ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV AMC's Next: The Killing (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242439)

Brock 06-27-2011 09:27 AM

Ha ha, he thinks people think the finale was the problem.

Deberg_1990 07-01-2011 03:53 PM

Finally finished watching this last night. I guess im not upset by the final twist too much. I just wish that they hadnt turned Holder into a bad guy. I like his character and they had built up quite alot of goodwill with him the past few weeks. Ill still watch next season.....what the heck.

Red Brooklyn 07-01-2011 04:45 PM

I'm just not convinced he's a "bad guy" yet. We don't know who he's working for or (ultimately) what they want.

The finally was fine. The only problems I had with it were/are the same problems I've had with the entire series. But the cliffhanger ending and Holder's revelation were fine. I honestly can't fathom why anyone would be upset by it. Disappointed? Okay. Let down. Fine. But upset? Whatever.

I was never all that invested in it to begin with, so maybe that's why I'm surprised by all the passionate dissent.

Red Brooklyn 07-01-2011 04:46 PM

But even if Holder is a bad guy now, it makes sense. The writing has been on the wall the whole season. The guy's always been a little skeezey.

Deberg_1990 07-01-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 7725817)
I'm just not convinced he's a "bad guy" yet. We don't know who he's working for or (ultimately) what they want.

The finally was fine. The only problems I had with it were/are the same problems I've had with the entire series. But the cliffhanger ending and Holder's revelation were fine. I honestly can't fathom why anyone would be upset by it. Disappointed? Okay. Let down. Fine. But upset? Whatever.

I was never all that invested in it to begin with, so maybe that's why I'm surprised by all the passionate dissent.

I think the main problem is it appears the show never really resolves anything. The entire season the pattern was to trail a suspect for an episode or two, conclude with some shocking revelation, then pull the rug out from under you at the beginning of the next episode. Reboot.... I suspect thats what will happen at the beginning of season 2.

Holder wont be bad, because they havent showed who he was talking to in the car, and they never "technically" showed Richmond getting shot.

Red Brooklyn 07-01-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7726093)
I think the main problem is it appears the show never really resolves anything. The entire season the pattern was to trail a suspect for an episode or two, conclude with some shocking revelation, then pull the rug out from under you at the beginning of the next episode. Reboot.... I suspect thats what will happen at the beginning of season 2.

Holder wont be bad, because they havent showed who he was talking to in the car, and they never "technically" showed Richmond getting shot.

Exactly. You've hit the nail on the head, me thinks.

rocknrolla 07-01-2011 08:07 PM

Has anyone seen the British version? All I know, is they better not expect me to remember all the details of this season.

Pitt Gorilla 03-16-2012 10:37 PM

Funny story. So my wife wants me to see this glamorous video of a friend of her's from high school. I watch the video and get bored until I realized that the girl in the video is the aunt from The Killing. Wait, THAT is your friend?!? I had tried to get her to watch the show last year but she had no interest. Now, she wants to watch season one to see her buddy and I have no interest (due to the drawn-out nature of the show and the lack of a payoff). Anyway, small world.

Deberg_1990 03-16-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8463728)
Funny story. So my wife wants me to see this glamorous video of a friend of her's from high school. I watch the video and get bored until I realized that the girl in the video is the aunt from The Killing. Wait, THAT is your friend?!? I had tried to get her to watch the show last year but she had no interest. Now, she wants to watch season one to see her buddy and I have no interest (due to the drawn-out nature of the show and the lack of a payoff). Anyway, small world.

Heh. Funny story. That aunt character is who I think ended up killing Rosie.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990 04-01-2012 08:21 AM

Bump for season 2 premiere tonight. I'm still watching and intrigued. AMC running a marathon of season 1 right now.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-01-2012 09:24 AM

Not sure if I'm going to watch this season or not yet.

keg in kc 04-01-2012 10:33 AM

I have it DVR'd, we'll see how the premeire is.

Deberg_1990 04-02-2012 07:16 AM

Well, ive only watched the first hour from last night so far and ive got to say it was pretty decent. Looks like they are developing a "Conspiracy Theory" plotline now, which may or may not include Holder?
Hmmmmmm....

Where did Mitch go?

the Talking Can 04-02-2012 08:56 AM

it got better as it went...I still find myself not caring about the family at all, wish it was just the procedural stuff...

keg in kc 04-05-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8511112)
it got better as it went...I still find myself not caring about the family at all, wish it was just the procedural stuff...

I'm with you on the family stuff, said the same last year, but all-in-all I liked the premiere. Gonna keep watching.