up except for Houston, Hali, and a few select parts" territory?

Do the fans have the stomach for another rebuild?

DeezNutz 10-05-2012 04:25 PM

Get a franchise QB and there's no such thing as a rebuild. "Rebuild" is code for "we need a ****ing QB."

jd1020 10-05-2012 04:25 PM

**** no.

There is talent across the board on this team.

This team needs a coach who doesn't want to reinvent the wheel and a QB.

Scorp 10-05-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8979870)
Get a franchise QB and there's no such thing as a rebuild.

What is that? LMAO

Nightfyre 10-05-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8979873)
**** no.

There is talent across the board on this team.

This team needs a coach who doesn't want to reinvent the wheel and a QB.

Another rare moment where I agree in totality with something jd1020 posts. Are there pigs flying somewhere?

Tribal Warfare 10-05-2012 04:26 PM

If we truly blow it up go to a 4-3 instead of a 3-4 that will totally **** over Hali and Houston, and we should look at them as trade bait then.

RealSNR 10-05-2012 04:27 PM

Why the **** would we do that?

DeezNutz 10-05-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 8979874)
What is that? LMAO

It's what happens in other NFL cities that aren't usurped by embarrassing GMs who are more concerned with hosting golden showers with select media members so they continue to prop up an undeserved reputation of competency.

qabbaan 10-05-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8979870)
Get a franchise QB and there's no such thing as a rebuild. "Rebuild" is code for "we need a ****ing QB."

Sure, but you could have the best candidates in coaching positions be from a 4-3 system, for example. Are we at a crossroads where we flip a few for picks or do we try to repair this team?

I don't see this team as being a QB away from a playoff team... Personally. There are deeper problems.

FAX 10-05-2012 04:28 PM

No way we need to rebuild.

We need a makeover ... not a do-over.

FAX

OnTheWarpath15 10-05-2012 04:28 PM

Unless we hire a GM who has a hard-on for Iowa Hawkeyes or midgets from the SEC, I'm thinking he'll have a lot of work to do.

We can certainly use an upgrade at several positions, and a 1-3 record (and getting curb-stomped in the losses) bears that out.

OnTheWarpath15 10-05-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8979880)
Sure, but you could have the best candidates in coaching positions be from a 4-3 system, for example. Are we at a crossroads where we flip a few for picks or do we try to repair this team?

I don't see this team as being a QB away from a playoff team... Personally. There are deeper problems.

This.

ptlyon 10-05-2012 04:29 PM

Depends on who you ask. If it's the new GM, he will probably want a few of his own pet guys.

Like with what we are living with now.

DeezNutz 10-05-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

I think it might be, actually. Part of the problem is that I don't believe the team is playing hard for Cassel, RAC, or Egoli.

jd1020 10-05-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Lets see... Our defense held the Saints to -16 yards in the 4th and OT and our offense has the talent any QB would dream of.

What are the deeper problems?