ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The thing about the Chiefs and the post season... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=130927)

|Zach| 12-10-2005 07:07 PM

The thing about the Chiefs and the post season...

The scenarios have been thrown out...drawn and quartered. But the good thing about this year is...imagine if they make it.

If this team were to get in the playoffs it means they can roll with just about anyone. I think a Chiefs playoff team this year would have a lot more legitamacy as a team than the 2003 team ever did.

In order to make the playoffs we would have proven we can beat good teams. Most important we will have proved we can win against quality opponets on the road.

I am not sure what seed we would be...but I know I wouldn't want my team anywhere near the Chiefs if actually do what is needed to be in the post season.

carlos3652 12-10-2005 07:11 PM

Didnt you just post a thread like 3 days ago stating that you were not going to be one of the guys that doesnt talk about all the playoff stuff?

Good post by the way... I agree 100%

|Zach| 12-10-2005 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652
Didnt you just post a thread like 3 days ago stating that you were not going to be one of the guys that doesnt talk about all the playoff stuff?

Good post by the way... I agree 100%

Ha, I was more so pointing to the crazy situations being justified by mountains of outlandish stats...

Ok guys...the Texans can win the AFC West AND the NFC East...I can prove it!

ROFL

Hammock Parties 12-10-2005 07:16 PM

I don't think we can do anything in the playoffs unless we win the division.

elvomito 12-10-2005 07:29 PM

a few weeks ago, it would have been a true statement to say "making the playoffs would actually be harder than winning a playoff game."
now look where we are, able to beat any team remaining on our "brutal" schedule.
if we can actually get in, that would be amazing based on the first half of the season.
and if that happens, the only thing i would worry about is playing in denver.
and think about it, we'd be entering the playoffs on a 7-game winning streak!!

milkman 12-10-2005 08:02 PM

This team is getting healthy and peaking at the right time.

The defense is improving, and the return of Sims only increases that improvement.

Yeah, this is a team that can make some noise in the playoffs.

The real challenge is getting there.

KCJohnny 12-10-2005 10:07 PM

If only we hadn't choked at Buffalo, a team SD beat 42-14 or something like that. We'd be in the driver's seat. So now with Willie Roaf back and LJ rewriting the record books, and Gun's D being a serious factor in every win, this team has its destiny in its own hands. Personally, I think the Bills game will be the death of us this year, but if we do run the table (its quite possible, we're good against the NFC and deadly at home in December) then the only team we have to worry about is Indy. If Gun's D keeps improving (maturing of Derrick Johnson& Kawike Mitchell/return of Ryan Simms) then the only team that can stop the Kansas City Chiefs is the Kansas City Chiefs.

|Zach| 12-10-2005 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJohnny
If only we hadn't choked at Buffalo, a team SD beat 42-14 or something like that. We'd be in the driver's seat. So now with Willie Roaf back and LJ rewriting the record books, and Gun's D being a serious factor in every win, this team has its destiny in its own hands. Personally, I think the Bills game will be the death of us this year, but if we do run the table (its quite possible, we're good against the NFC and deadly at home in December) then the only team we have to worry about is Indy. If Gun's D keeps improving (maturing of Derrick Johnson& Kawike Mitchell/return of Ryan Simms) then the only team that can stop the Kansas City Chiefs is the Kansas City Chiefs.

Thanks for making this thread smell like a douchebag thats been out in the sun. Go away.

milkman 12-10-2005 10:09 PM

Quote:

Surprising, in't it?

Mr. Kotter 12-10-2005 10:18 PM

Quote:

I think you might be wrong; both Dallas and the Giants both have more players with parents who are combat veterans. I doubt we really stand a chance at either place...

FTR, what kinda pie do you think they'll be eating after the pregame meal tomorrow?

wazu 12-10-2005 10:20 PM

Quote:

If only we hadn't choked at Buffalo...

We always lose in Buffalo. The one that got away was Philly, our only home loss. We had them down by 18 in Arrowhead. That game was a disaster.

Skip Towne 12-10-2005 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
Surprising, in't it?

Who is Kawike Mitchell and Ryan Simms?

milkman 12-10-2005 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Who is Kawike Mitchell and Ryan Simms?

Damn you!

I didn't catch that.

I'll turn in my badge, Chief.

KCJohnny 12-10-2005 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam
We always lose in Buffalo. The one that got away was Philly, our only home loss. We had them down by 18 in Arrowhead. That game was a disaster.

TRUE! And Philly is a loser.

Halfcan 12-10-2005 10:27 PM

yup those two games would have us atop of the division.

lol, I thought I smelled something-this thread is ripe