ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Icing on the cake.. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133141)

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-06-2006 11:48 AM

Icing on the cake..

is that Vermiel and Edwards have a great relationship. How much time this offseason do you think they will spend communicating with each other about all the in's and out's about the team. It will be just an improved continuation of the Vermiel show with an emphasis on DEFENSE. And thats a good thing. Please Carl don't let Saunders get away!

ChiefsfaninPA 01-06-2006 11:50 AM

I would beleive that Saunders is gone, whether we want him to be or not. There are a couple of teams that are going to want him.

Rain Man 01-06-2006 11:51 AM

Hog farmer makes a good point.

milkman 01-06-2006 11:51 AM

Al Saunders is gone.

He won't come back, after being passed over for a promotion for a third time with this organization.

Mr. Laz 01-06-2006 11:51 AM

saunders is gone unless he can't get an HC job ... even then i bet he OC's back in st. louis.

jspchief 01-06-2006 11:52 AM

I was thinking last night, we might be able to get Vermeil in an advisor position, to help us keep the offense rolling.

Mr. Laz 01-06-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
saunders is gone unless he can't get an HC job ... even then i bet he OC's back in st. louis.

in fact, if i was saunders i'd be trying steal as many of the chiefs offensive coaches as possible to give Peterson a big F U.

Warrior5 01-06-2006 11:55 AM

Hog,

I think I'll wait on proclaiming icing or gravy until we see how our coordinator situation fleshes out.

I personally wanted AS as HC; he will almost certainly leave now. Will HE retain the "go for the jugular" offensive mindset, or go conservative?

If HE brings his DC with him, will Gun stay?

Hoping the turnover is minimal...

Baby Lee 01-06-2006 11:55 AM

On a related note, after seeing the Inside the NFL Coverage it struck me. Can anyone remember an NFL HC going out with so much love and congratulation from his team? Any NFL coach getting the Gatorade bath at the end?
Kind of curious what the dynamics are going to be in the next couple of years.

MOhillbilly 01-06-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
I was thinking last night, we might be able to get Vermeil in an advisor position, to help us keep the offense rolling.

he will be to drunked up crying in his wine, dreaming about what could have been.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-06-2006 11:56 AM

I am just hoping that other teams see Saunders as Carl did and believe he's not head coach material but a great OC and we can out bid others to keep him in that position.

MOhillbilly 01-06-2006 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior5
I think I'll wait on proclaiming icing or gravy until we see how our coordinator situation fleshes out.

I personally wanted AS as HC; he will almost certainly leave now. Will HE retain the "go for the jugular" offensive mindset, or go conservative?

If HE brings his DC with him, will Gun stay?

Hoping the turnover is minimal...

im dont think you can be demoted inside an org. youre already under contract w/.

milkman 01-06-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer
I am just hoping that other teams see Saunders as Carl did and believe he's not head coach material but a great OC and we can out bid others to keep him in that position.

Al Saunders was passed over by Marty in favor of Jimmy Raye for the OC position when Hackett went to USC. (JIMMY FREAKIN' RAYE)

He was passed over by Carl in favor of Gun (Gun!?!?.................) when Marty left.

Now this.

If I'm Al Saunders I tell the Chiefs to go **** themselves if they come to me asking me to stay on as OC.

HolmeZz 01-06-2006 12:19 PM

I can see us hiring Martz to be OC.

Rausch 01-06-2006 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
I can see us hiring Martz to be OC.

**** that...