ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Top DC Candidate (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268579)

philfree 01-07-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9291361)
I'm against the Tampa 2.

Fighting against a change to the 4-3 seems like a lost cause at this point. They're going to do it.

One step forward two steps back.

Damit Clark! You want to be like Pittsburgh then set the tone. Build a badass attacking D and never let the well run dry on talent. Keep it stocked. Also acquire a franchise QB. It's going to be hard to do if everytime we hire a new HC we change the damn defensive scheme.

HemiEd 01-07-2013 09:33 AM

Interesting.

As I said in the other thread, I am all for Reid's decisions until he ****s them up and right now he is batting 0 for 0.

Crazy that they wasted Dorsey's whole first contract trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, now after it is over, the round hole would be there.

TJ is finally starting to play like a draftable talent, albeit not 3rd overall. He would not fit in the 4-3, correct?

The Bad Guy 01-07-2013 09:35 AM

He would fit, but they aren't paying him that bonus or the base salary next year.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9291399)
Interesting.

As I said in the other thread, I am all for Reid's decisions until he ****s them up and right now he is batting 0 for 0.

Crazy that they wasted Dorsey's whole first contract trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, now after it is over, the round hole would be there.

TJ is finally starting to play like a draftable talent, albeit not 3rd overall. He would not fit in the 4-3, correct?

I wouldn't be so sure. In a 2-gap 4-3, you could play Jackson at DE and run Houston behind him at OLB.

I guess we'll see.

Rausch 01-07-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9291311)
Sure, but it's a lateral move.

We could tack on the "assistant HC" label or some other BS title and about $2 mil a year...

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9291409)
He would fit, but they aren't paying him that bonus or the base salary next year.

True.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9291415)
We could tack on the "assistant HC" label or some other BS title and about $2 mil a year...

I think they outlawed that.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmos (Post 9291305)
Watching every USC game the past year... Kiffin did not impress with superior talent.

USC pushed him out the door....

I do not want Kiffin, but the above is a myth. USC did not have superior talent on defense. They lacked depth and most of the hits from ncaa sanctions were on defense.

USC defensive players drafted by year:

2009 - 8
2010 - 3
2011 - 3
2012 - 1

Rausch 01-07-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9291418)
I think they outlawed that.

Gawd I hate teh lawyers...

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9291399)
Interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9291414)
I wouldn't be so sure. In a 2-gap 4-3, you could play Jackson at DE and run Houston behind him at OLB.

I guess we'll see.

I thought he looked best this season when they moved him inside on passing downs. Could see him as a DE on early downs (rushing plays) and then move inside as a penetrating DT on pass plays? Maybe?

chiefzilla1501 01-07-2013 09:45 AM

I initially hated the idea of kiffin but it's growing on me.

Didn't realize he runs the under. It's not Tampa 2. It's a very aggressive defense. It's what Seattle runs. Best news is it would be an easy transition. It's basically a 4-3 that uses 3-4 personnel.

Now.. This isn't his baby. Kiffin adapted to this defense and struggled with it at USC. But I love the scheme for kc.

Rausch 01-07-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9291440)
I thought he looked best this season when they moved him inside on passing downs. Could see him as a DE on early downs (rushing plays) and then move inside as a penetrating DT on pass plays? Maybe?

Jackson is the guy I think would be the worst fit in a 4-3.

Powe/Poe and Dorsey (if resigned) could handle DT in a rotation.

I don't like Hali as a 4-3 OLB and he's not strong enough to play the end...

dallaschiefsfan 01-07-2013 09:47 AM

Any DC that can work with our talent and exploit what we have....that's what I'm for. Schemes generally don't excite me. Having said that, I'd prefer a coach that can employ a 34-43 hybrid that's super-aggressive.

HemiEd 01-07-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9291409)

So they are just going to lose him you think? Maybe he will give the Chiefs a discount since he has been way overpaid?

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9291414)

I guess we'll see.

Would he then become a rushing DE, instead of just eating up blockers?
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9291440)

I would love to see them get some return on that huge investment.

ChiefMojo 01-07-2013 09:48 AM

Told you guys this was coming. All signs were pointing to the 4-3 under which the likes of Kiffin, Jauron and Seattle runs.

It is actually a defense that s similar to the 3-4.