ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sharrif Floyd (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270686)

Direckshun 03-03-2013 04:42 PM

Sharrif Floyd

What are your thoughts?

Is this a #1 overall type guy?

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...l&player=46797

STRENGTHS - Floyd has the bulk and length required to play on the LOS. He displays solid natural strength at the POA when playing with proper leverage, and excels at stacking and shedding his man in time to make plays on runs in the box. He demonstrates very good read and react skills, and is surprisingly efficient at taking angles to the boundary and staying square to his target. He plays with non-stop effort from whistle to whistle which allows him to make plays other athletes his size simply can't.

WEAKNESSES - While Floyd generally displays solid QAB he is not innately explosive off the snap and struggles to consistently penetrate gaps. Once he gets his momentum up to full speed he struggles to break down and finish plays, losing out on numerous sack opportunities in games I graded. At times he gets too upright at the snap and can be driven off the ball on run plays. He lacks refinement in his pass rush moves, and must rely primarily on his hustle and ability to maul his man to get to the QB.

SUMMARY - Sharrif Floyd plays with a combination of power and competitiveness that few linemen can match. He flashes outstanding stack and shed ability and demonstrates very good football instincts. His most impressive trait is his ability to pursue laterally to the edge and finish by taking excellent angles and staying square to the RB, allowing him to adjust to cutbacks. What keeps him from being an elite prospect is his average burst off the snap and bad habit of getting upright at the snap, as can be moved off the ball despite his excellent natural strength. 34 teams will consider him a 5-technique end, while 43 teams would be wise to put him at LDE on rushing downs, and kick him inside to rush the passer on 3rd down. If he can learn to play with more consistent leverage off the ball and use his hands to set up a wider variety of pass moves, he has a chance to develop into one of the most versatile defensive linemen in this draft class.

bowener 03-03-2013 04:44 PM

Even if he is, I don't think I can stand another pick at the top of the 1st used on the DL.

Based on draft position you would think the Chiefs have built the best DL in the history of the NFL.

Sfeihc 03-03-2013 04:45 PM

**** it, if KC keeps Albert, let's do it!

DeezNutz 03-03-2013 04:50 PM

No, he's not. He's less gifted than Richardson, and notably so, but he has far less off-field concerns.

So no, no, no, a thousand times no.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-03-2013 04:59 PM

Why would we even think about him when we have the chance to draft *****.

DaKCMan AP 03-03-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9460990)
No, he's not. He's less gifted than Richardson, and notably so, but he has far less off-field concerns.

As a 3-4 DE I'd rather take Floyd. He's better against double teams whereas Richardson really struggles against the double (great against 1-on-1). Floyd is better against the run and is versatile to play any position along the line. Richardson has a quicker first step. IMO, Floyd hasn't reached his full potential yet.

RealSNR 03-03-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

WEAKNESSES - While Floyd generally displays solid QAB he is not innately explosive off the snap and struggles to consistently penetrate gaps. Once he gets his momentum up to full speed he struggles to break down and finish plays, losing out on numerous sack opportunities in games I graded. At times he gets too upright at the snap and can be driven off the ball on run plays. He lacks refinement in his pass rush moves, and must rely primarily on his hustle and ability to maul his man to get to the QB.
Oh goody. Another defensive lineman who needs to learn pass rush moves.

Are there any quality RBs near the top of the draft who need to learn how to make cuts? I'd like us to take a look at some of those. If we can get find a CB who doesn't know how to backpedal and a QB who needs to work on throwing accurately, I think we'll be set to go this draft.

Setsuna 03-03-2013 05:11 PM

It's Da Sherrif. Fail thread.

Bewbies 03-03-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9461059)
It's Da Sherrif. Fail thread.

I shot Da Sherrif, but I did not shoot da Q.B.

Sorter 03-03-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9461048)
Oh goody. Another defensive lineman who needs to learn pass rush moves.

Are there any quality RBs near the top of the draft who need to learn how to make cuts? I'd like us to take a look at some of those. If we can get find a CB who doesn't know how to backpedal and a QB who needs to work on throwing accurately, I think we'll be set to go this draft.

LMAO

DeezNutz 03-03-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9461044)
As a 3-4 DE I'd rather take Floyd. He's better against double teams whereas Richardson really struggles against the double (great against 1-on-1). Floyd is better against the run and is versatile to play any position along the line. Richardson has a quicker first step. IMO, Floyd hasn't reached his full potential yet.

Richardson can rush the passer, but he's also a quitting bitch, which is why he struggles against double-teams.

Dante84 03-04-2013 04:55 PM

Floyd vs. Joeckel

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4v1DAyNxvpI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJ's left nut 03-04-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9460990)

Expound.

I've seen nothing that leads me to believe that Sharrif Floyd is less gifted than Richardson, especially not considering he's 3.5 years younger than Richardson.

In light of today's ass-kicking of all things Chiefs contract related, if Geno is not the pick, Floyd should be.

Sfeihc 03-04-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 9460976)
**** it, if KC keeps Albert, let's do it!

THIS.:)

DeezNutz 03-04-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9464380)
Expound.

I've seen nothing that leads me to believe that Sharrif Floyd is less gifted than Richardson, especially not considering he's 3.5 years younger than Richardson.

In light of today's ass-kicking of all things Chiefs contract related, if Geno is not the pick, Floyd should be.

For his size and strength, Richardson's first step is elite, and I don't believe that Floyd measures up in this capacity, and his pass-rush moves/techniques are not refined enough to compensate for lack of elite skills.

He can certainly be a good pro, but not a great one.