ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Any Interest In Dumerville? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270867)

philfree 03-07-2013 11:15 PM

Any Interest In Dumerville?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...ording-reports

DENVER -- The Broncos are asking defensive end Elvis Dumervil to take a pay cut so they can create more salary-cap room for free agency.

Dumervil signed a six-year, $61.5 million contract in 2010 when Josh McDaniels was coaching the team and before John Elway joined the Denver front office. The seven-year veteran is scheduled to make $12 million in 2013.

AFC West blog

ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

The team wants Dumervil to take a cut or restructure his contract, according to a person familiar with the situation who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because details of the negotiations were not public.

The Denver Post first reported about the team's request.

Dumervil had 11 sacks last season, second on the team behind Von Miller. Dumervil led the league with 17 sacks in 2009.

The Broncos need more cap space while trying to shore up their interior defensive line, cornerback and running back positions. Peyton Manning will earn $20 million in 2013, and if the Broncos had Dumervil play at his current number, those two would account for more than one-quarter of their cap space.

Among the pass-rushers on the market this season include Manning's former teammate with the Colts, Dwight Freeney.

Dumervil's agent, Marty Magid, did not immediately respond to an email message from the AP.

Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
---------------

I don't know how he'd fit in for the Chiefs. Where would he fit around the league? Pitts?

TLO 03-07-2013 11:16 PM

For the right price, maybe.

listopencil 03-07-2013 11:20 PM

According to Elvis Dumervil's agent Marty Magid, the defensive end is willing to rework his deal:
They informed us they want to do a restructure. I'm not classifying this as a pay cut. I'm going ahead with this being a restructure. If we can meet on some common ground, there's a potential we can get it done. If we can't, they'll have to make a decision. But we're definitely in good faith going to try to negotiate this out. Elvis wants to return as a Bronco if it all possible, and that's what we're trying to do — make the client happy and try to appease the team.
Translation: Denver's going to have to pony up a lot more guaranteed money for my client to accept a lower salary.

Above all, there's one thing to know about this so-called negotiation between the Broncos and Dumervil - if the team were seeking a mild pay cut, it likely would have taken place entirely behind the scenes, and we'd only have heard about it after the fact.

Instead, it's playing out very publicly, which tells us that Denver is seeking a serious pay cut. Mike Klis has made a point of characterizing the Broncos as desiring a salary reduction rather than an improvement in their cap situation, and that comes straight from Dove Valley.

The substantial conversations have likely already taken place, and the two sides are figure to be just posturing at this point.

Dumervil will be sent packing, the team will say they made him a reasonable offer, and Magid gets to say he negotiated in good faith, but that the Broncos were asking too much of a 29-year old who will likely command upwards of $20M in guarantees as a free agent.

The many fans who are all too happy to accept a 50% pay cut on Elvis's behalf will continue to smear Doom, and suggest he's selfish, and less interested in winning than they are. Of course, this ignores the point that Denver isn't the only place where Elvis Dumervil can reasonably expect to have a good shot at earning a ring in 2013.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...to-restructure

philfree 03-07-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9475813)
According to Elvis Dumervil's agent Marty Magid, the defensive end is willing to rework his deal:
They informed us they want to do a restructure. I'm not classifying this as a pay cut. I'm going ahead with this being a restructure. If we can meet on some common ground, there's a potential we can get it done. If we can't, they'll have to make a decision. But we're definitely in good faith going to try to negotiate this out. Elvis wants to return as a Bronco if it all possible, and that's what we're trying to do — make the client happy and try to appease the team.
Translation: Denver's going to have to pony up a lot more guaranteed money for my client to accept a lower salary.

Above all, there's one thing to know about this so-called negotiation between the Broncos and Dumervil - if the team were seeking a mild pay cut, it likely would have taken place entirely behind the scenes, and we'd only have heard about it after the fact.

Instead, it's playing out very publicly, which tells us that Denver is seeking a serious pay cut. Mike Klis has made a point of characterizing the Broncos as desiring a salary reduction rather than an improvement in their cap situation, and that comes straight from Dove Valley.

The substantial conversations have likely already taken place, and the two sides are figure to be just posturing at this point.

Dumervil will be sent packing, the team will say they made him a reasonable offer, and Magid gets to say he negotiated in good faith, but that the Broncos were asking too much of a 29-year old who will likely command upwards of $20M in guarantees as a free agent.

The many fans who are all too happy to accept a 50% pay cut on Elvis's behalf will continue to smear Doom, and suggest he's selfish, and less interested in winning than they are. Of course, this ignores the point that Denver isn't the only place where Elvis Dumervil can reasonably expect to have a good shot at earning a ring in 2013.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...to-restructure

Reading that it seems like he is headed for the open market. It'd be kind of cool to see Dumerville sack Mannning a couple of times for the Chiefs.

BossChief 03-07-2013 11:31 PM

If they can't agree on a restructure, they could probably get a couple good picks for him.

If he was a free agent, **** yeah I'd be open to signing him.

We are gonna need as many pass rushers as possible and outside of quarterback, they are easily the most important part of a team.

bowener 03-07-2013 11:42 PM

Why can't douche Manning restructure to help his team? Tom Brady should kick him in the dick.

J Diddy 03-07-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9475844)
Why can't douche Manning restructure to help his team? Tom Brady should kick him in the dick.

This. First thing I thought after Manning signed his contract was that they won't win anything because they'll be too hamstrung by Manning's salary. I don't know about you, but if I'm dumervil, I ain't doing shit until Payme A ton does.

philfree 03-07-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9475830)
If they can't agree on a restructure, they could probably get a couple good picks for him.

If he was a free agent, **** yeah I'd be open to signing him.

We are gonna need as many pass rushers as possible and outside of quarterback, they are easily the most important part of a team.

Have three 10+ sack guys out there terrorizing QBs. Sounds like an unreality.

Mother****erJones 03-07-2013 11:52 PM

This is why i didnt want Bill Polian, he'd sign Manning to a gigantic deal and sign 5 core guys and fill in the cracks with cheap guys. If Dumervil leaves and Manning wont restructure than **** him...lol wait GO PEYTON

Cephalic Trauma 03-08-2013 12:04 AM

Anything that keeps Knowmo from talking about "VONDOOM" :banghead:

RealSNR 03-08-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9475897)
Anything that keeps Knowmo from talking about "VONDOOM" :banghead:

We got that covered for this year. Dude's on a year-long ban when he lost a bet to PGM.

He tried cheating by sending me rep messages talking about Brock Osweiler. I've got that bet-welching bitch on ignore now. I can officially forget that he exists for an entire year. It's great.

mikey23545 03-08-2013 02:42 AM

I'm all for anything that would allow Dungver to burn up some cap space on Ol' Man Freeney.

Warrior5 03-08-2013 04:59 AM

No stinkin' Donks...

rabblerouser 03-08-2013 06:22 AM

hasn't he had some inhusry issues over the past couple of years??

BlackHelicopters 03-08-2013 07:17 AM

Seems like an area that you can't have too many of. Price, of course, is a different matter.