ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Terminator Reboot Set For 2015 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274165)

Tribal Warfare 06-28-2013 03:21 AM

Terminator Reboot Set For 2015

Paramount Sets ‘Terminator’ Relaunch For June 26, 2015

Paramount has confirmed the long in the works deal to cofinance and distribute the reboot of James Cameron’s Terminator franchise creation. Highbrow picture maker Megan Ellison spent over $20 million for the rights in 2011, and the project didn’t go very far. Things finally started percolating when Megan Ellison and her Annapurna Pictures joined forces with brother David Ellison, whose Skydance Productions has a deal with Paramount and makes popcorn movies. Avatar’s Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier have been working on the script for months. Arnold Schwarzenegger returns as the title character and the hope is to get at least two movies done before North American copyright reverts back to Cameron, who might want a fortune or might want to retire the franchise. Here’s the announcement:

Quote:

Skydance Productions, Annapurna Pictures and Paramount Pictures have jointly announced they will partner on a rebooted “TERMINATOR” movie, to be released by Paramount Pictures on June 26, 2015.

The first in a stand-alone trilogy, “TERMINATOR” will be produced by Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison of Skydance. Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake of Skydance will serve as executive producers. Laeta Kalorgridis (“Avatar,” “Shutter Island”) and Patrick Lussier (“Drive Angry”) are attached to write the screenplay.

Launched in 1984 with star Arnold Schwarzenegger as the title character, “TERMINATOR” spanned 3 subsequent films, which have earned over $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

David Ellison most recently executive produced, along with his partners at Paramount, “World War Z,” “Star Trek Into Darkness,” “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” and “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol”. A 5th installment of in the “Mission: Impossible” franchise is in active development, along with a 3rd film in the “G.I. Joe” franchise, among other films.

Megan Ellison most recently produced the Academy Award®-nominated “Zero Dark Thirty,” “The Master” and executive produced “Spring Breakers” via her Annapurna Pictures banner and has David O. Russell’s “American Hustle,” Spike Jonze’s “Her,” and Bennett Miller’s “Foxcatcher” set for release later this year

Hammock Parties 06-28-2013 03:28 AM

a girl is in charge of terminator

just great

007 06-28-2013 03:35 AM

A reboot? JFC

CrazyPhuD 06-28-2013 03:42 AM

Great the Terminator Alzheimers....I'll be back.....I think....

loochy 06-28-2013 07:54 AM

Why?

Why the hell does terminator need a reboot?

There was nothing wrong with the original

Rasputin 06-28-2013 08:02 AM

I don't want to see flabby Arnold make any more Terminator movies. It be like watching Holyfield fight again.

AussieChiefsFan 06-28-2013 08:05 AM

I've got lots of nostalgia from the originals. Hopefully this doesn't shit all over that.

BigMeatballDave 06-28-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9781328)
Why?

Why the hell does terminator need a reboot?

There was nothing wrong with the original

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...C0gMQjM5p4g4LQ

loochy 06-28-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9781355)

it seems like all they do anymore is remake movies

how many different spider mans can there be?

expanding or continuing the story is one thing, but i really hate when they go back and make up a new story

Beef Supreme 06-28-2013 09:17 AM

1. It didn't need a reboot
2. If you do a reboot anyway, why the **** would you keep Arnold? He can't exactly pull off badass robot these days.

Mr. Laz 06-28-2013 09:28 AM

:doh!:

lazy,greedy bastiges

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9781215)
a girl is in charge of terminator

just great

You're missing the most important part of this press release: Skydance Productions.

World War Z, Ghost Protocol, True Grit, etc.

It was a brilliant move on her part to purchase the rights for such a small sum because she'll undoubtedly make a decent ROI.

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9781337)
I don't want to see flabby Arnold make any more Terminator movies. It be like watching Holyfield fight again.

Arnold isn't flabby. I saw him at the Palm recently and he looked great.

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9781358)
it seems like all they do anymore is remake movies

how many different spider mans can there be?

expanding or continuing the story is one thing, but i really hate when they go back and make up a new story

In regards to Spider-Man, it was either reboot the franchise or see the rights revert to Marvel.

Not defending, just explaining.

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9781217)
Great the Terminator Alzheimers....I'll be back.....I think....

Yeah, rebooting doesn't make much sense. It seems to me that a better idea would be to set it up with another timeline, another terminator, etc.

Something along the lines of Skynet somehow figuring out that their attempts to kill John Connor didn't work, so they need to take a different tactic in order to defeat the humans.